Coopers Community

RDWHAHB - What Are You Drinking in 2020?

BlackSands

3 hours ago, The Captain!! said:

Rye Pale, 5.6%, Citra, Amarillo, Simcoe and Nelson. 
So freaking good

I'm really liking that mix! Get the balances right &..... 😎

Very envious of what is in that glass right now. Great stuff mate! 🙂

Lusty.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, NewBrews said:

Carbed at 40psi for 18 hours then been on 10psi for the last 24.

Am I right in saying - u r fairly new in the kegging game NB?  Vaguely from memory?  Just interesting re the Carbing regime ha ha?!  As I am still trying to tune my regime up a bit.

Mmmm happy to be advised I am on the wrong thread ha ha 😎

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bearded Burbler said:

Am I right in saying - u r fairly new in the kegging game NB?  Vaguely from memory?  Just interesting re the Carbing regime ha ha?!  As I am still trying to tune my regime up a bit.

Mmmm happy to be advised I am on the wrong thread ha ha 😎

2nd full keg ever, first one I plugged it in and left it at 12 psi for a few days and had one or two, but after a week it was a bit on the high side and running a bit fast. Head like a Belgian Tripel!

So after reading many, many posts both here and elsewhere, and being really impatient to try this beer, I thought I’d give fast carbing a go. I’m of the school to read about by all means, but learn best by getting in and having a crack.

The pour today was much slower but had great head and good carbonation throughout, but I think it could do with another couple of days to really let it come into its own.

Running 5mm ID line throughout, so have 3m going to each of the picnic taps, based on Lusty’s excellent link on balancing lines. 

Seems to going ok so far.

• Like 3

My “Wet Brain NEIPA”
Very happy with this beer.  Super soft water profile.
Pilsner wheat and oats.

Mosaic, citra and Vic secret. 

ospaug Kviek.

5.3% ABV

it was worth the shit show getting it into the keg. 

Oh and it looks the part.

99297893-EFEA-42D1-9463-5BD6926E1BCF.jpeg

• Like 16

4 hours ago, MitchBastard said:

My “Wet Brain NEIPA”
Very happy with this beer.  Super soft water profile.
Pilsner wheat and oats.

Mosaic, citra and Vic secret. 

ospaug Kviek.

5.3% ABV

it was worth the shit show getting it into the keg. 

Oh and it looks the part.

99297893-EFEA-42D1-9463-5BD6926E1BCF.jpeg

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Looks bloody beautiful 😍

• Haha 1

Sneak Preview on the Ol' 55 Amber Ale.  Don't try to drink too much during the week... but this was purely for quality and training purposes only : )

Still in the process of carbing up but the first tastings are indicating YUMMMMMMMMO!?! 😜

image.thumb.png.aa79b538b9b1ee96f9567e5fe45038a4.png

• Like 10

3 minutes ago, Lettucegrove said:

Good work @Pale Man. Not only have you brewed a ripper beer but you have made it through another gruelling night shift. Enjoy matey.

Thanks fella. I am truely knackered. I'll finish this glass and have a grandpa nap. Then up around 2pm to embark on my mini mash. 

Coopers Dark Ale tin with liquid light malt, dex and cinnamon. Carbonation good but a distinct lack of head and it vanished very quickly. Tastes good and there's a definite warmth the cinnamon adds but I don't think I'll bother with cinnamon again if it's at the expense of head and lacings.

IMG20200710171757.jpg

• Like 5

3 hours ago, MUZZY said:

Coopers Dark Ale tin with liquid light malt, dex and cinnamon. Carbonation good but a distinct lack of head and it vanished very quickly. Tastes good and there's a definite warmth the cinnamon adds but I don't think I'll bother with cinnamon again if it's at the expense of head and lacings.

IMG20200710171757.jpg

First bottle may have been an aberration. Second bottle delivered foam and lacings. 🙂

IMG20200710175052.jpg

• Like 7
  • Haha 1