Coopers Community

Todays tastings

supernerdy

4 hours ago, kmar92 said:

Sampling a red IPA that was brewed from a FWK. Quite a strong maltiness, both in aroma and taste, quite a toasty taste. Quite bitter, IBU around 60. Malts are ale, Munich, aromatic and Shepherd's Delight. Hops are Columbus , Citra, Simcoe and Mosaic. This may benefit from some ageing in the keg.

2080e.JPG

throw that red my way any day of the week  , that looks tasty.  red ales and red ryes are my goto at the moment

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Pale Man said:

Yeah @jennyss  she's never too far behind no matter what I'm up to.

I call her velcro dog, always stuck to me.

What a Beautiful Girl : )      My Boy is usually not far away but he don't like the gas hissing out of a keg if you do a PRV release... not impressed with that at all 😕  mmmm.... Nor storms or stormy weather of any kind...but can travel in a car for 12 hours without worrying a bit 🙂

And very happy to hang out and watch people drink AG : )

image.thumb.png.e3045cd1d79adaec0380783a7abcd913.png

Edited by Itinerant Peasant
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

First I thought that a steam ale is a beer that you can drink in the sauna. And this one you could, light , crisp and citrusy. A nice drop indeed. An Ale cold fermented with lager yeast. The ROTM Cold Front IPA is the same idea, maybe a bit hoppier. I am curious now if it will be similar.

85F151AC-FA2F-40F2-8820-F5763DA68DF8.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Brauhaus Fritz said:

First I thought that a steam ale is a beer that you can drink in the sauna. And this one you could, light , crisp and citrusy. A nice drop indeed. An Ale cold fermented with lager yeast. The ROTM Cold Front IPA is the same idea, maybe a bit hoppier. I am curious now if it will be similar.

I like all of their beers especially the original. 

52 minutes ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

My Boy is usually not far away but he don't like the gas hissing out of a keg if you do a PRV release... not impressed with that at all 

@Itinerant Peasant, I had a cattle dog called Fred many years ago. OK in the car, except when I drove over a cattle grid - he would go ballistic.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, jennyss said:

@Itinerant Peasant, I had a cattle dog called Fred many years ago. OK in the car, except when I drove over a cattle grid - he would go ballistic.

Cattle dogs definitely have their quirks, not for everyone. Milly absolutely detests the postman. Our front yard is fenced off, but when he goes past she loses her noodles and he almost falls off the bike. I obviously avoid letting her out around the time he's due.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Brauhaus Fritz said:

I always thought a steam beer was a beer brewed with lager yeast at ale temperatures. Thus the term " steam ".......If its an ale fermented at lager temperature with lager yeast, its a lager 🤔

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

I always thought a steam beer was a beer brewed with lager yeast at ale temperatures. Thus the term " steam ".......If its an ale fermented at lager temperature with lager yeast, its a lager 🤔

You are absolutely right, only the boys from Mountain goat reversed the idea, and it’s organic 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Brauhaus Fritz said:

Yeah, no fancy addition and great balance of sweetness and bitterness and perfect mouthfeel. I just can’t find a website for zytho

Good Call @Brauhaus Fritz BF

There is some corporate company stuff going on here that I cannot unravel but that our man @iBooz2 Boozer might be able to help explain what is going on re from a Company Structure... @iBooz2 Boozer can you help maybe?

I believe that... they are from around Goulburn NSW  in the vicinity of the Nation's Capital.

https://www.tribebreweries.com/breweries

If I am on the road I really like their light blue tin IPA which I cannot also find right now on their website...

image.thumb.png.508a44fa37ad80b4d070101ba1f516a7.png

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

Good Call @Brauhaus Fritz BF

There is some corporate company stuff going on here that I cannot unravel but that our man @iBooz2 Boozer might be able to help explain what is going on re from a Company Structure... @iBooz2 Boozer can you help maybe?

I believe that... they are from around Goulburn NSW  in the vicinity of the Nation's Capital.

https://www.tribebreweries.com/breweries

If I am on the road I really like their light blue tin IPA which I cannot also find right now on their website...

image.thumb.png.508a44fa37ad80b4d070101ba1f516a7.png

I delved a little deeper into Zytho Brewing, apparently they are based in Goulburn as @Itinerant Peasant pointed out. I was surprised though to find that Zytho Brewing is owned by Endeavour Group, Endeavour Group is a subsidiary of Woolworths. Endeavour is probably most well known as the owner of the Dan Murphy's chain. Surprised me.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, kmar92 said:

I delved a little deeper into Zytho Brewing, apparently they are based in Goulburn as @Itinerant Peasant pointed out. I was surprised though to find that Zytho Brewing is owned by Endeavour Group, Endeavour Group is a subsidiary of Woolworths. Endeavour is probably most well known as the owner of the Dan Murphy's chain. Surprised me.

