Coopers Community

RDWHAHB - What Are You Drinking in 2020?

BlackSands

Sampled Sparkling Ale 2 last night. No pics as I'm a bit underwhelmed with the result. Compared to SA No 1 at the same time in bottle batch 2 is pretty flat and too sweet. I thought I had this problem of 2nd carbonation sorted by using the spa tub's constant temp rather than ambient conditions. There must be another factor I'm missing

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Pale Man said:

Just finished nightshifts so a couple of brekky beers. Coopers Pale Ale. Tastes strange in comparison to my MJ. Almost a rubbery taste.

I think I know the taste you mean - I describe it as bubblegum. Usually gone by 2nd mouthful. 😄

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Pale Man said:

Mangrove Jack Juicy Session IPA. Very tasty

Nice work PM - nice work!  Nice bottle, nice glass, nice looking and by the sound of it - tasting - brew.  Good stuff.

I reckon you can see the effect of additional liquid malt in the head structure of that beer... maybe I am dreamin' - but looks like a nice creamy top that comes with KnK extra liquid malt, partial aduncts or full bodied AG brew...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Goldcoast Crow said:

My Coopers Real Ale, it came out a lot more amber than expected, but still tastes good.

Haven't done one for many years - but my memory of them were that they were quite dark-amberish colour.... and always tasty.... glad it has turned out nice for you GCC...Cheers and good brewing for the future brews mate!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Bearded Burbler said:

Haven't done one for many years - but my memory of them were that they were quite dark-amberish colour.... and always tasty.... glad it has turned out nice for you GCC...Cheers and good brewing for the future brews mate!

Cheers, I'm learning with this last batch that time and patience adds flavour and head... I am starting to get into my real ale and draught at about 20stubbs left each, so it's time to start a fresh batch, it's been nearly 2 months since my last brew was in the fv, so it is almost go time😜

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Goldcoast Crow said:

Cheers, I'm learning with this last batch that time and patience adds flavour and head... I am starting to get into my real ale and draught at about 20stubbs left each, so it's time to start a fresh batch, it's been nearly 2 months since my last brew was in the fv, so it is almost go time😜

And don't be afraid of trying some liquid malt to add to your Kit Concentrate if the opportunity arises.... unless u r doing so already of course...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Bearded Burbler said:

And don't be afraid of trying some liquid malt to add to your Kit Concentrate if the opportunity arises.... unless u r doing so already of course...

BB you must dream about liquid malt in your sleep 😴 🤣

‘Only joking mate, great stuff, all K & K brewers should gravitate toward this, makes a difference 🍺

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Red devil 44 said:

BB you must dream about liquid malt in your sleep

Oooh no Red... you should know better... I only dream of freshly milled grain and great steaming stainless steel vats of beautiful mash ha ha!👨‍🍳

17 hours ago, Bearded Burbler said:

Yep that's part of the next line or batches.... some LME and some BE to suit.... maybe a Pale Ale and another Amber style

11 hours ago, Pale Man said:

Where's mine.

• Like 1

2nd beer out of the keg for a centennial pale ale made with new world strong. 1st last night was a bit cloudy. Quite a nice beer. Can't make a bad beer with centennial IMO. Have its brother in the other keg. Same recipe just a dry hop of mosaic instead of centennial and CCA yeast instead of new world. Give that a whirl after this one.

15931514673401024150469748331010.jpg

• Like 7