Coopers Community

RDWHAHB - What Are You Drinking in 2021?

Hairy

15 hours ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

Hey Popo,  That looks amaze-balls.  Did you have the recipe elsewhere on the Forum?  How did you add the pineapple and coconut?

I have got a plain Miami Weisse coming along.  I thought about adding fruit, but chickened out.  Next time I think I will add some in.  Curious to know what other people add and how they do it.

Hey Shamus,

Yeah, it turned out pretty well. It's as I hoped it would turn out which is all you can ask for. I was a bit worried when I added the coconut and pineapple. Was less than elegantly done. 

I think the recipe is here somewhere in the brewday thread. It was just 50/50 Pale and Wheat Malt with a tiny bit of Magnum to get it to 4 IBUs. Was meant to be around 3-4% but I ended up way overshooting and got 5ish%. 50g per litre of toasted coconut flakes and 100g per litre of crushed pineapple.

I can not claim the recipe though. This post over on another forum has all the info. 

I did not contain it at all. If doing again, I would probably try to somehow. The coconut doesn't really settle out. I've got a floating dip tube but it still clogged up and even after clearing it out, I left a few litres in the fermenter. Just couldn't pick it up.

• Like 2

TOP Clone attempt on Nitro            (nitro cos me co2 is v low and covcarrp is not making movements easy)

(shoulda put dark grains in earlier is a bit light on darkness 🏴‍☠️ but kicksssss arrrrrrrrrse at a paltry 7.6% ABV)

Verrrrrrrrry more-ish yeeeehaaa 🥳

image.thumb.png.a622af88c01fdd925f687fc31614bd41.png

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

This is the first decent day in Adelaide for a while we hit 20c not exactly a heat wave but I threw the cover off the outside bar, just realised it's still on the BBQ, unfortunately living just 5km from the sea the breeze will kick in shortly & I will have to go back inside 🥶 I seriously cannot wait for the Summer, Spring will be nice but we still get cold nights. I suppose some of you QLD folk are walking around in shorts. 🍹

Blonde Dry.jpg

Blonde Dry.jpg 2.jpg

• Like 7

Got a keg filled for a friend. A hazy such n such. It’s a great beer. I’m happy with it. Gunna rip off a bottles worth and submit it to the QABC this week. See how it fairs on a judging panel. All the usuals…..citra, mosaic and vic secret. Dry hopped out the wahzoo. Wheat flakes, oats etc etc.

C341EDC2-B4C3-4B09-89C2-6BA211139C7E.jpeg

• Like 15

23 hours ago, MitchBastard said:

Got a keg filled for a friend. A hazy such n such. It’s a great beer. I’m happy with it. Gunna rip off a bottles worth and submit it to the QABC this week. See how it fairs on a judging panel. All the usuals…..citra, mosaic and vic secret. Dry hopped out the wahzoo. Wheat flakes, oats etc etc.

C341EDC2-B4C3-4B09-89C2-6BA211139C7E.jpeg

Looks a great brew mate, best of luck cheers 🍻👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Graubart said:

Mitchie do you hop sock the Dry Hop or use SS tube or go Commando n then crash to remove floaties/particulates?

Full blown commando m8. At 13g a liter in this batch I had a 2inch thick green cake on the beer. Only lost 3L to absorption too 😂😂

It drops straight out though as soon as the temp changes a few degrees and makes way for the floating dip tube .

• Like 2

Hefe Wheat

Light Malt extract

250g light crystal malt steeped

1kg BE3

Amarillo, Galaxy and Enigma - in boil and dry hopped

Voss Kviek yeast

Brewed under stairs at around 30°, and due to the high activity there was a lot of bubbling so my wife has named it Polyjuice Potion.

Hydrometer says it Should be 8.8%, however I'm not confident in the OG reading.. I think it should be closer to 6.5%.

Very "juicey" is probably best way to describe. It's pretty good.

received_529371968155769.jpeg

• Like 16

Finally brewed and tasted the Coopers Hazy IPA ROTM pack. Fantastic!

Very happy with the outcome especially first time using the CCA yeast. (I failed at washing it - did have Jars and tried to use bottles. Oh well will just have to drink some more Coopers PA to get some more CCA 🙂 )

Would post a photo, but about 4 pints deep - and strangly they all seem a little blurry at the moment. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2