Coopers Community

Todays tastings

supernerdy

10 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

The majority of Australian beer drinkers would disagree 😉

The Never Ending Story, I really don't care as there are plenty of other vile beers out there, then of course it comes down what you have been brought up on & your personal choice, I stopped drinking it years ago because it gave me a violent headache. 🤯

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

32 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

The Never Ending Story, I really don't care as there are plenty of other vile beers out there, then of course it comes down what you have been brought up on & your personal choice, I stopped drinking it years ago because it gave me a violent headache. 🤯

Opinions are like ar$eholes. Everyone has one.

• Haha 3

25 minutes ago, Red devil 44 said:

Sank a bit of this back in my younger years, not a bad drop. 🍺

F0E35F6D-8B6E-4DBA-92CA-9396E4487DFF.jpeg

1 hour ago, Pale Man said:

Fathers day present. VB manscaping kit. I'm going to be very purdy from now on 😄

20220905_154509.jpg

On a different note, watched a documentary about the history of beer in Australia on Binge last night, quiet informative.

https://binge.com.au/shows/show-your-shout-the-history-of-australian-beer!7228 

download.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

Back in the day i did some miles from Whyalla to the Gold Coast

Yep that's a fair old way @Pale Man Paleo cobber... 

And pretty blaaardy warm in Summer... that's if the roads are not flooded and yer canna get through at all 

The Creeks run dry or Ten Foot High... it's either Drought or Plenty... and plenty of miles to cross ; ) 

Not my photo below... but memories of sitting there in the Kingswood wondering what do we do now... 

image.thumb.png.31912534d8d5bc61ef324cae246fbf05.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Itinerant Peasant said:

Yep that's a fair old way @Pale Man Paleo cobber... 

And pretty blaaardy warm in Summer... that's if the roads are not flooded and yer canna get through at all 

The Creeks run dry or Ten Foot High... it's either Drought or Plenty... and plenty of miles to cross ; ) 

Not my photo below... but memories of sitting there in the Kingswood wondering what do we do now... 

image.thumb.png.31912534d8d5bc61ef324cae246fbf05.png

Crack a beer & get some shut eye.

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Red devil 44 said:

Went to my mates place on the weekend & he gave me this, took a swig and spat it out, absolute rubbish. 
This should be banned, it is disgusting, maybe it’s the craft beer w#nker coming out in me 🤣🤣

But it was crap all the same. 🤣🤣

56D8F00D-CEEB-42CE-9EDD-4B34E8221ED7.jpeg

I totally agree, it is made by one of the companies who supply Supermarket type bottle shops, I couldn't be bothered looking it up as it is crap. 😬

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

Oh yes my man. Ive driven that road in drought and flood. My parents live on the Goldy. I live in little humble Whyalla. Flights are not cheap so it is usually a road trip. 

I had my Commo VS wound up to 180 kay an hour across the Hay Plain, Mrs watching for Cop Helicopters. I'm not proud of it now but it cut hours off the trip, and the car was safe, the road was smooth. 

Ah yes I remember the times I travelled facing floods/rivers especially in Outback WA & the NT, no picnic when you are faced with a decision do I brave it or not, I came unstuck a few times.

I even had a Police 4WD pull me out of a creek near Alice Springs once, they were very helpful, I am offered them a beer out of the Esky which was on the back seat 🤣 & they said hell yeah but we are talking many moons ago.

Bring back the good old days.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

faced with a decision do I brave it or not, I came unstuck a few times.

Yes mate @Classic Brewing Co and in more recent times I did same and am fortunate to have got away with it... after doing a swag of kms in a reasonable AWD through plenty wet stuff and only being about 15km to decent highway roads... was very fortunate I did not come unstuck on a fairly thin but nasty low-level crossing... was bad planning on my part and I would back what the TV Ads are trying to say and that is better off not risking crossing rushing and reasonably deep floodways... 

I would not do it again.  And in general - also take into account the weather warnings n forecasts a bit more - as they were spot on... there was trouble about with a lot of high intensity and widespread rainfall and going "the back way" to cut some kms was madness.  Very grateful and thankful I did not get into worse trouble...  😐

Edited by Itinerant Peasant
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Red devil 44 said:

Sank a bit of this back in my younger years, not a bad drop. 🍺

F0E35F6D-8B6E-4DBA-92CA-9396E4487DFF.jpeg

Tooheys Old was my first foray at the pubs.

Still remember the smells on the drive to Sydney as a kid. Vita-Weats factory at Ashfield, Arnotts at Strathfield & Taverners Hill Brewery.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

Yes mate @Classic Brewing Co and in more recent times I did same and am fortunate to have got away with it... after doing a swag of kms in a reasonable AWD through plenty wet stuff and only being about 15km to decent highway roads... was very fortunate I did not come unstuck on a fairly thin but nasty low-level crossing... was bad planning on my part and I would back what the TV Ads are trying to say and that is better off not risking crossing rushing and reasonably deep floodways... 

I would not do it again.  And in general - also take into account the weather warnings n forecasts a bit more - as they were spot on... there was trouble about with a lot of high intensity and widespread rainfall and going "the back way" to cut some kms was madness.  Very grateful and thankful I did not get into worse trouble...  😐

I also remember when I was in Meekatharra WA on route to an isolated town in the centre of the outback Wiluna, a sign saying 'Road Closed" had blown down in the wind which of course I didn't see & went through facing dangerously slippery roads in terrible rain & storms, I battled through & nearly lost control a few times but upon my arrival I realised what had happened. 

The Publican of the Wiluna Hotel was amazed that I got through & notified the police to re-post the sign.

I never would want to go through that again.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JoeB7 said:

Tooheys Old was my first foray at the pubs.

Still remember the smells on the drive to Sydney as a kid. Vita-Weats factory at Ashfield, Arnotts at Strathfield & Taverners Hill Brewery.

Yeah a bit like when we travelled over the hill as a kid when my dad was driving me to soccer games, travel past Milton in Brisbane past the XXXX brewery.

Later in life did a few shutdowns there as a Fitter and it still smelt the same.

• Like 5