Coopers Community

Todays tastings

supernerdy

2nd go at the 6.5% Shepherd Neame Kentish Strong Ale

I like it even more than the first taste (I posted last week) 

Pale Straw, Hoppy, Fruity, Spicy, Bitter, Hoppy, Refreshing are the brewers'

however, I still get a clove aftertaste which is not unpleasant, so I will hope that my mate Stquinta may put light on this.

20220925_163517.thumb.jpg.a770f5708430be1617565234118ce900.jpg

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Brauhaus Fritz said:

No need to be ashamed. My team is Hertha BSC who somehow always avoids relegation with a really strong squad. I might have to swop alliance to the metalworker team from the former Arbeiter und Bauern State, Union Berlin. Unity is what we need in this time and age

Unity is good but loyalty is better. I’ll always be a 60er. Einmal Löwe, immer Löwe 😀

• Haha 4

8 hours ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

Tonight's beer

Banana yeast aroma.  I feel I am wishing for some clove too, but I do not think there is any there.  It seems a bit dark for a Weissbier.  Smooth drinking.  Mild bitterness.  Quite nice.

IMG_3249.JPG.8522d7e643d868aafefd24c9bf2904f2.JPG

Yes, Schneider is darker than most Weissbier. What I want to know how you managed to pour it so English? No head on a Hefeweizen? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

30 minutes ago, Aussiekraut said:

Yes, Schneider is darker than most Weissbier. What I want to know how you managed to pour it so English? No head on a Hefeweizen? 

0.5 litre bottle, 0.5 litre glass.  I had to pour slowly.

What surprised me was the lack of wheat-based cloudiness.

Any thoughts on what additions they use for the colour?  The bottle just said wheat malt and barley malt.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

I have noticed some parallels in our tastings lately. 😃

When I looked for the Sheaf Stout I found this independent Bottle shop who had a huge stack of Weihenstephaner, had to try it. And then I couldn’t resist and ordered the German Box from Beercartel, and it’s October fest, so only German beer this month and maybe a stout here and there

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Popo said:

Goes good.

Yeah, their beers are good, I haven't tried the Stout though. Rural settings are great for photos but where I live you get a good neighbour fence on the side & a view to the street, maybe I will walk down the beach & take some beer shots on the rocks - when it gets warmer 🥶 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Now for a Stout, very satisfying on a barmy 12c night down the bay, I just checked out the BOM website, the weather for the rest of the week is cold/wind & showers - possible storm. Bring on the Summer 🏖️ 🍻 🥳

20220927_164911.thumb.jpg.de8901b24bc79f494a50ecf045382b8e.jpg

I just realised I put this in the wrong thread, unless you are bothered, I am not, BTW it was my Stout.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Brauhaus Fritz said:

Great looking stout, love the glass

Cheers, you know what those glasses, box of 10 in the original box, obviously never used were sitting in a Thrift Shop right up the back, I took them to the counter & said how much do you want for these & she said they have been there for ages, how does $5.00 sound.

I gave her $5.00. 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

What a nice beer. My wife describes them as being very light, even so all their beers are over 5%. It is the feeling when the liquid hits your mouth, it is very light. It must be the quality of the water and nearly a thousand years of brewing experience. This one is sweet and malty with a little bitterness, even some fruitiness. Easy drinking you think. It will hit you hard if you drink too fast. Another winner 

473F1CB6-7845-4A49-952A-CD2BC1BC53EF.jpeg

• Like 6