Coopers Community

Todays tastings

supernerdy

On 11/8/2022 at 3:55 PM, Brauhaus Fritz said:

It doesn't happen often that I can't finish half a glass of beer, but this one did it to me. It is utterly delicious, just a bit strong.

Schneider Aventinus Eisbock                                                                                                                                                                    Magic and a black soul - the mahogany coloured, almost black "Eisbock" for sensuous indulgence, best served in a balloon glas. Matured in a special freezing process following a special recipe, with a soft, elegant body, but still intensive. Spicy flavours of plum, banana and clove reveal themselves along with a hint of bitter almond and marzipan. Tempting as digestif, to crepes, dark chocolate, Tiramisu and fully ripe parmesan cheese.

IMG_3684.JPG

Somebody has been raiding the German Liquor site or?

• Haha 2

I was very fortunate to recieve several beers from @Pale Man a couple days ago that he purchased while in Adelaide.

I've had a couple today that were very easy to drink and would definitely drink them again.

Will gradually get through the others over the next couple of days.

Pretty average photos but didn't have time to find a fence post 😆

Cheers @Pale Man appreciate it bro.

20221109_170717.jpg

20221109_152106.jpg

Edited by Hoppy81
  • Like 8
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Hoppy81 said:

I was very fortunate to recieve several beers from @Pale Man a couple days ago that he purchased while in Adelaide.

I've had a couple today that were very easy to drink and would definitely drink them again.

20221109_170717.jpg

20221109_152106.jpg

Too easy @Hoppy81  always nice to share beers with those that enjoy. Two of these arrived in the mail today. Probably not the right weather but bloody delicious.

20221109_174827.jpg

Edited by Pale Man
  • Like 7

15 hours ago, Hoppy81 said:

20221109_170717.jpg

20221109_152106.jpg

What’s the smooth Ale like is it a bit like caffreys or Kilkenny?

• Like 2

First time trying this Shepherds IPA (thanks @Pale Man) really enjoyed it, very easy to drink, not that big hop hit youd expect from IPA's these days.

Second is my Session ale, very refreshing on these warm days that we are currently having especially while I'm cooking 4 briskets and 2 Boston butts (will be posted on the 'What's on the menu forum soon)

Cheers all 🍻

20221110_131423.jpg

20221110_165416.jpg

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, Hoppy81 said:

First time trying this Shepherds IPA (thanks @Pale Man) really enjoyed it, very easy to drink, not that big hop hit youd expect from IPA's these days.

Second is my Session ale, very refreshing on these warm days that we are currently having especially while I'm cooking 4 briskets and 2 Boston butts (will be posted on the 'What's on the menu forum soon)

Cheers all 🍻

20221110_131423.jpg

20221110_165416.jpg

The Shepherd Neame IPA is a favourite of mine @Hoppy81

• Like 4

On 11/8/2022 at 4:55 PM, Brauhaus Fritz said:

It doesn't happen often that I can't finish half a glass of beer, but this one did it to me. It is utterly delicious, just a bit strong.

Schneider Aventinus Eisbock                                                                                                                                                                    Magic and a black soul - the mahogany coloured, almost black "Eisbock" for sensuous indulgence, best served in a balloon glas. Matured in a special freezing process following a special recipe, with a soft, elegant body, but still intensive. Spicy flavours of plum, banana and clove reveal themselves along with a hint of bitter almond and marzipan. Tempting as digestif, to crepes, dark chocolate, Tiramisu and fully ripe parmesan cheese.

IMG_3684.JPG

This might be the Godfather of the Eisbock. Very similar taste profile, just not as concentrated and alcoholic. Great beer. Maybe I should try to freeze one and scoop the ice crystals off 

IMG_3699.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 2