Coopers Community

Todays tastings

supernerdy

113F0720-A17F-4815-90DB-9C60E0193DC0.thumb.jpeg.82043e91b3cb855f37a1ce6b2f42011e.jpeg

Dropped by the legends last weekend for their 10th Birthday celebrations (where did that decade go??).

Had to indulge in a Boozy Fruit for the occasion. It seems the profile has changed a little over the years but it’s still by far the fruitiest, most tropical NEIPA I’ve ever had, and an absolute triumph of a beer.

Well done boys.

• Like 9

55 minutes ago, Dustin Frothman said:

113F0720-A17F-4815-90DB-9C60E0193DC0.thumb.jpeg.82043e91b3cb855f37a1ce6b2f42011e.jpeg

Dropped by the legends last weekend for their 10th Birthday celebrations (where did that decade go??).

Had to indulge in a Boozy Fruit for the occasion. It seems the profile has changed a little over the years but it’s still by far the fruitiest, most tropical NEIPA I’ve ever had, and an absolute triumph of a beer.

Well done boys.

I knew it was on, but I couldn't get there, I like that place & their beers are great, Cheers.

• Like 4

I know, October is finished, but my parcel from Beercartel only arrived yesterday (still in October). I blame @Aussiekrautfor posting all the delicious German Beers, so I had to get myself a little present of beers I haven’t tried before.

And the first one is just sensational. The Frankonian Benediktiner monks just knew what to do. During times of fasting liquid was allowed, so they created this beautiful liquid food. 8% of malt, hops and their own spring water goodness. I would have got vision as well drinking this beautiful brew all day.

0CB1196B-D384-4127-9BAF-102E77A76606.png

Edited by Brauhaus Fritz
  • Like 8
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Brauhaus Fritz said:

I know, October is finished, but my parcel from Beercartel only arrived yesterday (still in October). I blame @Aussiekrautfor posting all the delicious German Beers, so I had to get myself a little present of beers I haven’t tried before.

And the first one is just sensational. The Frankonian Benediktiner monks just knew what to do. During times of fasting liquid was allowed, so they created this beautiful liquid food. 8% of malt, hops and their own spring water goodness. I would have got vision as well drinking this beautiful brew all day.

Looks nice, I love the artwork on the label.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Brauhaus Fritz said:

Yumox

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Brauhaus Fritz said:

I agree, great labels and great beer. Sitting in the afternoon sun and enjoying a cold drop, it’s a special treat. I really appreciate the craftsmanship in these brews so far.

I envy you for being able to sit in the sun, I just went outside & was forced backed inside, the cold sea breeze & outside temperature cut's you in half but I am still enjoying a beer.

Enjoy & Cheers.

• Like 3

I know that some of you guys don't like this, Shepherd Neame Kentish Strong Ale, but I reckon that it is OK. My favourite in the Shepherd Neame range remains their IPA, it is such a great traditional English IPA.

It is sort of against our Aussie upbringing, but this Kentish Strong needs to be consumed at English cellar temps of about 12°C to get its full taste experience.

2291e.JPG

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I envy you for being able to sit in the sun, I just went outside & was forced backed inside, the cold sea breeze & outside temperature cut's you in half but I am still enjoying a beer.

Enjoy & Cheers.

It’s been a chilly day as well, but now it’s a bit more pleasant 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, kmar92 said:

I know that some of you guys don't like this, Shepherd Neame Kentish Strong Ale, but I reckon that it is OK. My favourite in the Shepherd Neame range remains their IPA, it is such a great traditional English IPA.

It is sort of against our Aussie upbringing, but this Kentish Strong needs to be consumed at English cellar temps of about 12°C to get its full taste experience.

I agree @kmar92 they are great beers, I can get 4 of those for $20 at Dan Murphy's & it is great value. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kmar92 said:

2291e.JPG

After coming back from Brazil many years ago I only had beer stupidly cold from the freezer. Warm beer , especially commercial big brands gave and still give me a headache. It’s probably not a temperature issue but the quality of the beer. Getting into homebrewing and craft beer I realised that different type of beers need different temperatures to fully enjoy their flavours and characteristics. Last Sydney winter I had most my brews, especially the dark ones and English ales at room temperature ( my beer dungeon was around 12-15 degrees) and they where so nice. So I fully agree with you. Enjoy and 🍻 

• Like 6

59 minutes ago, Brauhaus Fritz said:

Another great brew from this very interesting brewery. If you understand some German check out their website, they are listing the ingredients of their brews. An easy drinkable full flavoured Export Dark Landbeer. Luckily I used a smaller glass so I could have a refill 

12197566-DA93-4500-BBA4-81B5E00CE036.jpeg

Forgot to mention that the monks called it liquid bread, ha ha. Would like a barley and hop sandwich right now

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, kmar92 said:

2291e.JPG

Well pick me for one, I let it warm up and tried it but not to my taste.

That don't make it a bad beer, just Not to my taste.

We are all different.

Glad you enjoyed it, will try again in a year or so, to see if I've changed my taste preference

• Like 4