Coopers Community

RDWHAHB - WHAT ARE YOU DRINKING IN 2019?

Titan

1 hour ago, The Captain!! said:

Drinking a Flanders Red from @Ben 10

Great beer mate! Nice Brett cherry notes. Carbed beautifully. 

Weird and funky. Love it. Colour and clarity is exceptional 

2FAA1DB9-96DC-4B40-9BE8-92C1452827D7.jpeg

You're going to need some pizza for that... 

I've been getting stuck into a 6-pack of Cooper's Vintage and a few bottles of my Imperial Brown and Black DIPL over the last week or two. All very tasty indeed!

And I've discovered just how good (and cheap) Gordon Graham's Black Bottle is... The old version in a green bottle of all things anyway, heard the new version in an actual black bottle is pretty bad, so I'm making this one last. 

But after that lot I'm glad to have a 5% abv stout on tap in the fridge. This was done with Edinburgh ale yeast, Coopers base malt, a combination of light and medium crystal malts, chocolate malt and roasted barley.  It's really, really nice.

DSC_0158.JPG

Cheers, 

John 

Edited by porschemad911
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

On 8/20/2019 at 8:19 PM, drewbert said:

My Apple rocket had been aging for 38 days now. Cleared up like no one's business. Dry as a bone too. 8% and ended at FG0995. Very happy camper here

AD909747-8634-4E4D-BFA4-226CE082717C.jpeg

At 8% who needs a head, either today or tomorrow?

Cheers, love it! 😪

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, PaddyBrew2 said:

Just waiting for her to go to bed and it will be golden 

So did I.. we started watching a movie and she fell asleep halfway through it so I switched over to the cricket just after the second session started. Watched practically the rest of the day as she didn't wake up again, and got to bed about 4 this morning 🤣 had a few of my brown ales while watching it too.

Oh well, Ashes series in England only happen every four years so I can justify a few late weekend nights. I don't know if I'll see much of it tonight as I'll be at a party, guess it depends when the Mrs wants to come home. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, The Captain!! said:

@PaddyBrew2 glad you made the switch to AG?

Mate couldn’t be happier

i love the learning aspect of it.  I’m lucky to live in a time where you can start off using kits that are of a good quality compared to the older days  

but the more you learn the more you want to drive it .

Ive done an IPA , a stout, a Witbeir and next I’m gonna do a Black IPA   

The limits are boundless 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Otto Von Blotto said:

So did I.. we started watching a movie and she fell asleep halfway through it so I switched over to the cricket just after the second session started. Watched practically the rest of the day as she didn't wake up again, and got to bed about 4 this morning 🤣 had a few of my brown ales while watching it too.

Oh well, Ashes series in England only happen every four years so I can justify a few late weekend nights. I don't know if I'll see much of it tonight as I'll be at a party, guess it depends when the Mrs wants to come home. 

Haha yip. Pretty much how my night went. Although not as late a night as you given we have the time difference in our favour. Was so good seeing the poms crash like that.  They were so confident after Thursday 

• Like 2

On 8/21/2019 at 6:50 PM, The Captain!! said:

Yep. Sure is. I think overall my favourite but I’d like to get into blending yeasts this year I think. Also gonna try the DuPont strain this year too.

Dupont on its own is a major PITA. No matter what you do it will stall/go slow. Closed ferment. Open ferment. Expect a 21 day ferment.

Depends on your taste Cap but blending 3724 with belle is my favourite. Mid way between extreme funk and mild funk. With no stall problems. A sub 7 day finish and a ~1002 ish end OG.

• Like 3