Coopers Community

Todays tastings

supernerdy

Garage Project - Louche Lips Quadruple IPA (12.1% ABV, that's nuts)

Sour over-ripe citrus aroma that gets right up ya nose.

Very complex and amazing flavours: Sour citrus, tang, barnyard.  Warmth but no alcohol burn.

A sipper fer sher.  Flavours develop and improve as it warms in the glass.  Not easy to slam this one.  And it would be such a waste to slam it anyway.

IMG_3267.JPG.5dd12be4bada59f7f3d456c9266b66d4.JPG

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, RDT2 said:

+1 to what shamus said this beer is weirdly nice, I think 🤔. It could be a little rich if you had a few!

7A7ACA8A-F154-42B9-8D04-997A4AC009CE.jpeg

This  is  a shocker  to me to be honest.   its way to sweet for my liking.   it is a favourite amongst the younger generations.   i just cant get into   this Porter     

would i say i dislike it   - no    but  is it my favourite  no

wouldn't purchase it again    but if i was offered one  i would  drink it..

but each to their own  

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, ozdevil said:

This  is  a shocker  to me to be honest.   its way to sweet for my liking.   it is a favourite amongst the younger generations.   i just cant get into   this Porter     

but each to their own  

I must say it doesn't appeal to me either, I love Porter & Peanut Butter but together in a drink - not sure but then I have never tried it.

At $12.00 a can it is unlikely that I will ever get to try it.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Pale Man said:

Ten Doz of Coffin Bays finest oysters.

20221006_125751.jpg

used to work at an oyster farm not to far from Hobart Airport

thought i would enjoy the job  , but who wants to be  running around  at 2am in the morning up to ya waist in freezing cold water in the middle of winter   harvesting oysters.   well i was stupid enough to give it ago 

i ended up getting the sack from the job    the reason   was  we cant make any money  due to the obsessive amount of oysters you are consuming and taking home..   

it was like 1 for the markets  and 10 for me and so on

• Haha 5

11 hours ago, Brauhaus Fritz said:

Another bloody German brew. Got it in my local bottle shop out of date and half price, and it’s worth every cent I didn’t pay.  Never had a Rauch Bier before. It is very smoky, but behind the smokiness is an exceptional beer. Might go back tomorrow to get some more.

541F1896-0947-4F2F-BEF1-DBD4991A78BA.jpeg

I've never been big on Rauchbier. Any smoked beer for that matter. Bacchus Brewing up here in Brissy used to have a ton of heavy beers, all of them tasting like a bacon butty or a ham sandwich. But I think they have come to their senses these days 🙂 

I like smoked meat and things like that and I like beer. I even have the two together but not in the same glass I'm afraid 🙂 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Aussiekraut said:

I've never been big on Rauchbier. Any smoked beer for that matter. Bacchus Brewing up here in Brissy used to have a ton of heavy beers, all of them tasting like a bacon butty or a ham sandwich. But I think they have come to their senses these days 🙂 

I like smoked meat and things like that and I like beer. I even have the two together but not in the same glass I'm afraid 🙂 

First time I had one, wouldn't have one all the time, but for half price I had to try it. Gave some to my son who is more into craft beers than me, and also worked in a brewery and at beer cartel. His reaction was, "wow" unlike most Rauchbier this one does not just overpowers you with smoky flavour, but after the first sips actually is a full-bodied flavorsome beer. This one was a Weizen, but I also got a Marzen which is as good. On a rainy, cold afternoon with some Roggensemmel and Leberwursst or Schwarzwaelder Schinken it's a great accompaniment. They must know what they do as they are making it since 500 years. Or maybe it's the fact that it is made in Bamberg and I have a connection to there, ha,ha. It is for sure a better beer than lot's of craft brews around. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Now that's what I call an Ale !! I had to get rid of the taste of that disgusting Pommie Bishops Finger 😬 I struggled with the last glass, IMO not a very nice beer. This of course is the business. 😋

20221007_153054.thumb.jpg.2970678602f15f1a435fde08b75fc393.jpg

Ha, ha. Rainy day and back to the classics

184D7D6F-F44F-4387-BD1D-EE73227BE6EE.jpeg

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, Brauhaus Fritz said:

First time I had one, wouldn't have one all the time, but for half price I had to try it. Gave some to my son who is more into craft beers than me, and also worked in a brewery and at beer cartel. His reaction was, "wow" unlike most Rauchbier this one does not just overpowers you with smoky flavour, but after the first sips actually is a full-bodied flavorsome beer. This one was a Weizen, but I also got a Marzen which is as good. On a rainy, cold afternoon with some Roggensemmel and Leberwursst or Schwarzwaelder Schinken it's a great accompaniment. They must know what they do as they are making it since 500 years. Or maybe it's the fact that it is made in Bamberg and I have a connection to there, ha,ha. It is for sure a better beer than lot's of craft brews around. 

I have seen them & often wondered what they would be like but now I am still curious, I am like AK, I like certain food items with a beer - but not in it. 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I have seen them & often wondered what they would be like but now I am still curious, I am like AK, I like certain food items with a beer - but not in it. 

If you find one cheap good be it a go. Imagine a 500 year old house which only ever had a wood fired stove. This smell is how the beer tastes at first, but then it is really good. What I like about it is that it is not a gimmick, but a traditional way of making beer. It reminds me of visiting a friend in Switzerland who was making cheese on an Alm, no electricity just wood for light, warmth and cooking. Combined with this nostalgia it’s an exceptional beer.

• Like 3

OK let's talk Stout, last bottle of my 4 x Pack Shepherds Neame 500ml bottles.

This is their Double Stout - 5.2% ABV, first taste I get roasted coffee, chocolate followed by hoppy notes & then the bitterness.

This is really nice, as the beer warms up it gets better, it has a lovely aroma & great depth of flavour, I think the Poms should stick to Stouts as this is better than all of the Ales I had. As I near the end of the bottle I am looking for more, this is really good & the coffee, cocoa, chocolate aftertaste is velvety smooth.

This gets a tick & I want more. 😋

20221007_165730.thumb.jpg.c333f7bbcadc356e7aec71c1f2308abb.jpg

• Like 3

17 hours ago, ozdevil said:

but each to their own  

Interesting review.

My son and I did not mind it, but thought it did not have the necessary peanut punch.

Then SWMBO, who does not drink beer, sniffed the can the next day and said, yes it smells like peanut brittle.  I might have to revisit this one.

18 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Now that's what I call an Ale !! I had to get rid of the taste of that disgusting Pommie Bishops Finger 😬 I struggled with the last glass, IMO not a very nice beer. This of course is the business. 😋

20221007_153054.thumb.jpg.2970678602f15f1a435fde08b75fc393.jpg

VB memorabilia in the background??????

I went to a liquor store in Adelaide you Mexicans & other interstate members haven't got, there are a few branches in Adelaide. It is called Fassina Liquor & they have a huge variety. 

This apparently was on special & I didn't know about it & I bought the last 2 bottles.

This beer will always be one of my favourite German Wheat Beers along with Weihenstephaner so Prost'

Just a thought, with all of the German Beers posted in the last week, we should have created a new thread ' The German Beer Thread"

20221008_152214.thumb.jpg.b04d11d3a387d6c17e6e730f5c19efb3.jpg

• Like 5