Coopers Community

RDWHAHB - What Are You Drinking in 2021?

Hairy

6 minutes ago, iBooz2 said:

My AG version of the 1911 Carlsberg Pilsner recipe four weeks in the keg, it has cleared up beautifully and is superb sipping on a Friday arvo.  Sorry should have wiped down the glass for the pic.

Looks awesome Boozer, with a touch of curry powder ? I am thinking that is from the hops. Shoulda poked one of your darts in the bubble too 🤣

Cheers 😁

1 hour ago, jamiek86 said:

@Mickep thanks for that info 10 grams hops seems like a small amount for 44 liters could you taste any of it? i know POR has a strong taste and aroma but just wondering. This is about the 10th time i have tried to reply here is hoping!

YAY!

Its a typo, if you look down in the spreadsheet its 22 L.  Be good if you could get that ABV out those few ingredients in 44 L but !  Plus its a PoR hopped tin to start with so just needs a tad more PoR late.

Edited by iBooz2
  • Like 1

2 weeks in keg GCL with hallertau small boil and steep just a taste so can age more struggle to upload photo the site has gone down hill.  @Coopers DIY Beer Team maby the site needs a good clean out of old material? nothing but problems a few weeks before the update and worse since.

@iBooz2 ill have another look I thought even for 44 litres the 2 tins 2kg of ldm and dextrose didn't add up

3 hours ago, jamiek86 said:

2 weeks in keg GCL with hallertau small boil and steep just a taste so can age more struggle to upload photo the site has gone down hill.  @Coopers DIY Beer Team maby the site needs a good clean out of old material? nothing but problems a few weeks before the update and worse since.

@iBooz2 ill have another look I thought even for 44 litres the 2 tins 2kg of ldm and dextrose didn't add up

Either @Mickep  has done a double batch as per top part of his word document or a single batch as per spreadsheet below it but either way there is a typo as he states 10 g PoR for both.  That's the typo I am talking about.

Edited by iBooz2
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, iBooz2 said:

Either @Mickep  has done a double batch as per top part of his word document or a single batch as per spreadsheet below it but either way there is a typo as he states 10 g PoR for both.  That's the typo I am talking about.

didn't see second page now I get you also.calls it all malt lager but using dextrose guess he had a modification. Although it's Aussie lager also still looks interesting haven't used POR for over 10 years need to give it another go.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, iBooz2 said:
19 hours ago, jamiek86 said:

@Mickep thanks for that info 10 grams hops seems like a small amount for 44 liters could you taste any of it? i know POR has a strong taste and aroma but just wondering. This is about the 10th time i have tried to reply here is hoping!

YAY!

Its a typo, if you look down in the spreadsheet its 22 L.  Be good if you could get that ABV out those few ingredients in 44 L but !  Plus its a PoR hopped tin to start with so just needs a tad more PoR late.

Thanks Boozer @iBooz2 , yep that's it Jamie @jamiek86 I fermented in two Coopers vessels. @44liters volume in total. Sorry for the slip up there mate. So it was 20 grams of POR in total for the 44 liters. Might sound like a small amount but like Boozer's said the kit tin is already hopped with POR...I've tinkered with the hop addition and this amount seemed to suit the style and my taste buds. I was also mindful not to add the hops to the steep at temps over 80 degrees, I've tried this a few time s now and for me I've found the steep temp at about 75 degreesC to best suit this addition. It's a bit of a mega swill I know but it goes well in the hot weather to be sure. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, iBooz2 said:

My AG version of the 1911 Carlsberg Pilsner recipe four weeks in the keg, it has cleared up beautifully and is superb sipping on a Friday arvo.  Sorry should have wiped down the glass for the pic.

1911 Carlsberg Pilsner 4 weeks in keg - resized.jpg

Looks awesome Boozer mate, beautiful in fact.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Mickep said:
18 hours ago, iBooz2 said:
20 hours ago, jamiek86 said:

YAY!

Expand  

Thanks Boozer @iBooz2 , yep that's it Jamie @jamiek86 I fermented in two Coopers vessels. @44liters volume in total. Sorry for the slip up there mate. So it was 20 grams of POR in total for the 44 liters. Might sound like a small amount but like Boozer's said the kit tin is already hopped with POR...I've tinkered with the hop addition and this amount seemed to suit the style and my taste buds. I was also mindful not to add the hops to the steep at temps over 80 degrees, I've tried this a few time s now and for me I've found the steep temp at about 75 degreesC to best suit this addition. It's a bit of a mega swill I know but it goes well in the hot weather to be sure. 

I'm sorry Jamiek @jamiek86 for any confusion here I'm attaching another word doc with typo corrections and hoping it's easier to understand. I use a template for the recipes so sometime older recipe details are left in by mistake.

16th Mick's Aussie Lager.docx

Edited by Mickep

@Mickep no need be sorry I was just confused by it the recepie sounds nice coming into summer although happy with my Euro lagers I'm looking for good Aussie one. I recently done the true blue Aussie lager that uses Canadian blonde tin 😄 actually really nice 5 weeks in keg. No hops so 10 grams of POR being a strong hop would go nice next time. I've been having trouble getting my posts to work so thanks for the recepie and I'll post my own results in time just need to put order in for POR.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Graubart said:

Märzen

Graubster the Mountain Brewery must be back in production, that looks good for a start. 

Just for the hell of it, I know nothing about it so I looked it up, is this info correct, just wondering Herr Grabster. 🤔  Cheers anyway.

Märzen has its origins in Bavaria, probably before the 16th century. A Bavarian brewing ordinance decreed in 1553 that beer may be brewed only between 29 September (St. Michael's Day or Michaelmas) and 23 April (St. George's Day or Georgi).
Märzen was brewed in March, with more hops and slightly higher alcohol content that would allow the beer to last while the brewing of new beer was forbidden from 24 April to 28 September.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, jamiek86 said:

easy drinker lager Canadian blonde and malt tin with 86 days pils slurry 4.7% no hop flavour

20210828_173203.jpg

That looks great Jamie.  I did think that the Canadian Blonde would go very well with a lager yeast.  Lovely golden colour and very clear.  Did you do anything special to clarify it?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Popo said:

Pineapple & Coconut Philly Sour. Not too shabby at all.

IMG_20210828_211637.thumb.jpg.e5e6d25c0bd7824294563a0222d8af93.jpg

Hey Popo,  That looks amaze-balls.  Did you have the recipe elsewhere on the Forum?  How did you add the pineapple and coconut?

I have got a plain Miami Weisse coming along.  I thought about adding fruit, but chickened out.  Next time I think I will add some in.  Curious to know what other people add and how they do it.

Edited by Shamus O'Sean
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

That looks great Jamie.  I did think that the Canadian Blonde would go very well with a lager yeast.  Lovely golden colour and very clear.  Did you do anything special to clarify it?

just a 4 1/2 day cold crash I.dont add finings or gelatin or anything to any beer because use kits. 

it's a recepie I saw someone else use off coopers page was a coincidence I had the Canadian blonde tin for a hoppy ale then decided on this.

Edited by jamiek86
  • Like 3