Correct, I discovered that when I was looking for a few brands that were exclusive to WW & Dan's, Pinnacle Drinks is another.

Some of them are pretty good.

https://www.bing.com/ck/a?!&&p=fe1b5f7fcb307d7cJmltdHM9MTY2MTI5NTQ0MyZpZ3VpZD00MzY1NDg1ZC1hNTMyLTRmNzMtOWUyZi1jNDY0MmMwMmM5NTUmaW5zaWQ9NTE5OA&ptn=3&hsh=3&fclid=f2ef3ad0-2336-11ed-8a23-fd0ec7165855&u=a1aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuYmVlcmFuZGJyZXdlci5jb20vcGlubmFjbGUtZHJpbmtzLXJlbGVhc2UtbGF0ZXN0LWJlZXItYnJhbmQv&ntb=1

John Boston is another.

https://www.bing.com/ck/a?!&&p=6de365d16872e12bJmltdHM9MTY2MTI5NTU2NCZpZ3VpZD0xMWVjZDhhNy1hZjdjLTRmY2ItYjI5Zi1kZjExNWUyNWNhYWYmaW5zaWQ9NTE4OQ&ptn=3&hsh=3&fclid=3b5bd3c4-2337-11ed-a8d4-34b567f00905&u=a1aHR0cHM6Ly9qb2huYm9zdG9uLmNvbS5hdS8&ntb=1

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

The plot thickens, apparently The Endeavour Group own BWS & Dan Murphy's & all of the ALH Hotels.

Sales stagnate but profits up at Endeavour Group

its one reason why i support breweries , then uncle dans,bws  etc  even coles  (cant remember the big name who has them) they have hotels and liquerland , first choice and vintage cellars .

if i am looking for craft beer and have no fuss  i may order from places like Carwyn cellars or blackhearts and Sparrow  

i just rather provide very little coinage as i can to  the big boys like endeavour group etc  and if i buy a ctn  of carlton draught  i buy that from mates bottle shop

dont get me wrong  i still use dans but  only if i need 2   and its very rare.  

support ya breweries not the big boys

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, ozdevil said:

its one reason why i support breweries , then uncle dans,bws  etc  even coles  (cant remember the big name who has them) they have hotels and liquerland , first choice and vintage cellars .

if i am looking for craft beer and have no fuss  i may order from places like Carwyn cellars or blackhearts and Sparrow  

i just rather provide very little coinage as i can to  the big boys like endeavour group etc  and if i buy a ctn  of carlton draught  i buy that from mates bottle shop

dont get me wrong  i still use dans but  only if i need 2   and its very rare.  

support ya breweries not the big boys

I agree about supporting breweries & I do, however spare a thought for those not working full time &/or on the pension. 

There are big savings on liquor at the Supermarket Bottle Shops so they certainly have their place, with food prices going up constantly it is a help for those that need them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I agree about supporting breweries & I do, however spare a thought for those not working full time &/or on the pension. 

There are big savings on liquor at the Supermarket Bottle Shops so they certainly have their place, with food prices going up constantly it is a help for those that need them.

Phil, i dont work full time  mate,  i do spare a thought for those on the pension..  

I understand you do support  breweries 

i agree there is big savings at the supermarket and their bottleshops to be made..  there always will  be a need for them.

i'm kind off a lucky person  i choose to alway support local community or my breweries  or  craft beer bottleshops

I am not about stopping you or anyone for that matter not buying where they want to shop. 

as i said i still buy Carlton draught or coopers pale ale (i don't consider it a craft beer these days) and buy from a small bottleshop which doesn't have much craft beer   ..

i'm just saying   there is some dam great beers  out there that these big chainstores you will never see in them.   

but i am not going to stop the average  joe blow spending his cash where they want   if thats all they can afford , i dont make no judgements   even if they just buy vb all their life  

• Like 1

PIRATE LIFE SUNLIT AUSSIE WHEAT ALE 4.6% ABV

From the boys down the Port, I have had quite a few of there beers in takeaway form & at the Brewery,

this is a nice drink, seems a little light at first but it grows on you.

20220825_153553.thumb.jpg.561db553d3a18249fcf008ee12d08c84.jpg

Sunlit Aussie Wheat Bear pours cloudy, offers clean citrus aromas before lemon zest, grapefruit and a herbaceous finish. Not too flowery, definitely refreshing and sessionable at 4.6 per cent.

• Like 5