Coopers Community

What Are You Drinking in 2022?

Pezzza

Just a quiet Coopers Dark Ale, nothing to write home about or as good as some of the Stouts I have seen on here recently however this is very pleasant to drink, due to the foolproof, reliable cans of extract that Coopers put out, eventually I will run out of the k & k beers I have in stock & next week I get to taste my first AG effort.

I am looking forward to my new kegging adventure so I hope I can combine the AG brews & match or better what I have been used to all of these years with k & k.

Cheers

Phil

20220425_160805.thumb.jpg.57476c0457d02fc392001afbbaad5eb2.jpg

• Like 7

0DAA493C-4BFF-4950-B52B-7CE4016FCB13.thumb.jpeg.9bdfd9dc74edcbc89f76c2198f76adaf.jpeg0836EE2F-1146-4121-914E-9DFE5136FC7A.thumb.jpeg.56c5592ede213a25930ed15cbb2fb316.jpeg

AF210866-43CF-4AED-B3D2-DCCE5FCBC6AA.thumb.jpeg.27f94c6023ce08c89a8da9aaa8d6e516.jpeg

Trying out the sampler bottle of my Coopers Passionfruit Pale Ale.

1/2 a can of Coopers Pale Ale extract, a little LDME and crystal malt. Cascade and Galaxy hops both steeped and dry hopped. Nottingham Ale yeast. 1kg of fresh Passionfruit pulp from our vines.

At only 3 weeks it’s a touch young but will be a really nice ale with a little bit more time.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, DavidM said:

Cooper's Brew A, Just over 4 weeks in the bottle, It's Good.

20220425_155105.thumb.jpg.c297427f53c2be6c6b6d33f6074d5f2c.jpg

Nice looking brew mate 👍.

I'm pleased to see you came up with the same colour as me - I thought I had done something wrong as mine turned out amber coloured. Great brew, whatever the colour, but pretty potent...

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Greenyinthewestofsydney said:

Asian Lager while watching the final NRL game of the week. Massive fan of sorachi ace for the Asian Lager. The noble hops work well too but something about sorachi ace with the lightly malted and dry body that just makes it nicer.

20220425_200427.jpg

How did you hop with sorachi? Just bittering or late additions too?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Greenyinthewestofsydney said:

15gm at 60 mins. 15gm at whirlpool for 21 IBU. Not traditional as it's usually a 10 or 15 min addition but I think it's nicer at whirlpool. 

Nice. ive got some Sorachi and Lallemand Diamond yeast lying around, i'm getting inspired. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, stquinto said:

Great brew, whatever the colour, but pretty potent...

Yes it has great colour but I keep the ABV down to around 4.5

Comparison with the Wife's Woolies lager

20220425_155708.thumb.jpg.5a1ed6da85d429b0ab81ce3f5049ae43.jpg

Edited by DavidM
Added Pic.
  • Like 9

13 hours ago, Greenyinthewestofsydney said:

Asian Lager while watching the final NRL game of the week. Massive fan of sorachi ace for the Asian Lager. The noble hops work well too but something about sorachi ace with the lightly malted and dry body that just makes it nicer.

20220425_200427.jpg

@Greenyinthewestofsydney, I love your photo; really sets the scene

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Greenyinthewestofsydney said:

20220425_200427.jpg

I have a rice lager in the FV and will keg it on the weekend. I hope I can get something as clear and clean as yours. I used nobles as I only recently learnt about Sorachi. What I tasted when I took a sample was rather promising, despite the initial worry on brew day. What yeast did you use?

Edited by Aussiekraut
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Aussiekraut said:

I have a rice lager in the FV and will keg it on the weekend. I hope I can get something as clear and clean as yours. I used nobles as I only recently learnt about Sorachi. What I tasted when I took a sample was rather promising, despite the initial worry on brew day. What yeast did you use?

This was W34/70. I use it most of the time. WY2000 Budvar makes an awesome one too but it's a seasonal release these days 

• Like 3

On 4/24/2022 at 1:13 PM, RDT2 said:

Can’t believe I have Nitro at home this is unbelievably good just like the pub Guinness , well not far off anyway, so happy 😁 nice and creamy and appear to have the gas worked out!

4834FD0C-F25D-4E87-A94D-32E8312554BA.jpeg

Out of interest mate, did you sour the brew at all ? I came across this article (and others along the same lines) :

https://homebrewacademy.com/guinness-recipe/

recommending putting lactic acid in. Wondered if anyone has tried it. Guinness has a "bite" to it which isn't quite there in some of the other stouts I've tried. I fancy giving an AG version a go. 

Cheers

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stquinto said:

Out of interest mate, did you sour the brew at all ? I came across this article (and others along the same lines) :

https://homebrewacademy.com/guinness-recipe/

recommending putting lactic acid in. Wondered if anyone has tried it. Guinness has a "bite" to it which isn't quite there in some of the other stouts I've tried. I fancy giving an AG version a go. 

Cheers

No I didn’t but pretty happy with this beer. Might try some acid malt next time maybe, maybe not, probably try a caffreys style next time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A rather tasty red ale. Just a sampler as it was only kegged yesterday but it has carbonated very well. I reckon that this will be a ripper with a bit of age! Pressure fermented and closed transfer, hence the good carbonation. Used a generous amount of carared and melanoiden in the mash.

1960e.jpg

• Like 15

33 minutes ago, kmar92 said:

A rather tasty red ale. Just a sampler as it was only kegged yesterday but it has carbonated very well. I reckon that this will be a ripper with a bit of age! Pressure fermented and closed transfer, hence the good carbonation. Used a generous amount of carared and melanoiden in the mash.

1960e.jpg

Looks good mate nice colour! 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, kmar92 said:

1960e.jpg

lovely colour and a nice head for such a young brew

i love my red ales. one of my next brews is going to be a Red rye ipa which i am looking forward to

• Like 2

14 hours ago, kmar92 said:

1960e.jpg

That looks very promising mate! Another one to add to the list…

• Like 1

16 hours ago, kmar92 said:

Looks really great mate, nice smooth head.

• Like 1

Mosaic Pale Ale. Kegged last night. I'll admit I force carbed as an experiment. I'm glad I did. What a lovely creamy beer. Mosaic comes out beautifully with a nice round bitterness. This keg won't last long. A recipe that's going in my stable. This beer reminds me of why I love home brewing. I'm arriving.

20220427_213512.jpg

• Like 8