Coopers Community

RDWHAHB - WHAT ARE YOU DRINKING IN 2019?

Titan

Yeah back on topic, the wife rings me and says, that new pale ale we have is delicious. 

She’s saying passionfruit and citrus. 

Im like, I’m just glad your picking out flavours rather than, yep hun, that tastes like beer. 

Shes coming around folks........

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, The Captain!! said:

Yeah back on topic, the wife rings me and says, that new pale ale we have is delicious. 

She’s saying passionfruit and citrus. 

Im like, I’m just glad your picking out flavours rather than, yep hun, that tastes like beer. 

Shes coming around folks........

What’s her favourite tipple?

Sometimes a brew just doesn't turn out as you hoped.  I brewed a porter 7 or 8 months ago which as much as I tried, I just couldn't get to like it.  Even after many months aging it still tastes a bit sharp... a dark malt bitterness I think with a touch of sourness - best I can describe it anyway.  I just found it unpleasant and hence the reason all these months later I still have a dozen or so bottles left.   I have a more recent bitter which is near the end, a few bottles left which has been OK, but certainly not my best effort.  It ended up quite sweet for some reason (or combination of reasons) but mostly I put it down to poor attenuation.   Anyway, it just occurred to me today...  that a blend of these two might actually work quite well.  The bitter/sour bite of the porter offset against the unusually high sweetness of the bitter; each beers shortcomings cancelling each other out as it were.   And they did!  This is actually a really nice beer now... just a shame I only thought of it today...

Blend-1.jpg

• Like 8

Trying the second of my All Grain Oatmeal Stout tonight.  Suitable weather.  

This was the one with Bramling Cross hops discussed over at The English Bitter Thread!

Sorry @BlackSands, this brew tastes beautiful.  You could say it has a dark berry flavour to it, but that is what a Stout kind of has anyway.  At the very least, Bramling Cross is great for this type of beer.

Traditional Stout aroma and taste.  Dark chocolate.

IMG_1323a.thumb.jpg.6c4391585fcf3a520972d49c7fca068a.jpg

• Like 8

On ‎8‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 7:59 PM, PaddyBrew2 said:

AG batch 3. 

Belgian Witbeir 

i am beyond thrilled how this turned out. It’s a Hoegarden clone. Coariander seed and orange shines through. Nice and light at 5.2 %

ive chucked a slice of orange in there too for the craic 

77C51684-C616-4D0A-BD75-5A0DAB2E9E3B.jpeg

Luvyerwork Paddy!

• Like 1

On 8/30/2019 at 7:29 PM, PaddyBrew2 said:

AG batch 3. 

Belgian Witbeir 

i am beyond thrilled how this turned out. It’s a Hoegarden clone. Coariander seed and orange shines through. Nice and light at 5.2 %

ive chucked a slice of orange in there too for the craic 

77C51684-C616-4D0A-BD75-5A0DAB2E9E3B.jpeg

Stunning colour mate! 😎

Well done! 👍

Lusty.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well it is time to release... from the Haus of Weizen… Weihenstehan…. liquid Wyeast W3068 as recommended by a few of you brewers including @Hairy… my first AG Weizen:

image.png.38054c2d15e2ad789e3cfe03e766f053.png

I am thinking more Erdinger than Franziskaner… but who cares - this is amazingly good Bayerischer Hefeweizen and I am not paying for import... pure Weizen Gold.

And thanks for all you Forum Weizen Brewers who have helped me on this journey - most appreciated!

And congrats to @PaddyBrew2 on his Belgischer WitBier!

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, Bearded Burbler said:

Well it is time to release... from the Haus of Weizen… Weihenstehan…. liquid Wyeast W3068 as recommended by a few of you brewers including @Hairy… my first AG Weizen:

image.png.38054c2d15e2ad789e3cfe03e766f053.png

I am thinking more Erdinger than Franziskaner… but who cares - this is amazingly good Bayerischer Hefeweizen and I am not paying for import... pure Weizen Gold.

And thanks for all you Forum Weizen Brewers who have helped me on this journey - most appreciated!

And congrats to @PaddyBrew2 on his Belgischer WitBier!

well done mate, you nailed it. stunning looking beer

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PaddyBrew2 said:

well done mate, you nailed it. stunning looking beer

It is - I think as you Paddy and I both struggle to believe - so amazing how good an AG can be if you get the basics right...

here... the big thing is that The Weizen Kings on this site were very much encouraging going the more exy Liquid Yeast...  more $$ and a pain if you live out in the paddock...

But I really believe that the Wyeast Liq Yeast W3068 has been an amazing leap forward... and I think it was @Hairy who put me onto this 17 deg C regime....

Think both of those things have delivered Hefeweizen like you get in Bayern.... seriously!?!

Mmmm maybe it was the BirdShit on the roof cos I used rainwater? 😜

Edited by Bearded Burbler
  • Haha 4