Coopers Community

Todays tastings

supernerdy

7 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

A good old standby, how many have noticed the new logo/labelling? I think it looks great, if I keep a few of the old tins they may be worth something one day & then I can retire 🤣

20221021_173521.thumb.jpg.f6efdebeee55369bd5aab1936bf95dc3.jpg

I was expecting the other green can!

• Haha 1

IMG20221023181650.thumb.jpg.b94892072841ca3abef14336a7667797.jpgGot a 4 pack of these heavily reduced in the clearance trolley out the front of Dan's.  Have had mixed luck with close to use by beers in the past. Bought these against my better judgement.

A bit past their prime but still a pretty good beer. Would happily buy again. Especially marked down.

Edited by Popo
  • Like 6

Bright Brewery - Compost Cookie Imperial Stout

Rich stout aromas and flavours.  Of the ingredients on the can, I reckon I can taste:

• Chocolate
  • Pretzels/Potato Chips (a slight saltiness)
  • Coffee
  • Cinnamon

However, if there was no list, who knows what I would think was in it.  Certainly more complex than an honest Coopers Best Extra Stout.

IMG_3306.JPG.49f8d41c9a53289bbbbf5e98c2cc5044.JPG

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

They missed out Lawn Clippings, where is the head on the beer ? I think you should hold the can a lot higher over the glass SOS. 🤭

Mate as long as you enjoy it & are happy to pay $13.95 for a 8% beer, who cares.

Halfway through the pour, I thought the same thing.  So I raised the can.  Still, the head dissipated almost immediately.

My son bought this for my birthday.  It was worth every cent.

• Like 2

Treated myself to another round of yummies. Let’s start off with an Aventinus Eisbock. Sweet and malty with a hint of dried fruit. The typical Clive flavour typical for Bavarian wheat beers is present but much more subtle. A nice beer but at 12% abv, something best consumed in moderation. 🍻

32E65531-C3D4-45C3-97EF-9E431D85F106.thumb.jpeg.09e8df4490ba3878c9a7b96b3b7891db.jpeg

• Like 7