Coopers Community

RDWHAHB - What Are You Drinking in 2021?

Hairy

@Mickep nice looking lager you got a recipe for that one if don't mind sharing mate? I want to replicate an Aussie lager with better head retention and hop flavor. I struggle with the yeast as Danish lager is hard to get and what a lot of big boys used in past as far as I know, what was your yeast?

On 8/22/2021 at 11:51 AM, Mickep said:

A really simple Aussie Lager. Clean and crisp and the 10g/ltr of priming sugar gives it a whack of fizz too. More a summer drink me thinks. Nice malty (?) taste, with a pleasant amount of bitterness  from the POR hop addition to balance things out a bit.

IMG-4598.JPG

No- this is not a dirty glass! It's what happens when you love the fizz. 10g/liter🤣🤣🤣🍺

IMG-4597.JPG

• Like 7

19 hours ago, jamiek86 said:

@Mickep nice looking lager you got a recipe for that one if don't mind sharing mate? I want to replicate an Aussie lager with better head retention and hop flavor. I struggle with the yeast as Danish lager is hard to get and what a lot of big boys used in past as far as I know, what was your yeast?

I'll look up the notes mate and get back to you. It's a really simple one. So not sure it would suit everyone. I'm an EX Carlton draught, VB  tragic mate, so my taste buds have been poisoned. It tastes fine to me though.

It was basically an all malt with a small amount of Dex (approx200g) added to the OS Coopers Lager kit. Hops added from a coffee plunger steep 20 minutes at approx 72 Degrees. Volume was about 22liters. Yeast Dubbya. Pitched @ 14 degrees thanks @iBooz2 and the reduced to 10 degrees. D-Rest 5 days. CC 1.5 degree for 4-5 days.

I'll get back with the exact amounts of ingredients. It's go very well in a keg me thinks around summertime.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, PintsAtMeLocal said:

Spot the hop bit. 2 week old Aus ale 🍻

IMG-20210822-WA0039.jpeg

And haven't you come a long way in your brewing PAML.  Good to see.

If you can leave this one for 4 weeks and post up a pic then.  It will be clearer, head bubbles smaller and tightly packed and will give you even more incentive to be more adventurous with your recipes.  Well done.  I bet you are pretty chuffed with your beers so far.

Edited by iBooz2
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, iBooz2 said:

And haven't you come a long way in your brewing PAML.  Good to see.

If you can leave this one for 4 weeks and post up a pic then.  It will be clearer, head bubbles smaller and tightly packed and will give you even more incentive to be more adventurous with your recipes.  Well done.  I bet you are pretty chuffed with your beers so far.

Ah mate thank u so much. Your comment made my day. I will try leave a few bottles till the 4 week mark ✌🍻

• Thanks 1

Got the yank IPA on the pour. Extremely happy with it. 7.2% ABV. 65 IBU. 
decent malt back bone hiding behind a pine/citrus/resin dry hop. Certainly not the clearest IPA I’ve made. Will be interesting to see what the general public think of it as it’s part of a home brew comp held this Saturday.

26CB6CCD-1F98-4E8E-A039-AF7E67160921.jpeg

• Like 13

46 minutes ago, MitchBastard said:

Got the yank IPA on the pour. Extremely happy with it. 7.2% ABV. 65 IBU. 
decent malt back bone hiding behind a pine/citrus/resin dry hop. Certainly not the clearest IPA I’ve made. Will be interesting to see what the general public think of it as it’s part of a home brew comp held this Saturday.

26CB6CCD-1F98-4E8E-A039-AF7E67160921.jpeg

looks a rippa,   how good are those teku glasses mate they hold the aromas  and everythig in those glasses

• Haha 1

Hey all

only kegged this one on friday and i do the set and forget method  and its carbing up well and starting to get some great taste behind it, i was worried  this was going to turn out baaaaaad to the bone

However   little dissapointed a bit of chil haze and not as clear as i would like it but it will clear in the weeks ahead depending on how it lasts

the aroma is great giving great fruity smell from the citra and not overly bitter and just about right
very little head but that will improve  i will think as its not fully carbed yet  to hold

love the colour    nice golden pale colour

very easy to drink and i magine this beer wouldnt last long amongst friends  as it hasnt got the real hoppy feel to it

grain

84.9% pale malt
10.1% munich light
5% carapils

hops

10g columbus (tomahawk)  60min boil
25g centennial  hopstand  20 min aroma
25g citra hopstand 20 min  Aroma 
50g centennial  dry hop 3 days
50g citra   dry hop 3 days

misc
whirfloc  10 min boil

yeast 
saf us-05

2108432240_Americanpalebyoz.thumb.jpg.dccd69c403f204b17f624c5267834bac.jpg

• Like 12

2 hours ago, ozdevil said:

Hey all

only kegged this one on friday and i do the set and forget method  and its carbing up well and starting to get some great taste behind it, i was worried  this was going to turn out baaaaaad to the bone

However   little dissapointed a bit of chil haze and not as clear as i would like it but it will clear in the weeks ahead depending on how it lasts

the aroma is great giving great fruity smell from the citra and not overly bitter and just about right
very little head but that will improve  i will think as its not fully carbed yet  to hold

love the colour    nice golden pale colour

very easy to drink and i magine this beer wouldnt last long amongst friends  as it hasnt got the real hoppy feel to it

grain

84.9% pale malt
10.1% munich light
5% carapils

hops

10g columbus (tomahawk)  60min boil
25g centennial  hopstand  20 min aroma
25g citra hopstand 20 min  Aroma 
50g centennial  dry hop 3 days
50g citra   dry hop 3 days

misc
whirfloc  10 min boil

yeast 
saf us-05

2108432240_Americanpalebyoz.thumb.jpg.dccd69c403f204b17f624c5267834bac.jpg

Is it a Pale Ale OD or another style? What yeast?