Coopers Community

RDWHAHB - WHAT ARE YOU DRINKING IN 2019?

Titan

On 9/5/2019 at 5:36 PM, Bearded Burbler said:

Back on the AG Biscuit Ale Brewers!

Drinking it 'cellar temp' out of a fairly coldish storage room.... is prolly around 10 deg C... tastes good. Malt shining through with slightly warmer temp maybe?

Also has cleared a bit since my first 'release'... and is tasting very nice - great head retention and mouth feel with the wheat malt thrown in.

Bit sad to see the stocks dwindling 😭 But all for a  good reason 😜

image.thumb.png.ddb2dabb79d7b63bba8c913d30474a21.png

Looks a beauty mate

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ozlizard said:

Sounds like my Saison Captain! I drank it anyway 😉 Looks like it's got a good head anyway!

It’s just way over carbed. I have actually got to stand back when opening them ha ha

Then punch the carbonation out of em before I can get close to drinking one. 

Think im gonna tip the rest. Unless you want 25 odd king browns of the sh!tty Belgium IPA with no hop flavour ha ha ga

Edited by The Captain!!

9 minutes ago, The Captain!! said:

Think im gonna tip the rest. Unless you want 25 odd king browns of the sh!tty Belgium IPA with no hop flavour ha ha ga

Naahh mate, hate to deprive you of them!

PS might be worth seeing if they improve with age? My Saison went from being nearly undrinkable (well nearly) to quite nice by the last bottle!

Edited by ozlizard

9 minutes ago, ozlizard said:

Naahh mate, hate to deprive you of them!

PS might be worth seeing if they improve with age? My Saison went from being nearly undrinkable (well nearly) to quite nice by the last bottle!

Ha ha nah these won’t improve at all. They’ll eventually turn into bombs unfortunately. This beer finished at around 1.08-9 and I suspect it’s now under 1.05 as it’s very very carbonated. 

• Haha 1

On 9/3/2019 at 7:41 PM, Bearded Burbler said:

Blllllllaaaaaaaaardy Byardiful MB - well done mate - good job!

In regards to my pale tasting like a 150....it certainly does not. Had one yesterday at a work thing....,had a second to confirm how bad it tastes compared to what I made...maybe I’m being biased 

• Like 1

Supernova PA 

My latest NZPA featuring a 50/50 blend of Kohatu and Pacifica hops - late flavour/aroma additions of 50g each, but no dry hop.  I called it 'supernova' after the Gladfield specialty malt used -  a drier substitute for med. crystal.  It's loosely modelled on the SNPA approach to the beer which as it happens I actually tasted for the very first time ever when I was in the UK a wee while ago.    The only significant difference being...   this PA is better!  😋  

These two hops are really mellow but their presence is still quite apparent, but I think next time I will dry hop as well. Might reduce the supernova malt a little too.  

Cheers!  

Supernova_Sept2019-1.jpg

• Like 7

Just mowed the lawn so decided to have the wheat beer I made. Well, if this was me 4 or 5 years ago, I would be pretty happy. It is very refreshing and drinkable but it lacks body. I had my OG at 1.048 at 16.5l but I diluted it to 21l. I won't do that again. I honestly don't know what I was thinking. Anyways, the bright side is, it is drinkable. I prefer around 30 to 40ibus in my brews, depending I guess, but from what I like to drink that is about the mark. This has no body, even with 40% wheat. Oh well, live and learn.

20190910_175426.jpg

• Like 4

Working my way through my last extract batch before the world of AG came knocking. The steam ale from the coopers recipe section. It’s about 5 weeks in the bottle. It had a heck of a twang when first carbonated. That’s really mellowed out and now it just tastes like “beer” should be really drinkable in 2 or 3 not weeks. 

FB777361-CF5B-43B1-BD30-606F4D7FE678.jpeg

• Like 8

My Black saison on tap is disappearing pretty slowly. It tastes awesome but creeps up on you so I've been exercising a bit of restraint. 

DSC_0161.JPG

I sampled one of my failed cold malt extraction experiment beers, an Aramis pils the other night. In the end it is a very enjoyable pils, 4%, crisp, bitter, with some lovely lemon / herb hop notes. 

Cheers, 

John 

Edited by porschemad911
  • Like 8

11 hours ago, MitchBastard said:

You’d think as a photographer, I’d know how to take a photo that’s in focus right? 

I always have this problem with my phone's camera - an old Samsung S5. Absolutely useless focusing system!  One reason I rarely use it for beer pics! 

Edited by BlackSands

7 minutes ago, BlackSands said:

I always have this problem with my phone's camera - an old Samsung S5. Absolutely useless focusing system!  One reason I rarely use it for beer pics! 

S5! Time for an upgrade!

My S7's battery is giving me the shits so will be gone soon. Its done pretty well though I must say.

• Like 1