Coopers Community

RDWHAHB - What Are You Drinking in 2020?

BlackSands

Just now, Ben 10 said:

Looks superb

Cheers Mate. It was very murky the first 2 days and I was worried that the munich I tossed in might make it a dark soupy beer but yeah it came right.

It is about 6% and I can feel that glass 😥. I need water and a snack. But I wasn't picking up any alcohol notes, but it isn't a huge brew for some, but for me, it isn't a session ale.

• Like 1

Cramshaft IPA fresh from 1 week in the keg.

Tropical fruits, citrus and sweet aroma reminiscent of a summer pavlova.

First taste, big round fruit bomb in the mouth, like a upmarket fruit cup. Lots of tropical fruits, background citrus and pine. Great malty balance with a nice full mouthfeel although not overbearing.

Very much like it’s clone donor and a generally great beer all round.

I’ve not been a big IPA drinker before, but this could definitely convert me, and I think this recipe will be rotation sometime in the summer.

969A2A36-F468-485E-BF0D-21BD1BD6A7BB.jpeg

7AA98928-54E9-48CE-9A6E-7D3DCE4BCA89.jpeg

• Like 4

Rye of the tiger. So after over a week in the keg the yeast and hop debris has cleared nicely. Taste is great and the spicey notes have subsided. Its still spicey but more refined. Colour is fantastic. Most definitely a toucan i would do again.

20200801_112331.jpg

• Like 6

At 13 days second carb, my 7.8% Apa extra (1/2 malt extract can, 1/2 be2 box) in an 11ltr batch has come up trumps.... carbonation has set in and it will only improve with time this one..... really yummy drop, galaxy dry hopped has given it a subtle fruity hint.

IMG_5368.JPG

Edited by Goldcoast Crow
More info
  • Like 3

Woohoo am finally back on our Coops Site again after the website trouble blocked me out for maybe a cuppla weeks... good to be back... and some nice updates to be shared... the first... the festive Altbier - in sensssational Salvos scored Spiegel straight glasses very close to an Altbier glass (which should have straight thin walls).  Fortunately had some Altbier left to try the new second-hand glasses out ; ).   My accomplice was very happy with the brew!

image.thumb.png.d50c376adf1e120e7e61bc6a78814afa.png

Edited by Bearded Burbler
  • Like 7

16 hours ago, kmar92 said:

What happened BB? I noted your absence.

Hey there Mate!  Appreciate your concern cobber given these troublesome times.

Yeah there was for some of us a major website failure which meant we were shut right out... could see that others were still active... but could not read nor reply...  or maybe they thought some of us SHOULD be shut out and fortunately we were brought back by popular demand ha ha?!  Am pretty happy it's all up and working again.

In the meantime have been fairly busy (on annual leave) so will post a few more pics of things as soon as I can ; )

Burbler Brewing, Baking and Butchery has been BBBBBB-BUSY ha ha Woohoo!

• Like 3

Burbler Brewing's latest kegged AG addition from the new pressure cooker method - something of a Märzenbier - W34/70 brewed at 12-15PSI at 22 degC... BoPils and Munich... HTau and Perle... tasting great as a fresh brew... 

image.thumb.png.33e5af13a91f9483d7dc90fb39c2714d.png

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Ocean's of Ale- said:

Just finished bottling a dark ale, I only wish there was a quick & clever way to age them 6 months in the space of a week. I need to meet doc from back to the future or something.. 

20200804_135000.jpg

You need the remote from the movie "Click" with Adam Sandler

• Haha 2

West Coast Pale Ale freshly Kegged

Pale malt

light crystal

a sprinkle of munich

columbus,centennial,cascade in the kettle.

45 ibus

US05

simcoe Dry hop. 

I thought I’d get a lot more simcoe coming through and was hoping for a bit more pine/resin. I think the citrus tinge of centennial is shinning over all of that at the moment. it. Not too bad though.

D7B4FF3D-E77F-445A-A9DF-0F3D771B2719.jpeg

Edited by MitchBastard
  • Like 9

Toucan stout bottled 19/9/19, enhancer 3 instead of dex 'cause there was a Dan deal going.
This the last of my  eight batches from 2019, much tamer than the others.
Looking at my spreadsheet this was the only batch I used trub, and I no doubt overpitched.
I like it, I'm thinking the difference is the trub v 2 sachets of yeast not enhancer 3 v dex.

Edited by Marvin
  • Like 1

So now being locked in, locked down, locked up, again in the big Melbourne "Chook Pen" thanks due to a lot of/many, many don't care DH's here in VIC I have been sipping on this Cooper's recipe Pacific Summer Ale even though we are in the middle of winter.  This keg is nearly empty but have got another batch nearing the end of cold crash so it will not be long.  Got the gas heating turned up in-house and dreaming of a beach somewhere up in far north Queensland (where they would probably shoot me as a foreigner from VIC at the moment) but hey we can dream and drink yeah!

Before pic and after pic.

Cheers guys and stay safe. - AL

Pacific Summer Ale 01Aug2020 resized.jpg

Pacific Summer Ale #3  01Aug2020.JPG

• Like 8