Coopers Community

RDWHAHB - What Are You Drinking in 2020?

BlackSands

I don't think I have posted this yet. This is a reproduction of the 1917 Reschs Pilsner from "Bronzed Brews". This is a seriously good lager. It was brewed under pressure with W34/70.  The brew reached FG on the 6th of June and kegged after 3 days of cold crashing. So been in keg 17 days.  This is as good as any lager I have made and one seriously good beer.  Hops were Cluster and Saaz.  Think I have found my go to summer lager.  Highly recommend it.  Only issue, it came in a bit stronger than I like at 5.4% ABV so my next attempt will be a scaled back version trying to hit 4-4.2%.  

20200626_194451.jpg

• Like 13

25 minutes ago, MartyG1525230263 said:

I don't think I have posted this yet. This is a reproduction of the 1917 Reschs Pilsner from "Bronzed Brews". This is a seriously good lager. It was brewed under pressure with W34/70.  The brew reached FG on the 6th of June and kegged after 3 days of cold crashing. So been in keg 17 days.  This is as good as any lager I have made and one seriously good beer.  Hops were Cluster and Saaz.  Think I have found my go to summer lager.  Highly recommend it.  Only issue, it came in a bit stronger than I like at 5.4% ABV so my next attempt will be a scaled back version trying to hit 4-4.2%.  

20200626_194451.jpg

Got the recipe handy?

3 minutes ago, Lettucegrove said:

Got the recipe handy?

Think it may be in the "Brew Day thread"  but if you cant find it send me a message and I will give it to you.  Got my dates a bit mixed up it was brewed on the 9th of June.  Anyway have a search and if it is not there message me. 

An NZ influenced English Ordinary Bitter - featuring Southern Cross hops.   This one's really struggling to carbonate.  Nearly 4 weeks in the bottle now and it's still not done.  It's pretty cool over night here now but still shouldn't be too cold for Nottingham yeast.   However, the beer went into the bottles looking extremely clear - and I can see there's and an obvious lack of sediment forming in the bottles so I suspect low levels of yeast are the main reason for the very slow carbonation.  And, having said that, compared to a typical English cask ale... it's already way too fizzy!  😄

SouthernCross_OB-1.jpg

• Like 6

Having a Mosaic IPA. Copied the recipe from the top of pirate life mosaic IPA can. Pale malt and carapils. 

There is no difference that I can find between this and the commercial which is one of my favourite beers

This was my first beer I did a yeast starter, water treatment , pressurised fermentation and also an enclosed transfer to the keg. 

For someone who was gifted a Cooper's diy kit two and a bit years ago , I'm loving how far this journey has taken me and thanks largely to the epic folk on here who are filled with knowledge and always take the time to answer and help 

Cheers all

IMG20200627153346.jpg

IMG20200620101433.jpg

IMG20200620101157.jpg

IMG20200609211322.jpg

IMG20200606142636.jpg

• Like 11

14 minutes ago, PaddyBrew2 said:

Haha. I've actually never found that with their beers to be fair. 

I use to get the 500ml Mosaic cans regularly a few years back, a cracking beer. Haven't tried the new 375ml cans since the takeover though. 

3 hours ago, PaddyBrew2 said:

This was my first beer I did a yeast starter, water treatment , pressurised fermentation and also an enclosed transfer to the keg. 

Mate Paddy you are leading the way ha ha!!!

Edited by Bearded Burbler
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, MartyG1525230263 said:

You do a great job with clarity.  All your beers seem to be picture perfect. 

The Photoshop app on my phone has a correction or adjustment called clarity. If I turn it all the way up it makes a cloudy beer look clear. He's probably just sneakily doing that and making us all think the clarity is fantastic every time 😜🤣

• Haha 3