Coopers Community

Todays tastings

supernerdy

IMG_9898.thumb.jpg.6918e0c2188035487826abcf91f7dea5.jpg

boatrocker pils from boatrocker brewery, braeside, victoria. for some reason if you work in print occasionally clients drop in the odd festive brew as a bit of a thanks, we had a good month in august and the fridge is once again full for friday beer o'clock bevvies.

as for the beer itself it's pretty good, just not $90 a slab good

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

On 9/18/2022 at 8:06 PM, Itinerant Peasant said:

Gold @Brauhaus Fritz BF - great idea and way to go... the Gabba GC is a bit harder to get to but if you master the Bus network in Bris I think it is doable...  guess it depends where you are embarking from too hey... 

But check out this Schweinshaxe... was amazingly good... crispy crackling and meat so tender wow....

I did have to pay $2 for extra Gravy which I thought a bit unnecessary but it was sooo taschty it was well worth it haha!

image.thumb.png.f4a5254675620de78fa6e17892c8203e.png

Yeah, the Haxe looked amazeballs. Just too much for me. The beer however... 🙂 

Bus isn't rocket science. Can't recall the number there is one coming straight out of the city, goes around the Gabba for some strange reason and stops like 300m down the road from the club. And if in doubt, there is always Uber 🙂 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Aussiekraut said:

goes around the Gabba

Shame really that the German Club does not sub-lease a bit of the Gabba field out of hours - for Punters from the GC to skip/crawl across the road - to camp on after a big session - on the paddock.... so as to go home sober the next day...

Seems a very very reasonable use of Qld/Aussie resources by its taxpayers one would think? Grab a few cartons of take-out Flaschen - could end up quite a nice evening... even on Game evenings - if not sold out - one could sit and watch the game before parking up on the paddock?   Maybe I should write to the Gabba Board and lovely helpful Anastasia... mother Deutsch.. Father yeah Poland woulda been in the Austrian-Hungarian Empire at some stage...  born in Germany anyway... mum German background.... maybe she would join us on the odd occasion - in the Premier's Tent Booth on the paddock after a swag of Weizen and ne Haxe and some Appelstrudel for desert after a win by the Lions or the festive Cricketing Bulls?

And yeah then with a bit of local education - maybe after the footy season was over - and before the cricket had begun - we could run a massive D'Wiesn Oktoberfest on the paddock like in Zminga?  Wow... imagine the Tax Dollar Anastasia and Scomo... whooops Albo!

Early life and education. Palaszczuk was raised in the Brisbane suburb of Durack. Her father, veteran state Labor MP Henry Pałaszczuk, was born in Germany to Polish parents. Her Australian mother, Lorelle, is descended from German settlers.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

Shame really that the German Club does not sub-lease a bit of the Gabba field out of hours - for Punters from the GC to skip/crawl across the road - to camp on after a big session - on the paddock.... so as to go home sober the next day...

Seems a very very reasonable use of Qld/Aussie resources by its taxpayers one would think? Grab a few cartons of take-out Flaschen - could end up quite a nice evening... even on Game evenings - if not sold out - one could sit and watch the game before parking up on the paddock?   Maybe I should write to the Gabba Board and lovely helpful Anastasia... mother Deutsch.. Father yeah Poland woulda been in the Austrian-Hungarian Empire at some stage...  born in Germany anyway... mum German background.... maybe she would join us on the odd occasion - in the Premier's Tent Booth on the paddock after a swag of Weizen and ne Haxe and some Appelstrudel for desert after a win by the Lions or the festive Cricketing Bulls?

And yeah then with a bit of local education - maybe after the footy season was over - and before the cricket had begun - we could run a massive D'Wiesn Oktoberfest on the paddock like in Zminga?  Wow... imagine the Tax Dollar Anastasia and Scomo... whooops Albo!

Early life and education. Palaszczuk was raised in the Brisbane suburb of Durack. Her father, veteran state Labor MP Henry Pałaszczuk, was born in Germany to Polish parents. Her Australian mother, Lorelle, is descended from German settlers.

But we have our own Oktoberfest, organised by the German Club. It's considered the biggest German festival in the country. It's held over two weekends in October at the RNA Show Grounds.  Plenty of Bier, Haxn, Wiaschdl, Oompa music, dance and whatnot. Plenty of stalls and rides for the kids. It had been scrapped the last two years but is back with a vengeance this year, although I am not going. SWMBO doesn't drink beer and can't eat what's on offer and nobody else is interested. Maybe next year.

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, Aussiekraut said:

But we have our own Oktoberfest, organised by the German Club. It's considered the biggest German festival in the country. It's held over two weekends in October at the RNA Show Grounds.  Plenty of Bier, Haxn, Wiaschdl, Oompa music, dance and whatnot. Plenty of stalls and rides for the kids. It had been scrapped the last two years but is back with a vengeance this year, although I am not going. SWMBO doesn't drink beer and can't eat what's on offer and nobody else is interested. Maybe next year.

