Coopers Community

Todays tastings

supernerdy

On 8/23/2022 at 6:19 PM, Brauhaus Fritz said:

What a nice stout

3CAC10A7-ACBF-4CBF-9D82-82EDE6400CCC.jpeg

On 8/23/2022 at 7:29 PM, Itinerant Peasant said:

Good Call @Brauhaus Fritz BF

There is some corporate company stuff going on here that I cannot unravel but that our man @iBooz2 Boozer might be able to help explain what is going on re from a Company Structure... @iBooz2 Boozer can you help maybe?

I believe that... they are from around Goulburn NSW  in the vicinity of the Nation's Capital.

https://www.tribebreweries.com/breweries

If I am on the road I really like their light blue tin IPA which I cannot also find right now on their website...

image.thumb.png.508a44fa37ad80b4d070101ba1f516a7.png

On 8/23/2022 at 7:47 PM, kmar92 said:

I delved a little deeper into Zytho Brewing, apparently they are based in Goulburn as @Itinerant Peasant pointed out. I was surprised though to find that Zytho Brewing is owned by Endeavour Group, Endeavour Group is a subsidiary of Woolworths. Endeavour is probably most well known as the owner of the Dan Murphy's chain. Surprised me.

On 8/24/2022 at 9:00 AM, Classic Brewing Co said:

On 8/24/2022 at 2:26 PM, Classic Brewing Co said:

The plot thickens, apparently The Endeavour Group own BWS & Dan Murphy's & all of the ALH Hotels.

Sales stagnate but profits up at Endeavour Group

On 8/24/2022 at 4:40 PM, Classic Brewing Co said:

I agree about supporting breweries & I do, however spare a thought for those not working full time &/or on the pension. 

There are big savings on liquor at the Supermarket Bottle Shops so they certainly have their place, with food prices going up constantly it is a help for those that need them.

23 hours ago, ozdevil said:

Phil, i dont work full time  mate,  i do spare a thought for those on the pension..  

I understand you do support  breweries 

i agree there is big savings at the supermarket and their bottleshops to be made..  there always will  be a need for them.

i'm kind off a lucky person  i choose to alway support local community or my breweries  or  craft beer bottleshops

I am not about stopping you or anyone for that matter not buying where they want to shop. 

as i said i still buy Carlton draught or coopers pale ale (i don't consider it a craft beer these days) and buy from a small bottleshop which doesn't have much craft beer   ..

i'm just saying   there is some dam great beers  out there that these big chainstores you will never see in them.   

but i am not going to stop the average  joe blow spending his cash where they want   if thats all they can afford , i dont make no judgements   even if they just buy vb all their life  

Only opened a can of Stout, but it seems that I also opened a can of worms🪱🪱🪱😂😂😂😂

• Haha 5

On 8/23/2022 at 7:29 PM, Itinerant Peasant said:

Boozer might be able to help explain what is going on re from a Company Structure... @iBooz2 Boozer can you help maybe?

EDV retail brands owned by others through their various retail outlets and pubs.  I don't think they are into owning brewery's, they just want to sell the products of the brewery's.  The brands that EDV sell will come and go depending on that brands margin and how big the market is for that particular product. I have not looked into that particular craft beer but as I said its unlikely EDV own it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

SAIL & ANCHOR GOLDEN ALE  4.2% ABV

I picked up a couple on special walking past BWS in the Shopping Centre - nothing really to write home about, a bit light on in the hops dept but it's not bad for $2.50, I wouldn't buy a carton of it though.

20220826_143151.thumb.jpg.2d6bbcaed31a59c5ef432621f7905be1.jpg

The Sail & Anchor Golden Ale uses a careful blend of pale and darker toasted malts to deliver a soft golden colour and light roasted barley flavours. Well-measured hop additions provide a restrained and balanced complement to the malt profile, while fruity yeast esters add another dimension to the flavour. The result is a mellow, yet flavourful golden ale.

• Like 6

IMG_9840.thumb.jpg.4505172ca007ad05195af51789db8713.jpg

the last of the v8 interceptors decent beers left in the work fridge for friday night beer o'clock knock off drinks. i wish i could say more about this beer but i get a lil hazy when the big guns come out at the end of the working week. happy friday all.

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

14 minutes ago, Brauhaus Fritz said:

At least 

Sad to hear that it was not much good @Brauhaus Fritz BF - I shall not bother trying to find some nor their NEIPA by the sounds of it 👍

I found their Rock Hopper to be pretty nice...  that said, it was a while ago now that I tried it and on-tap... 

image.png.ff20852937174a4304bfcc9ef00c34bc.png

Edited by Itinerant Peasant

13 minutes ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

Sad to hear that it was not much good @Brauhaus Fritz BF - I shall not bother trying to find some nor their NEIPA by the sounds of it 👍

I found their Rock Hopper to be pretty nice...  that said, it was a while ago now that I tried it and on-tap... 

image.png.ff20852937174a4304bfcc9ef00c34bc.png

I liked their summer ale. Will give the rock hopper a try. I will try some other brands neipa just to see if it’s the style of beer I don’t like. The aroma of the hop was overpowering, like sticking my nose into a 🌸 and flavour? Couldn’t really find any. It just didn’t taste like a well rounded finished and ready beer

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hilltop hops said:

Tastes good but is a bit flat ☹️.

Is it the beer you reckon or have you got a non beer-clean glass 🤭  seriously a lot of these beers that are popping up everywhere these days aren't really that good in fact some are crap, all you get is a glass full of bubbles, no head & then you realise you could have made a better one yourself on a bad day !!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Is it the beer you reckon or have you got a non beer-clean glass 🤭  seriously a lot of these beers that are popping up everywhere these days aren't really that good in fact some are crap, all you get is a glass full of bubbles, no head & then you realise you could have made a better one yourself on a bad day !!

Glass wouldn't be perfect but I tried the next one from the can. Still undercarbed. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

52 minutes ago, Hilltop hops said:

I should but I can't be asked to be honest. I'll let them know if I drop past that bottle shop later in the week. 

I had a similar problem a while ago, I bought a 6 pack of something & decided to take the last full can to the bottle'o & asked the guy to get a glass & poured it, they agreed it was zonked so they gave me a new 6 pack - I am a regular there though.

The good news is the 2nd lot were OK.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Yeah it's a shame you couldn't catch up. not sure how far you are from there but I am about 2,114kms, perhaps a little far for a Sunday Arvo drink !!

Nice looking drop, that would be a Lambic style wouldn't it.

From my place, it is about a 45 minute drive or so. I'd like to know more about the place but just can't do it during the week. Although I should be able to get a day off whenever I want to. It is my company too after all 🙂 

• Haha 1

Hop Nation Brewing Co - J-Juice New England IPA

Strong citrus aroma.  Loads of haze

It looked like convection currents in the glass as the bubbles rose and the haze particles dropped.

Bold citrusy flavour.  Mild bitterness that lingers and grows.  Smooth and easy drinking mouthfeel belies its 7.1% ABV - and no noticeable alcohol taste. 

IMG_3206.JPG.464f9d76231923e9af5bc6f71a3ed80b.JPG

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

COOPERS XPA 5.2% ABV

Awesome stuff, this beer is really great, it's got everything a beer should have, balance, malty, fruity hoppy flavours & beautifully carbonated. It would be hard to stop at one. Cheers. 🍻

20220829_144940.thumb.jpg.9e607abe20bc3718a756af2d5f8cd464.jpg

I am planning an AG clone of it for my next batch.

• Like 1