Coopers Community

Todays tastings

supernerdy

4 hours ago, Pale Man said:

20220905_154509.jpg

Watching the footy on the weekend, I think my family got it right:  Its a way for VB marketing to get the symbol in your face outside of acceptable alcohol advertising times.

And, for the record, I am happy to drink VB anytime.

Edited by Shamus O'Sean
  • Like 3
  • Haha 4

22 hours ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

Watching the footy on the weekend, I think my family got it right:  Its a way for VB marketing to get the symbol in your face outside of acceptable alcohol advertising times.

And, for the record, I am happy to drink VB anytime.

Its a pretty clean lager really. I think the stigma of VB being shite is a massive myth. But I wont force my opinion on anyone, but I don't mind telling people I like it either. Ice cold after work on 40 degree day it goes a long way. Each to their own, I like all sorts of beer. 

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Brauhaus Fritz said:

It was just too good, no time to take a photo of a full glass. These big cans are sooo delicious. Never realised they have a best after date

image.jpg

image.jpg

All naturally made products have a best by date matey 👍🍻

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Pale Man said:

Its a pretty clean lager really. I think the stigma of VB being shite is a massive myth. But I wont force my opinion on anyone, but I don't mind telling people I like it either. Ice cold after work on 40 degree day it goes a long way. Each to their own, I like all sorts of beer. 

Do you happen to know PM what yeast they use for the VB, I've heard a rumor that it's an ale yeast. Carlton Draught from the tap on a hot summers day goes alright as well.....but as you say each to their own.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Mickep said:

Do you happen to know PM what yeast they use for the VB, I've heard a rumor that it's an ale yeast. Carlton Draught from the tap on a hot summers day goes alright as well.....but as you say each to their own

https://wyeastlab.com/product/danish-lager/

Apparently it's this and after using it about 20 times over the years I tend to agree. It's also done warm as @interceptor said but I didn't think as high as 18c.

• Like 3

On 9/6/2022 at 5:50 PM, JoeB7 said:

I have a mate works at Yatala CUB & according to him VB, Fosters & Crown are all the same recipe. Obviously there's a different method for each.

I played footy with a bloke who worked for one of the big breweries years ago he said Fosters and Crownies were the same beer! I would prefer a VB over both of them. I went to a funeral recently where the guy who died loved VB so I had a couple on tap in his honour on, really enjoyed them. Unfortunately (I think) I was driving so only had two, lucky cause I was just starting to warm up!

• Like 4

7 hours ago, jennyss said:

playing with fire balancing

Haha Gold @jennyss Truly Spoken mate - fortunately there was no breeze... have been in a bit of trouble trying to take shots with a fair wind blowing... Looking forward to your paddock photo : )  There'll be something to park a glass up on - even maybe the back of a ute tray  or a tree stump?  Haha is all a bit of fun cheers JSS and good brewing!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1