We've had a number incarnations of Oktoberfest and Schutzenfest in Adelaide over the years with popularity ebbs and flows. Things like drink driving laws, venue capacities, locations and pandemics all combining to change the fabric of these events.
October '21 I attended Oktoberfest in Hahndorf in the Adelaide Hills. While it was a good day out it wasn't a grand event due to venue size and some Covid restrictions.
In January '23 Schutzenfest will be held at Gawler Showgrounds for the first time I'm aware of. Gawler is about 40km north of the city and the gateway to the Barossa Valley with a rich German heritage. Although distance might be a hurdle for some, Gawler is serviced by a metro train line. I think a showground venue might be just what this kind event needs and I look forward to going.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Malter White said:

We've had a number incarnations of Oktoberfest and Schutzenfest in Adelaide over the years with popularity ebbs and flows. Things like drink driving laws, venue capacities, locations and pandemics all combining to change the fabric of these events.
October '21 I attended Oktoberfest in Hahndorf in the Adelaide Hills. While it was a good day out it wasn't a grand event due to venue size and some Covid restrictions.
In January '23 Schutzenfest will be held at Gawler Showgrounds for the first time I'm aware of. Gawler is about 40km north of the city and the gateway to the Barossa Valley with a rich German heritage. Although distance might be a hurdle for some, Gawler is serviced by a metro train line. I think a showground venue might be just what this kind event needs and I look forward to going.

Yeah, I used to enjoy the event when it was held at Hahndorf & then I think it got moved to the city & was never the same.

I wouldn't bother to travel to Gawler for it unless of course there was a group to make a day of it.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Yeah, I used to enjoy the event when it was held at Hahndorf & then I think it got moved to the city & was never the same.

I wouldn't bother to travel to Gawler for it unless of course there was a group to make a day of it.

I believe it was moved to the city to make it accessible to more people and it was a very large event for a few years. However one of the organising groups hit financial problems and the event died down from it's peak and since then different groups have had a shot at reviving it.
While Gawler is a distance from Adelaide I have a good feeling about this coming event. Showground venue, German heritage area, on major public transport routes are all positives in my view.
Gee Phil, it'd be breeze for you to get to. Free travel for seniors - you'd only have to step on the tram and step on the train in the city. 

Edited by Malter White
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Malter White said:

I believe it was moved to the city to make it accessible to more people and it was a very large event for a few years. However one of the organising groups hit financial problems and the event died down from it's peak and since then different groups have had a shot at reviving it.
While Gawler is a distance from Adelaide I have a good feeling about this coming event. Showground venue, German heritage area, on major public transport routes are all positives in my view.
Gee Phil, it'd be breeze for you to get to. Free travel for seniors - you'd only have to step on the tram and step on the train in the city. 

You could be right; I suppose it would be worth a look & as you say getting there & back is no drama & of course the other idea would be to simply drive & stay in Gawler overnight, but I imagine it would be heavily booked.

But there is this one as well ?

https://www.glenewinestate.com.au/events/oktoberfest-2022

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

maybe it's my OCD, but I can't stand and oktoberfest event that's in the middle or late october. oktoberfest starts in September and ends the first weekend of october. I feel like if you don't know the first detail about it, you shouldn't be running an event.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, terminal2k said:

maybe it's my OCD, but I can't stand and oktoberfest event that's in the middle or late october. oktoberfest starts in September and ends the first weekend of october. I feel like if you don't know the first detail about it, you shouldn't be running an event.

While this is true, the roots of the Oktoberfest are in October, hence the name. When crown prince Ludwig was married to Therese in October 1810, the public was invited to attend the event held at what is now called the "Theresienwiese". From there, it evolved into an annual spectacle we now know as Oktoberfest. At some point, the starting date was moved to what we see now.

Theresienwiese (Therese's meadow) isn't much meadow anymore though. It's mostly sealed but the infamous "Kotzhuegel" or "spew hill" in English is still grass. It's called that because those who over indulge on beer go there to spew and sleep off their intoxication 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 9/2/2022 at 6:29 PM, Itinerant Peasant said:

Haha yes it is the wrong thread which I am sure that

@Cee

will remind me of... 😋

But it is the same glass as the above picture and sort of fits in with the stream of consciousness... same glass but I reckon this is filled with something much nicer ; )

The Mountain Sparkling Amber : )

Please don't shoot me... but honestly this beer reminds me of... London Pride... but with higher ABV and more fizz ; )

image.thumb.png.b7440fb4b2d97fc4451054b62644a213.png

I'll let it go, mate 😉

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I would agree I have a 1/2 dozen of asst Weihenstephaner bottles in the Bar Fridge - love them all.

Whilst mourning today I decided to get stuck into the back area & find the best place for the outside bar & get the beer garden ready for Summer, it is very primitive ATM & needs lots of work especially the paving, but I will get there.

I thought I would try it out as well, it still works. 🍻 This Matilda Bay Craft Lager is very nice.

20220922_132550.jpg

20220922_132656.jpg

20220922_133556.jpg

• Like 3