Coopers Community

RDWHAHB - What Are You Drinking in 2021?

Hairy

After three weeks in the bottle it was time to sample test the OS Draught + Wheat/Malt + 1/2 BE3 + cascade hops + US-05 yeast which came out tasting nice, with a floral-citrus tinge. I will need to do anudda sample test next week to see how much change as it is still a bit young. Cheers.  

Wheat Beer.jpg

Edited by Barramullafella
  • Like 9

On 8/25/2021 at 1:55 PM, ozdevil said:

2108432240_Americanpalebyoz.thumb.jpg.dccd69c403f204b17f624c5267834bac.jpg

OD, probably too late but whatever you do, DO NOT drink this glass of beer, because it has already had my tongue in it.

Very yummy looking beer there mate.  How did you achieve that colour with just the 2 pale malts?  Was it Simpsons or Joe White Munich Malt?  I am going to copy it (with a credit to you) as I have some reclaimed US-05 which is unemployed at the moment.

My software (BS) only gives about 10 EBC.  What was yours predicting?

• Thanks 1

Another nod to @Graubartwith a fence photo again. @Classic Brewing Cocan check for bird droppings. Having a stout (on top of an esb which disappeared before a photo was able to be taken) tonight. Been in the bottle 13 months. Not in love I have to say. Not bad, just meh. Head disappeared quick which made me sad. Dunno, maybe stout not my thang 🤷‍♂️ Maybe that’s why it lasted 13 months…

5F103A3E-EA53-43CF-B2B4-E9CA1716BDC7.thumb.jpeg.971cdf2bd5239733a785033b7314131a.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, iBooz2 said:

OD, probably too late but whatever you do, DO NOT drink this glass of beer, because it has already had my tongue in it.

Very yummy looking beer there mate.  How did you achieve that colour with just the 2 pale malts?  Was it Simpsons or Joe White Munich Malt?  I am going to copy it (with a credit to you) as I have some reclaimed US-05 which is unemployed at the moment.

My software (BS) only gives about 10 EBC.  What was yours predicting?

my software   brewfather   was only giving 8.5 EBC

joe white munich lite
barret burston for the pale

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Tone boy said:

Been in the bottle 13 months. Not in love I have to say. Not bad, just meh. Head disappeared quick which made me sad. Dunno, maybe stout not my thang 🤷‍♂️ Maybe that’s why it lasted 13 months

Hey TB, yep I hear what you are saying re not being a stout boy as its not really me either, or at least I think stout is not my cuppa so to speak as it has been many years since I got stuck into one.  Of course all the stout lovers will shoot me down in flames here.

I used to drink a far bit of Kilkenny in the cans but never really tried a proper stout in recent memory.

However I brewed up an AG version of a Toohey's old clone a while back and I am really enjoying the odd pint of this brew and will brew it again when the keg is empty.  So if I am not a full on stout person (might do one next summer for winter 2022 drinking just to find out for sure) and you sound like its not to your tastes then perhaps buy a few stubbies of the Toohey's old and give that a go to see if you like it.  If all good then do an extract version of it.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, ozdevil said:

my software   brewfather   was only giving 8.5 EBC

joe white munich lite
barret burston for the pale

OD, just going on your pic I reckon yours is up around the 12 - 13 -ish EBC.  I have the hops and most of the grains in stock so when I get a clear shot at an Ale brew day would like to do your recipe.  Just so I don't have to stick my tongue in yours ha ha.🤣

35 minutes ago, iBooz2 said:

Hey TB, yep I hear what you are saying re not being a stout boy as its not really me either, or at least I think stout is not my cuppa so to speak as it has been many years since I got stuck into one.  Of course all the stout lovers will shoot me down in flames here.

I used to drink a far bit of Kilkenny in the cans but never really tried a proper stout in recent memory.

However I brewed up an AG version of a Toohey's old clone a while back and I am really enjoying the odd pint of this brew and will brew it again when the keg is empty.  So if I am not a full on stout person (might do one next summer for winter 2022 drinking just to find out for sure) and you sound like its not to your tastes then perhaps buy a few stubbies of the Toohey's old and give that a go to see if you like it.  If all good then do an extract version of it.

