Coopers Community

Todays tastings

supernerdy

On 9/6/2022 at 10:42 PM, PintsMeLocal said:

All naturally made products have a best by date matey 👍🍻

Our ales and stouts are bottle-conditioned, just like your home brew. The Best After date is kind of like a "line in the sand", ten days post-packaging. So if the beer is packaged on the 12th of January, the BA date is the 22nd. We measure all quality parameters such as alcohol, bitterness, apparent extract, esters, etc. on that day and taste the beer as well but it's not released for sale on that day, that's usually another two or three weeks later.  When that batch of beer needs to be cleared for release, all these parameters are tested again and the beer is taste tested by at least three members of our Tasting Panel. Assuming the beer meets Quality standards it is released for sale.  

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Coopers DIY Beer Team said:

Our ales and stouts are bottle-conditioned, just like your home brew. The Best After date is kind of like a "line in the sand", ten days post-packaging. So if the beer is packaged on the 12th of January, the BA date is the 22nd. We measure all quality parameters such as alcohol, bitterness, apparent extract, esters, etc. on that day and taste the beer as well but it's not released for sale on that day, that's usually another two or three weeks later.  When that batch of beer needs to be cleared for release, all these parameters are tested again and the beer is taste tested by at least three members of our Tasting Panel. Assuming the beer meets Quality standards it is released for sale.  

It must be a bloody rigorous regime.

You let me know when you need someone to fill in for that awfully arduous tasting job.

• Haha 7

1 minute ago, kmar92 said:

Coopers flagship brew...........and no complaints here! Going down well on a cool and cloudy arvo.

Yumm @kmar92 KMar and pretty interesting to see that really nice small tiny bubble structure in the frothy top!

A great natural reinheitsgebot Brew and one Coopers and Australia can be proud of!

@Coopers DIY Beer Team Frank and Team - can you guys advise whereabouts the Malts come from... in Aussie? 

Growing Regions?

Sorta thinking that they might be South Aussie... 

And what range of malts and hops you use - if it is not a Company Secret...

It just is such a Benchmark of Aussie Beer : )

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

On 9/5/2022 at 8:23 AM, Tone boy said:

Lost for words Popo @Popo?

Ha, yeah something like that. Had trouble uploading the pics then the lost the text.

On 9/5/2022 at 7:16 AM, Brauhaus Fritz said:

I had a Blood Orange ipa a while ago (different brand) and it was pretty good. And the Coopers? Sensational

I enjoyed it the blood orange. One was enough though.

Yeah, the Coopers was pretty good. I was actually prepared not to like it but was pleasantly surprised.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Popo said:

Ha, yeah something like that. Had trouble uploading the pics then the lost the text.

I enjoyed it the blood orange. One was enough though.

Yeah, the Coopers was pretty good. I was actually prepared not to like it but was pleasantly surprised.

That's the Blood Orange one I had, was on special at Dan's, quiet nice

IMG_2945.JPG

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1