Coopers Community

RDWHAHB - What Are You Drinking in 2021?

Hairy

6 hours ago, Titans19 said:

Hi Seamus..

I remember stumbling across a spreadsheet a while ago where I could input different extracts, sugars, hops etc and it would pump out an approximate ABV, IBU, etc.

Is this what you use? Can you share it? I did a search but couldn't find anything..

Cheers

Here you go Titans19.  Here is a link to where I last posted my version.  It is what I used to answer your question.  Cheers Shamus

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Capital Pils, after a few months in the bottle. Crikey! Still packing a punch, no mellowing-out of the alcohol. Quite malty too, still has a decent hop profile but a tad too much booze-taste for my liking. Never thought I’d say that, but there you go 🤔

53711928-8C8D-4DC9-9434-03D1EAE8B34C.jpeg

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

…and this a Duvel clone (with a bit of help from my friends @Greeny1525229836 (hope it’s the right Greeny) and @Shamus O'Sean

About six months old, quite a decent drop, the fermentation stalled but it did finish out. Quite fuller-bodied than expected  but very palatable. There is quite a fruity taste off the yeast - Wyeast 1388. Next time I’ve got an extra-light DME to try, and I’ll make a yeast starter

959DA10D-7F78-4504-8A3B-151F6B9EA9CA.jpeg

• Like 8

This beer is loosely based on a Stone & Wood Cloud Catcher Clone.

I say loosely as the LHBS told me they use Eclipse Hops in it, so have used them.

This was brewed through winter at ambient in my keg room, so sat constantly around 19 degrees, wouldn’t get away with it in summer in SE QLD.

First one off the keg, nicely carbonated, some stone fruit tones there.

Came in at a nice steady 3.8% ABV.

Nice, easy drinker this one. 

8AE83203-9A0C-4FBB-9786-1C4465159B3B.jpeg

• Like 11

Lovely 28c day in Adelaide, I am sitting outside enjoying it & thought it was worthy of opening one of my last few AUS IPA's.

Stunning, this would be at it's peak ( bottled 19th June) great hoppy bite, lingering aftertaste & a great head.

As I said before, this is next on the list as soon as I free up an FV.

Cheers

Phil

ROTM 10 09 2021.jpg

• Like 14

1 hour ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Lovely 28c day in Adelaide, I am sitting outside enjoying it & thought it was worthy of opening one of my last few AUS IPA's.

Stunning, this would be at it's peak ( bottled 19th June) great hoppy bite, lingering aftertaste & a great head.

As I said before, this is next on the list as soon as I free up an FV.

Cheers

Phil

ROTM 10 09 2021.jpg

Was this from  one of the Rotm  @Classic Brewing Co  that you sourced yourself

I love the colour  and you have a nice head on that. hope the rentention climbed down to the last mouthful for you

28 degrees C in Adelaide wow  thats starting to get to hot for me

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ozdevil said:

Was this from  one of the Rotm  @Classic Brewing Co  that you sourced yourself

I love the colour  and you have a nice head on that. hope the rentention climbed down to the last mouthful for you

28 degrees C in Adelaide wow  thats starting to get to hot for me

Cheers, Yes, I followed the recipe to a T even the grain addition & Victoria's Secret/Eclipse steep etc.  It was one of the most enjoyable beers I have made in a long time. It was the ROTM back in May I think & yes I did source it all locally & I will be doing it again soon.

• Like 2

IMG_8240.thumb.jpg.e61855640115ee65296f573bae7b838e.jpg

an unintentionally cloudy kit kilo and partial but its got a lot of flavour going on

coopers draught can, BE3, 1kg maris otter partial, nottingham yeast

30 min boil of partial in approx 5 litre, 5g magnum @30, 5g vic secret@15, 5g centenial @10, 20g vic secret/10g of columbus at 0 with a 4 day dry hop of 15g columbus/15g vic secret

tasty

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Stickers said:

IMG_8240.thumb.jpg.e61855640115ee65296f573bae7b838e.jpg

an unintentionally cloudy kit kilo and partial but its got a lot of flavour going on

coopers draught can, BE3, 1kg maris otter partial, nottingham yeast

30 min boil of partial in approx 5 litre, 5g magnum @30, 5g vic secret@15, 5g centenial @10, 20g vic secret/10g of columbus at 0 with a 4 day dry hop of 15g columbus/15g vic secret

tasty

@Stickers mate, looks pretty tasty indeed. Your bunker puts mine to shame too 🤣

1 minute ago, stquinto said:

@Stickers mate, looks pretty tasty indeed. Your bunker puts mine to shame too 🤣

i only rent this place so i'm kind of blessed to have a man cave space.. and a backyard.

now because i rent this place and to add to the overall vibe, there's a couple of old cupboards in there that i accidentally bumped open once and there's at least half a dozen what i estimate to me 10 litre glass carboys full of vintage homebrew vinegar that could be 30+ years stashed away in there 😮

• Haha 1

If I could get the hops right, this brew would be ace. Almost there- the grapefruit is there but doesn’t linger enough. Maybe in the brewery they use hop cones, maybe I’ve ruined my palate with other stuff this evening…

Nice and clear though, I might be old-fashioned but I do prefer non-hazy brews 

Landlord clone:

F3A82CB2-AD21-42CA-9896-788BD1C011E8.jpeg

• Like 10

2 minutes ago, stquinto said:

If I could get the hops right, this brew would be ace. Almost there- the grapefruit is there but doesn’t linger enough. Maybe in the brewery they use hop cones, maybe I’ve ruined my palate with other stuff this evening…

Nice and clear though, I might be old-fashioned but I do prefer non-hazy brews 

Landlord clone:

The problem with us homebrews  , we are like the runts of the litter

the big breweries  get the bulk of the best hops   and basicly when they order them they brew that day of recieving the hop

Then the smaller breweries  and they do the same  brew the day they recieve the hops as this is when they get he best out of the hops

then basicly us little home brewers  we get the crumbs of the crops and the shear fact we cant get from crop to brew with in a day to brew them

Thats what i have been told anyway

• Like 2

13 hours ago, ozdevil said:

The problem with us homebrews  , we are like the runts of the litter

the big breweries  get the bulk of the best hops   and basicly when they order them they brew that day of recieving the hop

Then the smaller breweries  and they do the same  brew the day they recieve the hops as this is when they get he best out of the hops

then basicly us little home brewers  we get the crumbs of the crops and the shear fact we cant get from crop to brew with in a day to brew them

Thats what i have been told anyway

Fair comment @ozdevil mate….

Although I had had quite a skin full at the time of tasting,  the hops were reasonably persistent. I would deffo do that recipe again, and up the hops a bit. Basically what made the brew a good, well balanced beer is that it had been in the bottle since about June. Have to have one as a first beer of the day to check my theory. Only got 5 left 😬

• Like 1

First beer of the day - Landlord clone. As happy as I was at 2am last night, which was reassuring. Somehow stayed up in the bunker listening to vinyls, with a bit of liquid refreshment 👍

Then a saison, which is becoming quite an interesting, complex beer

2930A53F-1777-4227-AD1C-2BC4517A03CF.jpeg

6DC40297-579D-49F5-B404-8552D400B77D.jpeg

• Like 9

2 hours ago, stquinto said:

First beer of the day - Landlord clone. As happy as I was at 2am last night, which was reassuring. Somehow stayed up in the bunker listening to vinyls, with a bit of liquid refreshment 👍

Then a saison, which is becoming quite an interesting, complex beer

AKA " Hair of the Dog "  El Squinto !!

hair-of-the-dog.png

Edited by Classic Brewing Co
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3