Cheers Boozer. You could be onto something there. I remember having tooheys old “off the wood” and really enjoyed it (remember when we were allowed to drink in bars?). I might have to rig up a partial mash version of one for next winter.

I’m about to brew a few lagers in a row while the weather is still cool for the upcoming summer 👍👍

2 minutes ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

Modus Operandi Former Tenant Red IPA clone

Mango, sweet fruit and caramel aromas.

Toasty dark toffee caramel sweet flavour. Malty. Good head retention.

Too easy to drink at 8.5%.  Yeah this is a sh1t hot beer.

Terribly boring photo, but you get the idea

Looks good Shamus, what are you doing with my Grolsch glasses ? I have 8 of them, great for drinking glasses.

20210708_171214.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Looks good Shamus, what are you doing with my Grolsch glasses ? I have 8 of them, great for drinking glasses.

Maybe you need to do a recount of how many Grolsch glasses you have.  I only have one or two, but quite like them.  Probably 50 cents at an Op Shop.  Probably gave them $2.  Definitely did not ask for change.

37 minutes ago, Tone boy said:

I’d be nude before I finished my first glass!

That's why I consume them in 300ml glasses.  Although I did have a 500ml one earlier in the week and did a nudie run up the court at midnight.  Luckily a curfew is in place so nobody saw it.😁

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, iBooz2 said:

OD, just going on your pic I reckon yours is up around the 12 - 13 -ish EBC.  I have the hops and most of the grains in stock so when I get a clear shot at an Ale brew day would like to do your recipe.  Just so I don't have to stick my tongue in yours ha ha.🤣

I think you can get your tongue out of my beer now  lol

i look forward to hearing your thoughts on the beer 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

Modus Operandi Former Tenant Red IPA clone

Mango, sweet fruit and caramel aromas.

Toasty dark toffee caramel sweet flavour. Malty. Good head retention.

Too easy to drink at 8.5%.  Yeah this is a sh1t hot beer.

Terribly boring photo, but you get the idea.

IMG_2551.JPG.523cee0c565aa0417d80dfe3fec6efdd.JPG

Thanks for the update Mr O'Sean. It's moved up the to do list.

• Like 1

On 8/23/2021 at 2:32 PM, Mickep said:

I'll look up the notes mate and get back to you. It's a really simple one. So not sure it would suit everyone. I'm an EX Carlton draught, VB  tragic mate, so my taste buds have been poisoned. It tastes fine to me though.

It was basically an all malt with a small amount of Dex (approx200g) added to the OS Coopers Lager kit. Hops added from a coffee plunger steep 20 minutes at approx 72 Degrees. Volume was about 22liters. Yeast Dubbya. Pitched @ 14 degrees thanks @iBooz2 and the reduced to 10 degrees. D-Rest 5 days. CC 1.5 degree for 4-5 days.

I'll get back with the exact amounts of ingredients. It's go very well in a keg me thinks around summertime.

JamieK @jamiek86 my notes for this simple Aussie Lager. Hope they make sense. Cheers Mick

16th Tan's Aussie Lager.docx

Edited by Mickep

@Mickep thanks for that info 10 grams hops seems like a small amount for 44 liters could you taste any of it? i know POR has a strong taste and aroma but just wondering. This is about the 10th time i have tried to reply here is hoping!

YAY!

Edited by jamiek86

hey all

i'm absolutely am loving this beer   and this is going to be a regular  fwk providing the still do it.
i put this up about 2 weeks ago  but its just getting tastier

hop nation fwk by grain and grape 

i suggest this to those that dont want to take the plunge into all grain but want to try all grain beer 
its really worth giving ago 

hopnation.thumb.jpg.c993fe5fae98b9f6904b79354c46b541.jpg

• Like 3

I wasn't going to bother with a photo but I am sitting in the Office/Brewroom drinking a plain old Coopers Lager that I added 1.7kg LME, a generous amount of Hallertau & US-05 only bottled on the 12th August, young I know but this really is good.

As usual we all know the idea is to Lager them but I think most of us just drink them, I am luck to have 4 Fermenters so I keep the production wheels turning to ensure a plentiful supply.

Cheers

Phil

Coopers Lager .jpg

• Like 4