Coopers Community

Todays tastings

supernerdy

22 minutes ago, Aussiekraut said:

Treated myself to another round of yummies. Let’s start off with an Aventinus Eisbock. Sweet and malty with a hint of dried fruit. The typical Clive flavour typical for Bavarian wheat beers is present but much more subtle. A nice beer but at 12% abv, something best consumed in moderation. 🍻

I have had some of their beers & they are nice, haven't had that one - I get a headache just looking at it 🤯

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Aussiekraut said:

Treated myself to another round of yummies. Let’s start off with an Aventinus Eisbock. Sweet and malty with a hint of dried fruit. The typical Clive flavour typical for Bavarian wheat beers is present but much more subtle. A nice beer but at 12% abv, something best consumed in moderation. 🍻

32E65531-C3D4-45C3-97EF-9E431D85F106.thumb.jpeg.09e8df4490ba3878c9a7b96b3b7891db.jpeg

Yum, where did you get it from?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Aussiekraut said:

German Liquor Specialties (germanliquor.com.au) up here in Brissy. 

That looks like a great place for German Beer, I assume it online ordering only.

I have these 2 before & they were on special at Liquor Land 3 for $12.00.

Schneiderweissetap4_sml_1836x1836.webp Schneiderweissetap7_sml_1728x1728.webp

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

That looks like a great place for German Beer, I assume it online ordering only.

I have these 2 before & they were on special at Liquor Land 3 for $12.00.

Schneiderweissetap4_sml_1836x1836.webp 123.41 kB · 1 download Schneiderweissetap7_sml_1728x1728.webp 89.43 kB · 0 downloads

Tap 4 is their Festweisse. I think that's what they used to brew for the Oktoberfest, when they still did. Tap 7 is the original. Back in the day, there was only Schneider Weisse, none of this Tap stuff 🙂 

Yes, the place is online order but apparently there is a warehouse purchases can be picked up. Since they're on the north side of town, I opted for the $5 postage for 6 bottles.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Aussiekraut said:

Aventinus Eisbock. A nice beer but at 12% abv, something best consumed in moderation. 🍻

It's a bloody lovely drop. Can confirm drinking a few of these at the schneiderweisse brewhouse in munich at the end of the night and you wake up at a tram stop with your wife yelling at you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, stquinto said:

Quite keen on these, a bit maltier than my normal tipple (and often a lot more expensive but these were on offer)

They look alright Stquinta, a lot of these are starting to show up in bottle shops but the prices are as high as $12-$15 for a 330ml bottle, I have bought a few different ones on occasion but usually only when they are on special.

• Like 1