Coopers Community

RDWHAHB - What Are You Drinking in 2020?

BlackSands

This Munich Helles travelled quite well - had been filtered - and came up nicely on ice - full bodied - creamy texture - Saazy Hoppage.... very süffig ; )   

(süffig ~ slurpable haha)

image.thumb.png.68f8576a5183289d79c0cac389b7507c.png

Edited by Graubart
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Graubart said:

This Munich Helles travelled quite well - had been filtered - and came up nicely on ice - full bodied - creamy texture - Saazy Hoppage.... very süffig ; )   

(süffig ~ slurpable haha)

image.thumb.png.68f8576a5183289d79c0cac389b7507c.png

Ice in beer!!!! First BB changes his name now he's putting ice in his beer.

He's gawn mad I tell ya.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Pale Man said:

Ice in beer!!!!

Mmmm come on now PM...  I had to travel with my kegs... hence 'other world photos' and the final destination had limited fridge room for my 5 AG kegs so only a cuppla little kegs could be put in fridge there...none of the biggies... so OTW I bought a 35L Food Grade Storage Barrell from Bunner which I can re-use to store grain in... and we filled it with ice to keep the kegs cold... under a few sleeping bags...hence the beer "on ice" concept...  I don't think I said "with ice" did I Cobber @Pale Man....  besides how would one get a lovely creamy top with such great head and head retention if filling the buggggger with ice mate?  Maybe it's not me that's "gawn mad" after all? 😜

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Graubart said:

Mmmm come on now PM...  I had to travel with my kegs... hence 'other world photos' and the final destination had limited fridge room for my 5 AG kegs so only a cuppla little kegs could be put in fridge there...none of the biggies... so OTW I bought a 35L Food Grade Storage Barrell from Bunner which I can re-use to store grain in... and we filled it with ice to keep the kegs cold... under a few sleeping bags...hence the beer "on ice" concept...  I don't think I said "with ice" did I Cobber @Pale Man....  besides how would one get a lovely creamy top with such great head and head retention if filling the buggggger with ice mate?  Maybe it's not me that's "gawn mad" after all? 😜

Ah ok. You had me worried for a bit there 😆

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/22/2020 at 8:07 AM, MUZZY said:

Following up on this beer. I had a few on the weekend and shared it with friends. The feedback was all positive, which surprised me to be honest.
It's now had 4 weeks in the bottle and the improvement in the beer was quite evident.
I could detect more of the citrus/fruity flavour that I was told coriander would bring. So even though I probably didn't add the coriander in the correct manner it still added the characteristic I was hoping it would. My thanks go to @Waynealford for getting me on to coriander. I'll definitely be using it more in the future.

Another follow up on this experiment. I may have spoken too soon. This beer has now been in the bottle for almost two months. It's still quite drinkable (for me) but I'm now detecting a slight after taste. I don't know why it would have this but I'm going to blame the fact I used coriander foliage and not just seeds. I'll probably try coriander seeds again in APA but I thought I should let people know the foliage is probably not the way to go.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, MUZZY said:

Another follow up on this experiment. I may have spoken too soon. This beer has now been in the bottle for almost two months. It's still quite drinkable (for me) but I'm now detecting a slight after taste. I don't know why it would have this but I'm going to blame the fact I used coriander foliage and not just seeds. I'll probably try coriander seeds again in APA but I thought I should let people know the foliage is probably not the way to go.

The head formation, retention and mouth feel is excellent on this beer. Just a shame about that aftertaste.

IMG20210116145502.jpg

IMG20210116151728.jpg

• Like 2