Coopers Community

RDWHAHB - What Are You Drinking in 2021?

Hairy

11 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Hey Al, Cheers for that, I did mean IP, I still think he is the Graubster ☠

I am very happy here & I love the sound of surf crashing in the beach, seagulls etc.

We will have a big slosh up by the ⛱ tomorrow,  all the best to you for New Year Mate.🍺💥

I drove past yesterday, Front Bar was closed, so I kept moving.....🙄

hot night, cold beer. kit kilo and partial with an 800g partial for that was all that i could scrounge up, but i'm really happy with the results. cooper's canadian can with BE2, 800g/2.4l mini mash with 1.2l sparge/top up and 30 min boil. lots of galaxy. kit yeast r007 x2.

IMG_8992.thumb.jpg.df4a3c74e3fc96dc433bd2bf9a2cad86.jpg

1645235264_Screenshot2021-12-31192426.jpg.de2fa185e4f5616c7580c293c4ecf6d6.jpg

• Like 5

I would like to wish everyone a very Happy New Year 🍺 it has been a good brewing year for me & now my move is over I am looking forward to getting a few started. 

Let's hope we can continue on this great forum to discuss & share our beloved brewing topics & make 2022 even better.

All the very best to everyone,  Cheers Phil 🍻 

• Like 7

19 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I would like to wish everyone a very Happy New Year 🍺 it has been a good brewing year for me & now my move is over I am looking forward to getting a few started. 

Let's hope we can continue on this great forum to discuss & share our beloved brewing topics & make 2022 even better.

All the very best to everyone,  Cheers Phil 🍻 

A very Happy New Year to you Phil, and all the brewers here. Hoping that we have a great brewing year in 2022!

• Like 5

Happy New Year brewers.

Sipping on a glass of my Aussie Hoegaarden clone.  This has turned out really nice.  Earthy, citrusy and spicy notes from the Coriander in the boil and fermenter additions plus the late Saaz hop addition.  A bit rougher flavour than my last attempt where I bittered with Magnum instead of the Pride of Ringwood I used this time around.  There is also some bubble-gum thing going on with the flavour.  A flaw or the result of pitching at 17°C and raising to 23°C over about 3 days.

I ended up having to use WB-06 because the Munich Classic that I top cropped a few months ago just did not smell right.  Turned out to be a really nice brew.  This glass was actually from a bottle I opened last night, but could not finish off before beddy-byes.  Still tasted fine and had some carbonation left.

IMG_2777.JPG.da88e27f7265784f920dccaa4b12f9c8.JPG

• Like 5

• 6 months later...
7 hours ago, John E Miller said:

Have you tried this, and in what proportions? 

Hey there @John E Miller JEM mate!

Nice to see a post from you again.  Hopefully your Salumi production is going well : )

BTW not to be pedantic... but this is the 2021 thread... and sadly @Norris! Norris has not posted for some time - are you there @Norris! Norris mate?

Would be lovely to hear from you again mate.

There is a little bit more going on at the 2022 thread @John E Miller... just thought I would mention it in case it might be useful.

But was nice to see that December 2021 Larger again - would be nice to be able to make another like it ; )

RDWHAHB - What Are You Drinking in 2022?

19 minutes ago, John E Miller said:

Thanks mate, I'm a bit behind the times aren't I! 

I have made some bacon which I am loving, keen to have a crack at prosciutto and salami. I should post an update sometime

We haven't seen you for a while JEM, I hope you made some beer to go with all of those lovely smallgoods !!

Brew farm IPL clone pretty happy with this and the clarity is good as well after a week in the keg. The hops coming through and I expect it to improve as it gets older! Again fined with gelatine and this was also dry hopped! I used a diamond yeast cake to ferment!

344ED4E5-EF3F-4DB5-9138-54657F244BF9.jpeg

• Like 2

10 hours ago, RDT2 said:

Brew farm IPL clone pretty happy with this and the clarity is good as well after a week in the keg. The hops coming through and I expect it to improve as it gets older! Again fined with gelatine and this was also dry hopped! I used a diamond yeast cake to ferment!

344ED4E5-EF3F-4DB5-9138-54657F244BF9.jpeg

Just realised I posted in the wrong what are you drinking 🙄

• Haha 1