Coopers Community

RDWHAHB - What Are You Drinking in 2020?

BlackSands

15 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

Now i need a beer after that inspiring post

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh Ha Ha Ha that is FESTIVE PM!?!

I sliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiightly overdid it last night on the freshly done Stouty Schwarzbier, the pale Nitro, Altbier, cloudy Pils and IPA on a bit of a "Brewery Tour" so am happy on the coffee and water at the moment Ha Ha!?

Getting special visit next weekend so just hadda make sure everything was in place and in good shape Woohoo!?

Should have all of the above AG beauties plus a lovely new Amber Ale by then so Burbler Mountain Brewing should have a nice deck of brews on offer!!?!!

Is pretty messy and with profound apologies to my Gas and Kegging Mentor @Red devil 44 Red but still does produce good beer:

image.png.4303aa15a5ec1ec5e552ae8c3d9e53e8.png

Edited by Bearded Burbler
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

It's a cold grey Winter's evening and I'm giving this under-carb'd English bitter another try, this time after a few days in the hot water closet.  It's helped quite a bit and the carb level is now much better than it was but I still feel it has a way to go yet.  5 weeks so far!   🙄

SC-OrdBitter-1.jpg

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Hairy said:

ESB

A8ABE0EF-0A73-4EE3-B952-5E3C2F45BB65.thumb.jpeg.32023d7ae58ca6e6cdafa0bc90863ce9.jpeg

Looks a little light on colour typically for the style Hairy. Any reason on this one, or something specific you were aiming for? Similar colour as on the Badger ales like the "Fursty Ferret" from those I've seen in this vein.

Just an observation, not a knock.

Lusty.

7 minutes ago, Beerlust said:

Looks a little light on colour typically for the style Hairy. Any reason on this one, or something specific you were aiming for? Similar colour as on the Badger ales like the "Fursty Ferret" from those I've seen in this vein.

Lusty.

All good. The colour for the ESB is quite a large range. My standard ESB is usually of the darker variety and probably darker than the style guidelines suggest.

The guidelines state an ESB should be within SRM 6-18. Mine sits at around 9.

I made it at the lighter end because of the ingredients I had on hand and wanted to use up.

• Like 2

SN-TorpedoIPA_3-5MonthsOn.jpg

Nothing much to look at in the glass, but packs a wallop of flavour. Sierra Nevada Torpedo IPA clone from the bottle @ 7.0-7.2% ABV. Subbed the Magnum additions for Bravo & Citra from the original listed recipe. A better beer IMHO because of it.

3½ months aged. For those that complain of lack of hop character when ageing, this beer lacks nothing at this point & is very hop forward. Absolutely delicious being still aromatic & has dropped away almost un-noticeably from the keg poured version of the same brew when on the pour much earlier.

Cheers & good brewing,

Lusty.

• Like 12

51 minutes ago, The Captain!! said:

Is it? I would have thought on the lighter side but still in style?

53 minutes ago, Beerlust said:

...Similar colour as on the Badger ales like the "Fursty Ferret" from those I've seen in this vein.

You ignored the other part.

3 hours ago, Hairy said:

Also, Style Guidelines are for pussys!!!

Seriously................WOTSA BJCP Style Guideline...........

it's just a classification system....  some of us are free brewing spirits!

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Bearded Burbler said:

Seriously................WOTSA BJCP Style Guideline...........

it's just a classification system....  some of us are free brewing spirits!

I only brew beer BB, haven't tried spirits.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Beerlust said:

...Sierra Nevada Torpedo IPA clone from the bottle @ 7.0-7.2% ABV. Subbed the Magnum additions for Bravo & Citra from the original listed recipe...

Citra is already in the recipe, I meant Bravo & Warrior as the subs for Magnum. 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 1