Coopers Community

RDWHAHB - What Are You Drinking in 2021?

Hairy

Today’s “apéritif” include an Ashes Ale, followed by a Coopers Celebration Ale, can’t remember which one. That for me is more of an after-dinner beer, bit hey, I’d already opened it - what was I supposed to do, chuck it?

94BFD442-E4F7-45D3-A0D6-293729613E48.jpeg

71C8907F-43CB-420A-9D67-E6092AC8B260.jpeg

68885EA1-BD58-4E55-8722-2A2759F3FF84.jpeg

E43419BA-753E-48EA-ABFD-C4B6DB5B7BA6.jpeg

• Like 8

13 hours ago, stquinto said:

Today’s “apéritif” include an Ashes Ale, followed by a Coopers Celebration Ale, can’t remember which one. That for me is more of an after-dinner beer, bit hey, I’d already opened it - what was I supposed to do, chuck it?

Nice looking beers @stquinto  especially in the Pilsner glasses !! I am guessing it is Summer where you are by the look of the blue sky.

Prost.

• Like 1

Euro lager with carapils wasn't even supposed to be drinking this tonight went to albury to take old girl out for her birthday was booked in for tea. Found out from someone passing by on phone NSW lockdown at 5pm f me couldn't at least wait until midnight or tomorrow night half way through weekend. club was closed so take away bucket of KFC and keg beer at home it is. 

20210814_172806.jpg

• Like 7
  • Haha 3

First time I have used my 1 micron beer filter.  Its been sitting around here for months and I finally worked out how I can get the left over beer out of the filter and into some stubbies and not oxidize them rather than wasting it.  Anyway I will be using this filter every time from now on when I keg my beers from the two pressure fermenter's I now have.  The pic is my True Blue Pale Ale which I used as a test from the Fermzilla into the keg via the filter.

Gotta say I am impressed.  The True Blue Pale Ale was only cold crashed for a couple of days at 2 C and no finings were added at all (except kettle finings at end of boil) and 30" after kegging you can pour an extremely clear glass of beer.  Normally I would have to wait 4 weeks for this recipe to clear up.  This one only has a slight carbonation so may take some time to get there as I am going to slow carb this one as well rather than fast carb as I have plenty of other beers on tap so no need.

Bugger all clean up to of the filter and its gear so its a win win for me.  Also its a very inexpensive bit of kit so all you pressure brewer's out there should have a look at getting one of these.

True Blue Pale Ale filtered into keg - resized.jpg

Edited by iBooz2
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Knocked the top off my latest efforts in saison territory.  Gee whiz she’s a cracker. Carbonated out the Wahzoo .Microscopic bubbles, spice, decent yeast character and super dry with some lingering funk and acidity. Few minor adjustments for next time but I am pretty happy with this one. Super simple beer but really delivers.

9626109D-772E-45D6-B2FE-0E24FFB0815A.jpeg

• Like 11

8 minutes ago, MitchBastard said:

Knocked the top off my latest efforts in saison territory.  Gee whiz she’s a cracker. Carbonated out the Wahzoo .Microscopic bubbles, spice, decent yeast character and super dry with some lingering funk and acidity. Few minor adjustments for next time but I am pretty happy with this one. Super simple beer but really delivers.

Looks awesome @MitchBastard I am wondering how you seal the Champagne bottles ?

• Like 1

I have been toiling in the front courtyard raking up leaves, sweeping, all that sort of stuff &I felt a beer coming along, thought I would start with a bitter & then move down the line.

Definitely looking forward to Summer as we are starting to get a taste of it today, a whooping 18 degrees !! Bring on the BBQ & sit outdoors weather.

bitter 1.jpg

• Like 7

3 hours ago, CLASSIC said:

I have been toiling in the front courtyard raking up leaves, sweeping, all that sort of stuff &I felt a beer coming along, thought I would start with a bitter & then move down the line.

Definitely looking forward to Summer as we are starting to get a taste of it today, a whooping 18 degrees !! Bring on the BBQ & sit outdoors weather.

bitter 1.jpg

Nice looking brew there Phil. Nice size coaster as well!

Enjoy, nothing like a hard earned thirst 🍻👍

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Tone boy said:

Nice looking brew there Phil. Nice size coaster as well!

Enjoy, nothing like a hard earned thirst 🍻👍

Hey TB, that is one of the weights discs holding the tarp down on the outside bar at Phil's Bar & Grill. When the bloody rain & cold weather knick off we can enjoy outdoor living. Cheers.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Green Blob said:

@MitchBastard I'm sure you would appreciate this one...

Berliner.... wifey called it Belinda Bun...

PXL_20210815_072828215.thumb.jpg.ffd3c2fc51c7bf6a7d69055510f37efd.jpg

like the looks  of the beer   and  like the whirlpool of co2 at bottom of glass but its telling there is to much over carbonation
i am glad to be wrong here 😂🤣😂

i love seeing the co2 do that at the bottom 

• Like 1

On 8/15/2021 at 2:43 PM, Green Blob said:

Looking forward to it warming up a bit more here and I'll be onto them. What yeast?

Hey blobster. From memory it’s WLP568. I think it’s the blend of the DuPont strain and something else to help avoid the lag you get from just the DuPont strain. 

i actually fermented this one fairly cool. Kept it at 20 degrees most of the ferment until I bumped it to 24 with the help of a hot water bottle in the ferment chamber. 

Commiserating an extended lockdown with an early doors arvo IPA. This was meant to be a hazy but turned out a lot darker, sweeter and more malty than expected. Was my first effort with the lallemand verdant yeast and was mildly disappointing…a decent ale but not what I wanted…

9441DAB9-E2CD-4B2D-8FB6-341B5A72AD3B.jpeg

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, RDW said:

Commiserating an extended lockdown with an early doors arvo IPA. This was meant to be a hazy but turned out a lot darker, sweeter and more malty than expected. Was my first effort with the lallemand verdant yeast and was mildly disappointing…a decent ale but not what I wanted…

Well mate, it still looks nice, everything has worked - I bet you won't be pouring it down the sink anytime soon 😬

1 hour ago, RDW said:

9441DAB9-E2CD-4B2D-8FB6-341B5A72AD3B.jpeg

I also did a brew a ipa with verdant ipa yeast and mine was too sweet as well 😂