Coopers Community

RDWHAHB - What Are You Drinking in 2020?

BlackSands

I found three beers in a box that I thought was full of empties.

This is my Evil Twin clone from around two years ago. It has held up fairly well, a little oxidised but it kind of suits the style.

313D55E7-7AFD-471A-983C-56954FF1C130.thumb.jpeg.cb08ab29a2ddb63a57ae5fc111280a9b.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Haha 2

Soraci Ace Saison brewed around two years ago. The hops have disappeared but this is still a tasty beer. Not oxidised and really drinkable.

The 8% ABV probably helped with the long term storage.

2623E1D0-1B9B-42AE-A7E8-8FB216A19C1B.thumb.jpeg.c6e7c04c315297790e70b0f9f61f9ddc.jpeg

• Like 11

CIPA - Cascade IPA

90% coopers ale

10% gladfield crystal

Bravo bittering

300g V20 Cascade hop flowers whirlpool - picked fresh then dried for 48hrs and straight into kettle.

By far my favourite home grown hop we have. Damn tasty

20200808_171617.jpg

• Like 12

3 hours ago, Maurice79 said:

CIPA - Cascade IPA

90% coopers ale

10% gladfield crystal

Bravo bittering

300g V20 Cascade hop flowers whirlpool - picked fresh then dried for 48hrs and straight into kettle.

By far my favourite home grown hop we have. Damn tasty

20200808_171617.jpg

Very impressive 

• Like 3

Having the first taste of my pressure fermented Perle Lager (60gm Perle at FO x 20 min stand). It is interesting. Not noticing any of the soft fruit (apricot, plum, canteloupe) flavours the fellas on Basic Brewing radio mentioned but is does taste different than my other lagers, which I can't describe. I am not over the moon about it, but it is okay. 

In spite of being fermented with Coopers ale/lager blend, this tastes like a lager, with a slight sulphur-y note. I suspect the higher PSI used this time (15PSI vs my previous 8PSI) might be responsible. 

Still a little cloudy. Just added the gelatine yesterday. 

Cheers,

Christina.

• Like 7

Last of the old bonus beers I found. A pale ale according to the the marking on the lid and probably 1.5 to 2 years old.

A little bland now as the hops have died off but not as bad as I expected. Not oxidised and structurally sound.

I’m happy that my brewing/sanitation practices appear to be solid.

71AF6449-3C56-4511-8527-B5DD5F0E6505.thumb.jpeg.c1856b2872286df2a243a73672f8342d.jpeg

• Like 10

3 minutes ago, Ben 10 said:

Barley wine..... Holy fuggggg

In the order of 10%. 80+ IBU. Well nice, bitter, slight sweetness. If I could age beers this would be one to age

00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200809193406236_COVER.thumb.jpg.87cf92ec167f2fa3229d50d8d7f17995.jpg

Looks yum. Some nice aged cheddar to go with that. 

• Like 2

Enjoying  my second attempt at partial mash / Coopers can ESB.

Maris Otter and Caramunich II, has some EKG and Fuggles in late (not strictly to style but whatever)

Nice Turkish Delight flavours and aromas, with a bit of chocolate orange (dry hopped a smidge of Cascade as well).

Nice winter warmer at 6.2%

Cheers

James

DCB65713-8F9B-4A1B-82CA-734E0BCFFAC3.jpeg

• Like 9

Proud day for me....first AG on the pour from the keg.

1st-AG-Brew_10-8-20.jpg

Being my first AG, I didn't overdo the hops as I wanted to taste the freshly malted grain flavour.

Lovely compact head, nice light grainy flavour & hopping notes, good balanced bitterness, nice bead, nice vibrant colour, lacing that licks the glass right to the bottom.

Maybe I should have done this AG thing earlier. 😂

I still have quite a number of areas I can definitely improve on, but overall I'm pretty stoked with this first brew.

Cheers & good brewing,

Lusty.

• Like 12

9 hours ago, James Lao said:

Enjoying  my second attempt at partial mash / Coopers can ESB.

Maris Otter and Caramunich II, has some EKG and Fuggles in late (not strictly to style but whatever)

Nice Turkish Delight flavours and aromas, with a bit of chocolate orange (dry hopped a smidge of Cascade as well).

Nice winter warmer at 6.2%

Cheers

James

DCB65713-8F9B-4A1B-82CA-734E0BCFFAC3.jpeg

I'm really enjoying my partial mashing at the moment. There's no doubt in my mind it's leading me down the road to all grain.

40 minutes ago, Beerlust said:

Proud day for me....first AG on the pour from the keg.

1st-AG-Brew_10-8-20.jpg

Being my first AG, I didn't overdo the hops as I wanted to taste the freshly malted grain flavour.

Lovely compact head, nice light grainy flavour & hopping notes, good balanced bitterness, nice bead, nice vibrant colour, lacing that licks the glass right to the bottom.

Maybe I should have done this AG thing earlier. 😂

I still have quite a number of areas I can definitely improve on, but overall I'm pretty stoked with this first brew.

Cheers & good brewing,

Lusty.

Lervuly!!!

• Thanks 1