Coopers Community

RDWHAHB - What Are You Drinking in 2020?

BlackSands

3 minutes ago, Norris! said:

Nice colour @BlackSands

It's very enticing but it actually turned out a lot darker than BS led me to believe it would.  I used 50g Carafa III as an adjustment but I think next time, and there will be a next time for this brew, I'll use Carafa II or maybe even Carafa I.    I'm not overy fussy about colur but I really was going more for a mid-amber colour for this one - I'd rather save these darker red hues for my ambers!  😎

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BlackSands said:

It's very enticing but it actually turned out a lot darker than BS led me to believe it would.  I used 50g Carafa III as an adjustment but I think next time, and there will be a next time for this brew, I'll use Carafa II or maybe even Carafa I.    I'm not overy fussy about colur but I really was going more for a mid-amber colour for this one - I'd rather save these darker red hues for my ambers!  😎

What about some Munich malt in place of some base malt? Could help with the lighter colour while increasing the complexity some? Just a thought.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Norris! said:

What about some Munich malt in place of some base malt? Could help with the lighter colour while increasing the complexity some? Just a thought.

Yup.... or,  a malt I've used a few times in the past is Gladfield's Aurora....    it's like munich malt on steroids!  😁   

• Like 2

Here is the SSAA.... Strong Sparkling Amber Ale... Delectable... Citra and Perle at the finish... lovely spicy big bodied brew... up in there in the 8's for ABV... but you wouldn't know it...

Voyager Veloria and Munich shining....  that later Citra and Perle combo is good... Wow... what a lovely drop.  Glad there is about 17.5L still of it in the Keg?!  ; )

Springtime it brings on the Beering ; )   

(Sung to the tune of old Aussie Folk Tune 'Springtime it brings on the Shearing')

image.png.69949990ba905cd279312be4e08f369a.png

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Bearded Burbler said:

Here is the SSAA.... Strong Sparkling Amber Ale... Delectable... Citra and Perle at the finish... lovely spicy big bodied brew... up in there in the 8's for ABV... but you wouldn't know it...

Voyager Veloria and Munich shining....  that later Citra and Perle combo is good... Wow... what a lovely drop.  Glad there is about 17.5L still of it in the Keg?!  ; )

(Sung to the tune of old Aussie Folk Tune 'Springtime it brings on the Shearing')

17.5L will only last you the weekend BB 🤣🤣

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, BlackSands said:

Half a batch to go and lovin' every drop!  A brew modelled on an English Best Bitter but with a generous late dosing of Nelson and Taiheke hops. 

😋

NelsonBitterSept2020-1.jpg

Lovely copper colour. That's the sort of photo that makes you crave a beer.........while on the way to a nightshift.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Bearded Burbler said:

Drooling

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A2C9E389-74BC-4BF4-B6CF-DBA1B9F66AA3.thumb.jpeg.89cab9f1adab2db03770d8a12fa214c3.jpegPartial No3 Coopers ESB , Maris Otter and Munich and some caramalt.

2nd last one of the keg, bloody lovely.

Good dose of EKG late with a smidge of Cadcade had it tasting like a caramel , chocolate orange, bloody delish!!

Cheers

James

Edited by James Lao
  • Like 10

This isn't very exciting for the more experienced brewers but for those just starting out and intermediates who haven't ventured far into their brewing journeys if you want to make an excellent beer from a very simple recipe you should try this. One of the absolute best.
Brew A IPA is my new favourite beer (this week 😄 ). Every time I try a new beer from the Thomas Cooper range it has become my new favourite. They are bloody good.
1.7kg Brew A, 1.5kg LME, 1 cup dextrose made to 25 litres, fermented at 20C for 9 days. OG 1.042, FG 1.011. Bottled 27/07/20 with 1 carb drop + 1 sugar cube per long neck. ABV around 4.6%.
Drank yesterday - superb!
As it was the first time I'd made this tin I didn't want to make any hop additions because I wanted to see what it had to offer as is. It doesn't need hop additions in my opinion but that's my taste and others might prefer more hoppy beers.

tc_light_malt_extract.2019.png

brew-a-ipa-_-glass.png

• Like 9

It's nearly a month old so time for a first tasting.  I called this one Brown Kiwi - modelled on an English Brown ale but hopped more in line with American versions.  Very happy with this one... and sadly another that is going to be a major waistline hazard!  😄

BrownKiwiSept2020-1.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Beerlust said:

@Ben 10

Judging from the last two posts, you have far too much spare time on your hands! 😂

Time you could better be using to formulate a practical Salumi based commercial business? 😜

The talent is definitely there.

Cheers,

Lusty.

The smokehouse is for sale in WA. Good business, needs some marketing and better products but yeah it’s for sale