Coopers Community

Todays tastings

supernerdy

8 minutes ago, Brauhaus Fritz said:

The pet bottles are very hard to clean, I had a few brews spoiled, even some bottles leaking

They are good for anybody starting their brewing journey, looked after they can last for years but after many years of brewing I discovered the fail rate compared to glass bottles was not good. They are good for there portability as well as gifting as they only cost a buck each. I know people who still use them so I am not condemning then just don't need to anymore.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JoeB7 said:

The beer is crap mate.... would be good for a BYO of home brew to a mates place though

Well that would come down to personal opinion, I reckon VB is crap but every time I mention it I get shot at.

We all live in different states & were brought up with different beers so at the end of the day who is right & who is wrong.

• Haha 1

Let's change the subject and focus on the positives 😆

Like Erdinger.... @Aussiekraut real beer?  I had not had Kristall for ages... and although it is nice enough... nowhere near as good as HW... but Aldi only had the Kristall 😬

Certainly is Kristall Clear : )  

I took the second shot inside as it had got dark before I could get out there... was too busy washing me SS Brew Vat after kegging and pitching ; )

image.thumb.png.e54a740b8f02bca1f9517783f21f6b33.png

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

Like Erdinger.

Haha yes it is the wrong thread which I am sure that

@Cee

will remind me of... 😋

But it is the same glass as the above picture and sort of fits in with the stream of consciousness... same glass but I reckon this is filled with something much nicer ; )

The Mountain Sparkling Amber : )

Please don't shoot me... but honestly this beer reminds me of... London Pride... but with higher ABV and more fizz ; )

image.thumb.png.b7440fb4b2d97fc4451054b62644a213.png

Edited by Itinerant Peasant
  • Like 5
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Well that is a blast from the past they were around some years ago, a good healthy 2 litres, collector's items now - worth a lot of money in good condition.

2436180-3x4-700x933.jpg

My dad had some in his shed when I was a kid i should ask if he still has them???

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

😬🤮

2 hours ago, ozdevil said:

no one would have thought  that you think vb is crap Phil

but your exactly spot on  VB is glorified drain cleaner

You boys aren’t working hard enough, VB is for a “Hard earned thirst!”

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Tone boy said:

Bridge Road

Nice one @Tone boy Toner... have a sneaky feeling they make nice beer.. it was a while ago but I did have a BR of some sort (canna remember what quite it was but was full bodied, nice hops and reasonable ABV) in a foody place and it was really lovely 🙂

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

Nice one @Tone boy Toner... have a sneaky feeling they make nice beer.. it was a while ago but I did have a BR of some sort (canna remember what quite it was but was full bodied, nice hops and reasonable ABV) in a foody place and it was really lovely 🙂

They do make good beer @Itinerant Peasant old chap. I was lucky enough to score a subscription gift from the in laws, whereby Bridge Road crew send me a case of their mixed beers 4 times a year - one for each season. Each case has a good mix of beers.

So far I have received a winter case and a spring case. The IPA pictured is from the spring case. I have been very impressed with their beers so far. Their robust porter was a standout in the winter case.

I have been a bit (ok a lot) slack on reporting tasting notes on these fora though…😬

Cheers and good will to all ✌️🍻

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, terminal2k said:

I honestly forget they exist. Once they opened the brewery in oz, their beers disappeared overnight

they are opening brewdog in  Coburg at the old Pentridge site which spose to opens sometime this month

• Like 1