Coopers Community

RDWHAHB - WHAT ARE YOU DRINKING IN 2019?

Titan

ChubbyCherub_2019.jpg

Coopers DIY recipe: Chubby Cherub from the keg.

I kegged this earlier today so it is still very green, but all the right flavours & aromas are there.

It drinks fine right now but will only improve with some ageing. I have half a keg of something else on the pour atm, so will look at this again in about 3 week time I reckon.

Very yummy stuff! 🤤

Cheers & good brewing,

Lusty.

• Like 8

As promised, I kegged a pacific Ale for my daughters' wedding reception which was yesterday ( sat ) There were cartons of other beers and bottles of wines and bubbly, would you believe the keg blew first at about 11.00 pm, pretty happy with that!!

• Like 12

2 hours ago, Beer Baron said:

A pale ale by the fire yesterday. Sometimes it’s the most simple things that are most enjoyable 

EA853793-6305-452D-8B9A-64C7B319F21D.jpeg

Given how high those flames are shooting out of that fire pit, probably a really good idea to be that close to a hose (in the background). 😉

Cheers,

Lusty.

One of my recently brewed Really Secret Ales.

No secret, it is just half a Real Ale can, 500g LDM, 25g Vic Secret (10 minute boil), 25g Vic Secret (20 minute steep), 32g Vic Secret (Dry Hop)

This was split with the other half of the Real Ale can just with 500g LDM.  I will do a side by side taste test soon.

The Really Secret Ale has a great aroma; sweet and forest fruity.  The aroma is magnificently offset by a wonderful bitter taste.  I notice a slight almost butter menthol lingering taste as it goes down.

Cheers Shamus

IMG_1364.JPG.181d580db4be665a007d1ff09736b9c3.JPG

• Like 10

This is a glass of the leftovers pale ale I had yesterday. Not really carbonated at all yet due to it only being on serving pressure for a day and probably not completely chilled yet either, but I wanted to have a taster anyway. Probably needs a little more time to smooth out a bit more, which it will get as I wait for it to carbonate, so I'll try it again on the weekend. It'll probably have cleared a bit more then too. 

20190916_090601.thumb.jpg.ed8bda5183b9808c69b789498f20f5af.jpg

• Like 10

Just trying my AG Smoked Porter very happy with this one light smoke aroma with coffee/chocolate which seems to blend well with the Willamette at approx 29ibus and 5.2% with S04 yeast cheers 🍻 have a good night👍

F372A263-6DA7-4E1E-9ED6-784F0606A908.jpeg

Edited by RDT2
  • Like 10

On ‎9‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 9:54 PM, RDT2 said:

Just trying my AG Smoked Porter very happy with this one light smoke aroma with coffee/chocolate which seems to blend well with the Willamette at approx 29ibus and 5.2% with S04 yeast cheers 🍻 have a good night👍

F372A263-6DA7-4E1E-9ED6-784F0606A908.jpeg

Nice Beer Shot too RD!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, The Captain!! said:

Well a thrown together IPA first taste tonight. Holy snapping duck sh!t. So bloody good. It’s the first real IPA I’ve made and I’m really happy with it. 

Think I’ll need to brew this again soon

Me too a late arrival at doing IPA... have you got a recipe Kapitan?

12 hours ago, The Captain!! said:

For first time brewing, really nice beer. Really nice

They taste good fresh hey! I realised I've never actually brewed a classic American Pale Ale (like you with the IPA), so that might have to be my next batch. Might try another cold malt extraction experiment for low ABV. Probably not for a few weeks, need to track down some yeast and base malt. 

I had one of my Aramis pils last night while bottling. A really tasty beer actually, although possibly slightly over-hopped (which tastes great). 

Got an imperial smoked porter and black DIPL waiting in the fridge for Friday night.

Cheers, 

John 

Edited by porschemad911
  • Like 2