Coopers Community

RDWHAHB - What Are You Drinking in 2021?

Hairy

11 hours ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

Must be a good home brew year 2021.  Maybe Covid is to blame.  I was curious so I checked it out.

• RDWHAHB - What are you drinking in 2018 - 49 Pages and 1,211 Posts
  • RDWHAHB - What are you drinking in 2019 - 96 Pages and 2,385 Posts
  • RDWHAHB - What are you drinking in 2020 - 94 Pages and 2,339 Posts
  • RDWHAHB - What are you drinking in 2021 - 104 Pages and 2,587 Posts

2021 is looking to be a record year.  And not even 3/4's of the way through the year.  Actually 2,588 posts after this one. 😁

Excellent work Shamus, interesting stats, take the rest of the day off !!  I think maybe they all drink too much. 🤣

• Haha 5

14 hours ago, Stickers said:
15 hours ago, stquinto said:

Beer looks good @Stickers but your drinking room looks like a right old dungeon / torture chamber 😆

what, this old thing

I wouldn't be worried about anyone breaking in & nicking your grog by the look of all those Black Spiders & assorted Arachnida all over the window.

Gives me goosebumps looking at them. 😬 🕷️

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, stquinto said:

Hey mate, we’re a bit off subject (when we should be on a beer topic) talking about this,  but we had it bad enough, nobody knows for sure as nobody (in Europe anyway) counted the same. Loads of the buggers tried to score points off another in terms of who got the vaccination out quickest. All I can say is I’m not trusting any “experts” any time soon.

I’ve had the two jabs mind, and since then my Windows works a treat, never had a problem with Microsoft since Bill’s chip’s in my arm 🤣

Back to the essentials, this is what I got up to today (golden ale again)

D2F49AA7-FFCA-4677-A306-06310DC15A31.jpeg

That’s a real captain right there, going down with his ship 🚢 💦 👨‍✈️ 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, jamiek86 said:

looks like he going down beside the ship and the ship is still afloat

Looks like Noah (shark) weather as well being that calm overcast eerie type of day 🦈 

It would appear he has drunk all the passengers as well 🍺 

Edited by RDT2
  • Haha 3

18 hours ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

Must be a good home brew year 2021.  Maybe Covid is to blame.  I was curious so I checked it out

Or maybe (whether Covid actuated or not) our world is becoming better aligned with how great beer can be self-made with Coops Tinnies and All Grain at home and not suffer to the Megaswill and its GST additional cost 🤔

Along with a few other adjunct festive at-home-activities possible 🥳

image.thumb.png.72b983af8892c090ccc620ff03b7b7e7.png

Edited by Graubart
  • Like 6

23 minutes ago, Graubart said:

Along with a few other adjunct festive at-home-activities possible 🥳

Best way to go Mate,  some blokes think it's about being in the Pub every  night but when you have access to all of that lovely home grown stuff & finely crafted beers - why would you want to go anywhere ? Cheers.

• Like 2

true Aussie bitter Canadian blonde plus light malt tin plus 86 days pils lager slurry brewed on 12 degrees. definitely prefer hop flavour but this boring easy drinker for my oktoberfest boring drinkers 3 weeks in keg should age well. 4.7%

20210813_175112.jpg

• Like 7

1 hour ago, CLASSIC said:

Just tucking into one of my Coopers Draughts, this was a fine drop with extra malt extract & hops, I am glad I have just bottled another batch.

Draught 13 Aug 21.jpg

Share the recipe there mate

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PintsAtMeLocal said:

Share the recipe there mate

OK here it is,

Coopers Draught 1.7kg

600 gm Light  LME

750gm LDME

Goldings Hops x 15gm infusion

Supplied yeast

SG 1.040

FG 1.010

Bottled 29th May '21

I basically used up available stock but I tell you it is good, I have a rough idea it's around 5+ ABV but I don't care.

Cheers

Phil

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, CLASSIC said:

OK here it is,

Coopers Draught 1.7kg

600 gm Light  LME

750gm LDME

Goldings Hops x 15gm infusion

Supplied yeast

SG 1.040

FG 1.010

Bottled 29th May '21

I basically used up available stock but I tell you it is good, I have a rough idea it's around 5+ ABV but I don't care.

Cheers

Phil

Sounds like a cracker! Did u just do a hop tea after fernent or did u do a boil initially ?

2 minutes ago, CLASSIC said:

Mate I got lazy & just did a hop tea & through it in just before the yeast, after all this time, I still get a hop bite & it has nice bittering. 

Wow never tried that one before. Will be sure to give it a go, thanks

• Like 1

Well made a mistake I swapped my number three tap from Red Irish Ale to my new Baltic Porter last night for a sneaky taster. Well swapped back I thought tonight to the Red but it kept pouring Porter wrong keg. So finally ended up with the right keg and ended up with a blended red and Baltic Porter really nice actually. Porter tastes good already also 🍻 

B988F7F1-FB0E-4DBD-8A49-DA65A174E785.jpeg

Edited by RDT2
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2