Coopers Community

RDWHAHB - WHAT ARE YOU DRINKING IN 2019?

Titan

Trying one of my Royal Pilsner just now.

IMG_1304.thumb.JPG.f4b6ad96a6d748103b484bac40ac8e79.JPG

Great beer.

1.7kg Thomas Coopers Golden Crown Lager
2kg Pilsner Malt (Grains) 65min Mash
200g Carapils (Grains) 65min Mash
70min boil
22g Saaz 10min boil
22g Saaz 15min steep
11.5g Saflager W-34/70 rehydrated

Brewed in early May.  Been lagering thru Melbourne's winter in garage for three months.

I can smell this beer coming when I pick up the glass from the coaster.

• Like 12

5 minutes ago, Worthog said:

That's a fine looking Pilsner @Shamus O'Sean. Looks like a good recipe well produced. Love the clarity. Well done!

Cheers

Loved the look of your Landrace Lager too.  Nice and clear.  I am sure it was the best lager you had even had.  No filler (rice, corn), just malt.  When I saw it, I was inspired to post the picture of my Coopers can lager.

Who would think we could produce great beers like this at home?

Cheers Shamus

• Like 4

So had a first crack at "Sgt Sundaze" tonight.

Well balanced, almost sweet malty front, slightly fruity, then finishes bitter on the end.

Both me and the mate who did the poster were very happy.

Be interested to see how it changes after more than 2 weeks in the bottle.

MVIMG_20190817_182203.jpg

• Like 10

Brewed 8 - 9 months ago this Saison has certainly benefited from all those months in storage.  It originally suffered from a noticeable chill haze but time has clearly fixed that.  Flavours have mellowed and become more refined.   Nice!  😎

AgedSaison-109.jpg

• Like 18

After a troubled upbringing... herewith the Disaster Recovery Ale... A Red Ale that due to incompetent handling (see Fail Thread) with a rebrew augmentation became more of a Brown Ale...

with hints of red.

As the Phoenix rises from the Ashes... so did the DRA...  Malt Bill - Red X/Pale/Wheat/Medium Crystal (Part 1 😢) Pale/Biscuit/Med Crystal/Wheat (Part 2)… Ella for bittering and then later Galaxy and Spalt… happy to receive critique on the hopping.  Well... critique... constructive criticism on anything really 😝

Elwood: Don't yell at me.

Jake: Well whadda you want me to do, Motorhead?

Elwood: Try not to be so negative all the time. Why don't you offer a little... constructive criticism?

image.png.613cdb3c136bbf223add41751cba22a9.png

image.thumb.png.8baa369ce23fa5761a9de011f7c66302.png

Well at least after all the trouble and strife... this brew tastes great.  Cheers Brewers. BB

• Like 13

4 hours ago, BlackSands said:

Brewed 8 - 9 months ago this Saison has certainly benefited from all those months in storage.  It originally suffered from a noticeable chill haze but time has clearly fixed that.  Flavours have mellowed and become more refined.   Nice!  😎

AgedSaison-109.jpg

Your photos are sensational. Whenever I have a first pour from a keg are you able to swing by and take a photo of my beers please. 

Thanks

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, BlackSands said:

AgedSaison-109.jpg

As said before. Your pics are at sexy. Make a man feel all tingly in his man bits (@_@;)

• Haha 4

8 hours ago, Bearded Burbler said:

After a troubled upbringing... herewith the Disaster Recovery Ale... A Red Ale that due to incompetent handling (see Fail Thread) with a rebrew augmentation became more of a Brown Ale...

with hints of red.

As the Phoenix rises from the Ashes... so did the DRA...  Malt Bill - Red X/Pale/Wheat/Medium Crystal (Part 1 😢) Pale/Biscuit/Med Crystal/Wheat (Part 2)… Ella for bittering and then later Galaxy and Spalt… happy to receive critique on the hopping.  Well... critique... constructive criticism on anything really 😝

Elwood: Don't yell at me.

Jake: Well whadda you want me to do, Motorhead?

Elwood: Try not to be so negative all the time. Why don't you offer a little... constructive criticism?

image.png.613cdb3c136bbf223add41751cba22a9.png

image.thumb.png.8baa369ce23fa5761a9de011f7c66302.png

Well at least after all the trouble and strife... this brew tastes great.  Cheers Brewers. BB

That is one of the greatest movies of all time some classic one liners!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Beer Baron said:

Your photos are sensational. Whenever I have a first pour from a keg are you able to swing by and take a photo of my beers please. 

Thanks

Sure, cover the cost of my travel and accommodation and I'll be right over!  😂

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Detroit D said:

Hi Drewbert

looks nice , do you mind putting up a list of ingredients as I have a cerveza and some galaxy hops sitting there 

1 can Cooper’s Mexican cerveza 

1kg Cooper’s brew enhancer 2 

500g Briaglow extra malt sugar

7g can kit yeast

24g galaxy pellets added at 1020 dry hopped with 250ml water steeped for 10 mins (from two foil Brigalow packs)

The kit recipe didnt have the Brigalow extra malt, but i wanted a bit stronger brew. 

OG was 1040 anf FG was 1007.

As you can see this was a BigW special brew 😃

IMHO its a very easy drinking beer, the Galaxy aroma and taste leads the way, opening up to a typical fruity cerveza after taste. 

Edited by drewbert
tasting
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Otto Von Blotto said:

A hop tea isn't a dry hop. Dry hops are just thrown straight into the beer, not steeped in water first.

yes very correct. i keep saying dry hop when its hop tea. 

as someone who has only ever done a hop team once, and nothing else. what sort of differences are there between a tea vs dry hopping?

4 minutes ago, Otto Von Blotto said:

As I understand it hop teas extract more flavour and some aroma, where dry hops are mainly for aroma. 

ahh, then im glad i did the tea. as the flavour in the galaxy cerveza is a big part of the beer. 

ty ty as always Otto

14 hours ago, der kleine Drache said:

Drinking Bootmaker Toucan 3 from the Bootmaker thread. Bitter and slightly sweet. 

IMG_20190819_200223.jpg

Good stuff DKD - and I know I like your labels - but that one is a cracker - I am a terrible Tintin tragic which helps ; )

• Like 2