Coopers Community

RDWHAHB - What Are You Drinking in 2020?

BlackSands

On 8/24/2020 at 10:40 AM, Otto Von Blotto said:

but did put isinglass in it a few days before it was kegged

I reckon my small interaction with fish guts is that it is the biz Kelsey!  Lovely looking brew mate!

Edited by Bearded Burbler
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Otto Von Blotto said:

Yeah it turned out pretty well that one. They usually don't clear that much with just isinglass. 

I did a lovely strong Lager with it a while back and it cleared it up like an absolute champion.... but I usually use nothing at all ; )

The creeks run dry or ten foot high... it's either drought or plenty... good old Aussie.

But here... down from 7 beers to just 1... means it is time to start brewing again ; )

Fortunately this last remaining soldier the IPA is going very nicely....as the sun sets... hints of passionfruit - whether cos I have been eating some passionfruit there is more scent memory or not - who knows... but lovely crisp bitterness and great passionfruit tones:

image.thumb.png.dbfcb3875eec1a07854b568dde14e47d.png

• Like 8

On 8/27/2020 at 6:43 PM, Bearded Burbler said:

I reckon my small interaction with fish guts is that it is the biz Kelsey!  Lovely looking brew mate!

23 hours ago, Bearded Burbler said:

I did a lovely strong Lager with it a while back and it cleared it up like an absolute champion.... but I usually use nothing at all ; )

NoFiningsClarity-AG1.jpg

This is a pic of my first ever AG beer poured from the keg just now. A very basic form of lagering will do this naturally.

Just my 20 cents,

Lusty.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

Amarillo Golden Ale

You might recall I stuffed up and ended up doing a 12.5g dry hop of Amarillo and 12.5 g of Mosaic.  I intended to do 25 g of Amarillo, but that is another story.  What a brilliant stuff-up.  Mango, herbs and citrus, aroma and flavour.

This is very much a kit beer, but an outstanding example of one.  This could win competitions.

IMG_1914.JPG.3cf554ecc3d2279538ad7001399a584b.JPG

• Like 11

10 hours ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

Amarillo Golden Ale

You might recall I stuffed up and ended up doing a 12.5g dry hop of Amarillo and 12.5 g of Mosaic.  I intended to do 25 g of Amarillo, but that is another story.  What a brilliant stuff-up.  Mango, herbs and citrus, aroma and flavour.

This is very much a kit beer, but an outstanding example of one.  This could win competitions.

That looks and sounds really nice!

A refreshing beer is part of the Queensland lifestyle and so is a sunburn. So what better way of celebrating the Queensland way of life than create a red pacific ale named Queensland Sunburn.  It's still a work in progress but I'm getting there.

IMG_6415.thumb.jpg.31a128be846232c5d2e74366fd4be7d6.jpg

• Like 9

8 hours ago, Ocean's of Ale- said:

Time to blow the dust off the bbq absolutely stonking good day here

Wot is zis amaaaazin' perfect lawn thing under that barbie table there Oceans?!  .... though the beer does like nice too ; )

• Thanks 1

On 8/29/2020 at 9:16 AM, Shamus O'Sean said:

Amarillo Golden Ale

What a beautiful looking brew Shamus. Sounds delicious. I will be brewing tomorrow and have been trying to decide what hops to use. I had actually been planning to do an all Amarillo brew as I have not made one for years, but you have convinced me to pair it with Mosaic. Luckily I have both in the freezer.

Any competitions in your area? Maybe you should enter it? 

Cheers Shamus. Really looking forward to tasting this brew. 

Christina. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Opposite ends of the scale today. German Pilsner is carbed up. Nice n crisp and certainly clear thanks to my filter. Needs another few days and she’ll be an absolute bewt. Followed by a bottle of my house NEIPA. I haven’t got this on tap at the moment but ripped off a bottle from a keg I made for a friend. Testing out a PET bottle With a carb cap. Seems to work. 

3403F23F-76FB-4824-BAB7-06ECD8625973.jpeg

97BE6D14-51E6-472D-BE1F-EE281A8D79B5.jpeg

• Like 6

1 minute ago, MitchBastard said:

Hey mate.After a 4 day cold crash prior to carbing.

Cool Mitch - so how did you do it - run it through like a particulate water filter type arrangement - to take any suspended yeast etc out - or?

Is super clear alright mate!  Nice looking brew all up!