Coopers Community

Todays tastings

supernerdy

9 minutes ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

Dainton Beer - Bloodzilla 2022 - Double Blood Orange NEIPA

Strong orange aroma - to be expected

High bitterness and zesty flavour. Very tasty.  Background sweetness, so it is a bit of a sipper.

IMG_3286.JPG.6d1a1fa0990c4592f1cbe073ec63f0f4.JPG

Shamus is it just me but the high alcohol beers seem to struggle with a decent head or are you just a lousy pourer 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

So here's my Pilsner. Not long enough to clear up in the keg. But taste. It's malt driven. The Weyerman Pilsner was a struggle to work out. I don't know if my efficiency is under or over. Longer in the keg she's a drinker. Saaz hops and Pilsner malt is match made in heaven. Shout out to Lallemand Diamond yeast.

Absolutely one of the best beers I've tasted ever. It's a cool beer dudes.

20221015_231359.jpg

Edited by Pale Man
  • Like 7

9 hours ago, Pale Man said:

So here's my Pilsner. Not long enough to clear up in the keg. But taste. It's malt driven. The Weyerman Pilsner was a struggle to work out. I don't know if my efficiency is under or over. Longer in the keg she's a drinker. Saaz hops and Pilsner malt is match made in heaven. Shout out to Lallemand Diamond yeast.

Absolutely one of the best beers I've tasted ever. It's a cool beer dudes.

20221015_231359.jpg

Hopefully i get to taste this awesome sounding and looking Pilsner, I know you are trying to age it and all haha

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Round 3 at the Deeds Brewery - 3rd paddle. 

Draught - 4.2% AVB  Style - Lager - Very drinkable.

Bract 101 -6.0% ABV  Style - Hazy lager - Very drinkable.

Lean, Green and Mean 7.0% ABV  Style - WC IPA - Loved this one - really well balanced. Purchased this one as a take away package.

Once more into the fray 14.5% ABV  Style - Bourbon Barrel Aged Imperial Stout - Awful - just awful - just wrong imo. Tasted way off. Maybe the high ABV. 

311143513_1081999405851481_242544941337895599_n.jpg

311299910_860993445058207_636003907473912482_n (2).jpg

311001967_837855057392491_561831379994331489_n.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Mickep said:

Stein's Restaurant Richmond London. A great outdoor place on the Thames in summer.

My oh my Mick, that looks like a feed (and a watering... ) !

I don't know the place, not been to Richmond in years. But worth a lookup I'll say 😉

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, stquinto said:

My oh my Mick, that looks like a feed (and a watering... ) !

I don't know the place, not been to Richmond in years. But worth a lookup I'll say 😉

Mate, it's superb in Summer. Not so good in winter. I lived in Richmond, twas a beautiful spot on the river. Stein's was just a great place to get a feed and a drink.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mickep said:

Well not quite today's tasting - but from a a couple of years ago.

Stein's Restaurant Richmond London. A great outdoor place on the Thames in summer. Shout out to Sainter @stquinto if you've been here. It's a fantastic place to get fed and watered.

309009767_639100114284462_1684388413212773135_n.jpg

Hey Mick, it says Stein's but was that Rick Steins ? I can't see any seafood so perhaps not, looks good all the same.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Mickep said:

Well not quite today's tasting - but from a a couple of years ago.

Stein's Restaurant Richmond London. A great outdoor place on the Thames in summer. Shout out to Sainter @stquinto if you've been here. It's a fantastic place to get fed and watered.

309009767_639100114284462_1684388413212773135_n.jpg

They've really upgraded the Plowmans lunch then 😆

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Mickep said:

Nah not Rick's place but a beer garden come Bavarian restaurant with awesome beers and pretty incredible tucker on the river. 

https://www.richmond.stein-s.com

Looks good especially the Bavarian Fraulein's they are so talented carrying that many beers, it is a shame they are so ugly 🤣

Edited by Classic Brewing Co
  • Haha 2

Went to the local tavern for lunch with my wife and had a few Green Beacon Tropical Ale Wayfarers off the tap, nice beer. 
‘Was a good lunch, few nice crafty beers and won $640 on keno, happy days all round (Wife wants a new dress now and I may buy some more brewing gear) 😃😃

793C54DC-DFD9-40D8-AA08-E9F260978270.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Red devil 44 said:

Went to the local tavern for lunch with my wife and had a few Green Beacon Tropical Ale Wayfarers off the tap, nice beer. 
‘Was a good lunch, few nice crafty beers and won $640 on keno, happy days all round (Wife wants a new dress now and I may buy some more brewing gear) 😃😃

Mate I am sure she has enough dresses, just buy brewing gear 🤣

Seriously that's a good win, enjoy, Cheers.

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Red devil 44 said:
29 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Mate I am sure she has enough dresses, just buy brewing gear 🤣

Seriously that's a good win, enjoy, Cheers.

‘My wife is a top chick, she lets me have a brewery downstairs so a new dress is a small price to pay. 

Yeah, I understand mate, you know I was joking, Cheers.

• Like 1