Coopers Community

RDWHAHB - What Are You Drinking in 2021?

Hairy

On 12/22/2021 at 6:16 AM, BlackSands said:

Worked bloody hard for this one!  65 minutes in the afternoon sun  running up endless hills and stairs.  My 61 year old legs feel like jelly!  So, downing a crisp 'n' cold NZ golden ale dosed up with Amerillo and Cascade hops   😋   Probably should be rehydrating with lot's of water... but.... nah!  

PostRunAle_Dec2021.jpg

Looking good for your age mate cheers

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, jamiek86 said:

nice tap handles I was looking at those myself a while ago so can keep changing to suit the keg. Do you just print the inners off computer?

Yep. They also come with chalkboard and whiteboard inserts.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It's Christmas eve and as you can see I'm steadily working my way through more of my current batch of partial-mashed Golden Ale.  There's a high skunking risk at the moment so a brief pause for a quick snapshot and then down she goes!  😜

IMG_20211224_175356.jpg

Edited by BlackSands
  • Like 4
  • Haha 4

16 hours ago, Hairy said:

Yep. They also come with chalkboard and whiteboard inserts.

they are a pain in the ....   on a 4 tap kegerator   as they hit each other  so i went back to origional tap handles

but they look good on a 2 tap kegerator

• Haha 1

ok this beer is a home brew  i had sent to me by Simple Home Brew

his take on Brimstone Ipa  (all Grain)

Cracked the cap of the bottle and there was touch of hiss from the gas and caught a good smell of the aromas this beer brought.
Poured into a teku Glass i found i had very little head, but mind you that was the idiot pouring in my opinion and i do not like overly big head pours when it comes to my ipa's , but the head i poured was ample for my liking.
The colour of this beer was a very nice copper like colour and also was good clarity , unfortunately the pic i will show wont show the clarity to well
1st Mouth feel i felt , hmmm a bit meh but then i got the hit in what i was expecting with a good flow of hop bitterness and the nice smooth malty flavour that wasnt overpowering.
Now i just had of started to sip this beer and my dam pizza turned up and thought heck its either cold pizza or a flat beer , i decided what the heck lets put it up against a capricossa pizza
and i tell ya what this beer brought the best out of the anchovies and olives but also gave me a spicy bit of flavour to the beer.

So special thanks to simple home brewing for allowing me the taste of his Brimstone IPA  and i below you will see his review on his beer

20211224_114847.thumb.jpg.28ff453e63cada0fe71ce9cbed515311.jpg

Cheers and beers guys
  • Like 4

Guys and Gals   I wont go on to much about this beer  but it is my west coast ipa that i buggered up

its really only been  carbonating for 5 days set and forget, during that tme i have tried a couple  since and each taste has brought something new to the table in far as taste  

day 1 of being kegged there was prominent hopburn  tried again on day 3  hop burn was decreasing and was still strong but decreasing

da5 25th of December   a nice head has started and again the hopburn  still about but is dropping out

i'm happy with the colour  of the beer  however  as its around 4%  when it should have been around 5 .4% abv  it has a watery taste  which i was expecting and this is one  thing i know i stuffed up on

over all though its starting to come a tasty  sessionable beer

20211225_160602.thumb.jpg.e8590468f3e389f2dd2c33b5b5588fc6.jpg

• Like 6