Coopers Community

Todays tastings

supernerdy

Junkyard Giant by Aether Brewing. A Red Rye IPA, aged for 6 months in oak barrels, blended with a 14 month barrel aged barley wine. This is one nice beer. Hints of oak and fruit, a decent hit of hops, smooth sweet and at 9.3% abv, rather strong. Love it but one is enough.

AD970C70-C0FD-46F3-B3DE-CE08F72CAC81.thumb.jpeg.3c416a2e95e869b5a8c593ead40822f6.jpeg

Edited by Aussiekraut
  • Like 8
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Aha but can you prove it 🤔 there probably would be many others having a beer/wine breakfast due to GF day.

Not that it matters anyway, everyone can do what they like. I found beer doesn't go very well with bacon & eggs many moons ago 🤣

It’s the wrong GF though. I’m not into watching guys in singlets and skimpy shorts getting points for missing the goal 😂

If people can have Nutella with bacon and chocolate coated bacon, then beer sure AF will go with it 😀 As for eggs, just make them into Advokaat and it is a great match with beer. 

• Haha 7

53 minutes ago, Brauhaus Fritz said:

Nah, my rule is no drinking during work and never before 11 am. Just came home from a Korean BBQ lunch ( yummy) and now I will have my first beer, a home made Munich Dark . I am not really an AFL person, I like the round ball game. But being a Sydney sider “ GO SWANS”🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺

Yeah, no booze at work but this 11am rule is a silly social convention. There is no logical reason not to have a beer at 10, 9 or whenever one feels like it 😀 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Aussiekraut said:

Yeah, no booze at work but this 11am rule is a silly social convention. There is no logical reason not to have a beer at 10, 9 or whenever one feels like it 😀 

I totally concur, I am an early riser sometimes it can be 10-11am & I could easily go a beer, I don't but of course it has been done especially if you are out in the boat, just back from a walk on the beach, been working in the garden ... hang on - you don't need a reason. I never used to work while I was drinking either 🤔 but a lot of my business was dealing with Publicans, need I say anymore.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Today an Ale from the Vale, absolutely beautiful, lovely & clear for a Pale Ale & has a very fresh, well-balanced taste with a nice hop presence. I have had this before & will be buying it again.

QUOTE:  

An Australian Pale Ale with a refreshing balance of malt, hops and yeast characters. Hop additions of Amarillo and Cascade give a wonderful fresh crisp finish with lingering flavours of citrus, passionfruit and peaches. The hop flavours and aromas are matched beautifully with the sweet honey finish from crystal malt.

20220924_145855.thumb.jpg.482110f712f171e51ec49e801de569e9.jpg

• Like 8

59 minutes ago, Aussiekraut said:

Junkyard Giant by Aether Brewing. A Red Rye IPA, aged for 6 months in oak barrels, blended with a 14 month barrel aged barley wine. This is one nice beer. Hints of oak and fruit, a decent hit of hops, smooth sweet and at 9.3% abv, rather strong. Love it but one is enough.

Interesting AK, hardly a session beer 🤪

• Like 1

The Swans are getting hammered and I enjoy a Spaten out of a Spaten Stein. The 11 o’clock rule is just for me to keep me disciplined. When I was a friend of the green stuff I was known to have a drag before my morning coffee, and these days I have my first coffee at 3.45am. So the 11 am rule is just for me and no social constrain😂😂😂

mans the beer was goood

35233AE4-CA1E-4276-8EF2-0ADA282D103C.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, Aussiekraut said:

My son works in Sydney and will regularly have a beer with breakfast before driving 90 mins, into work...

As a retired driver, I don't agree with this but what can I do.

Kid's.. what can I say! (he is 50).

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

I honestly was a little bit disappointed by this one. It’s is nice and cloudy and thick, how a Kellerbier should be, but it’s lacking some more complex flavours. Saying this it is a really good beer but I definitely prefer the Weihenstephaner Kellerbier. I would get it again if Ian in need of a flip top bottle 

65022CBB-6E93-4F88-9DCF-06B8AC393ADB.jpeg

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

Last night's German offerings.

Augustiner Munich Pils

Herbal aroma with a hint of spice.  Crisp and refreshing taste.  Good bitterness and strong malt flavour.

IMG_3247.JPG.9e59ea729dc0c59c0029121c9af06a6d.JPG

Giesinger Munique Heller Bock

Subtle fruity aroma.  Strong complex flavour and matched bitterness.

IMG_3248.JPG.91094d12582af43af514b13edd20c9e2.JPG

You are so lucky 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Brauhaus Fritz said:

Clean, smooth and bittersweet. I really love it. My try of a Munich Helles didn’t even get close to it,😂😂😂😂😂😂           I am just amazed how clear it is, and still but yet perfectly carbonated.I really like their beers, have a few more to try.

6F0FC497-8D93-4C8C-B6E8-32B1E34AEFE2.jpeg

9E4C2C28-09C4-449A-AA36-EE6939D4D233.jpeg

Yeah German Beers are great especially the Weihenstephaner range & others of course. I have some in the fridge, don't know why I am saving them, maybe it is time to break them out.

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Yeah German Beers are great especially the Weihenstephaner range & others of course. I have some in the fridge, don't know why I am saving them, maybe it is time to break them out.

did order  Beercartel German box after visiting the German club last weekend. Luckily I wasn't a beer drinker when I was still living in Germany, would be an alcoholic now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 9/21/2022 at 6:05 PM, Stickers said:

IMG_9907.thumb.jpg.3d89eeb323c3dbb906d37bb98c5f815b.jpg

red duck altitude 435 pale ale, ballarat, victoria

i was really enjoying this one, then the bum fell clean off the bottom of the glass and half of it hit the floor.

the brewer from red duck is a brewer  from my home brew club , can make some decent beers

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

Last night's German offerings.

Augustiner Munich Pils

Herbal aroma with a hint of spice.  Crisp and refreshing taste.  Good bitterness and strong malt flavour.

IMG_3247.JPG.9e59ea729dc0c59c0029121c9af06a6d.JPG

Giesinger Munique Heller Bock

Subtle fruity aroma.  Strong complex flavour and matched bitterness.

IMG_3248.JPG.91094d12582af43af514b13edd20c9e2.JPG

Giesing is the part of Munich my soccer team comes from, 1860 Munich. They may play 3rd grade these days but it is an older team than this other Munich team clad in red 🤮

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Aussiekraut said:

Giesing is the part of Munich my soccer team comes from, 1860 Munich. They may play 3rd grade these days but it is an older team than this other Munich team clad in red 🤮

No need to be ashamed. My team is Hertha BSC who somehow always avoids relegation with a really strong squad. I might have to swop alliance to the metalworker team from the former Arbeiter und Bauern State, Union Berlin. Unity is what we need in this time and age

Edited by Brauhaus Fritz
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2