Coopers Community

RDWHAHB - WHAT ARE YOU DRINKING IN 2019?

Titan

On 8/24/2019 at 1:00 PM, Greeny1525229549 said:

Dupont on its own is a major PITA. No matter what you do it will stall/go slow. Closed ferment. Open ferment. Expect a 21 day ferment.

Depends on your taste Cap but blending 3724 with belle is my favourite. Mid way between extreme funk and mild funk. With no stall problems. A sub 7 day finish and a ~1002 ish end OG.

Totally missed this one Greeny. 

Sounds like I’ll be blending this summer for sure. 

Good stuff. 

1 hour ago, The Captain!! said:

Totally missed this one Greeny. 

Sounds like I’ll be blending this summer for sure. 

Good stuff. 

It can produce good results. I blended a couple of Coopers kit yeasts (possibly S-04 and BRY97) which worked really well. Nice subtle esters, plenty of body but a dry finish.

Cheers, 

John 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, BlackSands said:

Not many of these left!   "Amberillo" - brewed back in June...   I think?  🤔

Amberillo_Aug27-1.jpg

All there nice pics make me need to get my mini studio set up again. if nothing else but to get some clear shots of my beer 😃

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, MitchBastard said:

Prematurely Cracked open my first All Grain. Pale ale with centennial and citra, dry hopped with the same and mosaic. 

For only a week in the bottle it’s carbonation is passable. Should be perf in another week.

Yummy 

4F9DAF10-0410-48B0-8B32-1FB829F11238.jpeg

Looks pretty good! Nice hop combo also.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MitchBastard said:

Prematurely Cracked open my first All Grain. Pale ale with centennial and citra, dry hopped with the same and mosaic. 

For only a week in the bottle it’s carbonation is passable. Should be perf in another week.

Yummy 

What temp did you run your Secondary Ferment at MB... 18?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Bearded Burbler said:

What temp did you run your Secondary Ferment at MB... 18?

Not exactly sure mate. 18+ most of the time I’d say. Being in QLD it’s rarely below 18 unless it’s the dead of winter at 2am. I just whack em in a plastic crate and put em in the cupboard and check back a week later. 

• Haha 1

On ‎8‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 5:08 PM, MitchBastard said:

Hey MB - mate what sort of weights of C n C did you use at both times (in 23L?)… have done a few AGs now but no IPA... 

(and am finally convinced I should try doing one)

Have got some nice Cent n Citra in the fridge waiting to go... keen to do the dry-hopper.

Interested when you added in the boil... and the sorts of weights for boil vs dry... 

• Like 1

On 8/28/2019 at 7:17 AM, MitchBastard said:

Being in QLD it’s rarely below 18 unless it’s the dead of winter at 2am.

LOL, I had 4°c on the way to work a while ago.... And I'm further north than you I think.

English bitter BTW, still very noice.

00000IMG_00000_BURST20190829140037976_COVER.jpg

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Ben 10 said:

LOL, I had 4°c on the way to work a while ago.... And I'm further north than you I think.

English bitter BTW, still very noice.

00000IMG_00000_BURST20190829140037976_COVER.jpg

English bitter BTW, still very noice. ... on the way to work? 😜

Edited by Bearded Burbler

22 hours ago, Ben 10 said:

I was up in the Gulf a few weeks ago. It was 30 degrees every day. Beautiful.

Then I flew back to Sydney where it was 8-10 degrees at 5pm.

AG batch 3. 

Belgian Witbeir 

i am beyond thrilled how this turned out. It’s a Hoegarden clone. Coariander seed and orange shines through. Nice and light at 5.2 %

ive chucked a slice of orange in there too for the craic 

77C51684-C616-4D0A-BD75-5A0DAB2E9E3B.jpeg

Edited by PaddyBrew2
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1

Yeah that’s the thing mate, I’m like that too, that’s why I give away so much I think. Just so I have room to put another batch down and improve on the next. 

I look forward to hearing how your Black IPA goes, being Irish I think you’ll dig it. Me, not so much

• Like 1

Ive had a few black IPA's . I really like them. But from what im reading ,its a fine balance as you wants the hops to shine without the astringency from the dark grains 

The missus encourages it, she got me into it cos i spent too much on craft. she got me the coopers kit almost 2 years and  the rest is history . she cracked the shits after my first batch in the robobrew as the floor was all sticky. so i tell her now i brew outside, i even bought a good power lead. little does she know i still brew inside , i brew either on the days i work from home or the days shes out for the day . i now have the knowledge though to place towels under my unit and all over the floor before i brew

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I hated brewing inside with the urn. I'm glad I can be outside again. Couldn't really stick a hook in plasterboard ceiling to hold the grain bag anyway 😂

I'm drinking a stout at the moment. Went to pour a dark ale and all I got was spluttering, so that keg will be cleaned tomorrow and refilled with the leftovers pale ale. 

• Haha 2