Coopers Community

What Are You Drinking in 2022?

Pezzza

2 hours ago, Marty_G said:

Is your recipe around for that?

This is just the Morgans Kit clone brew.  See the full recipe via the red highlighted link in my post.  The kit included a dry hop of Galaxy and Cascade.  Interestingly, most of the all grain clones on Brewfather only include Galaxy.  This looks like how you do it.  Not sure why the Morgans recipe includes Cascade.

I would have normally done an all grain version, but I heard that the Morgans kit got pretty close.

• Like 3

On 4/7/2022 at 8:04 AM, Red devil 44 said:

What the guys & gals will be drinking Saturday night for my wife’s 50th.

‘In the Kegerator outside is 

Passionfruit & Peach Cider (popular request from last years party from the ladies, polished a keg off in a night they did, pi$$ pots 😂😂)

And my second go at the AG Samuel Adam’s Boston Lager for the lads.

‘In the brew cave in the keezer is an 

AG Blue Moon Clone, AG Session Ale, MJ,s Juicy Session IPA and a K&K Hefeweizen. 

Drink up lads 🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻

CE6B978D-A3BD-47C8-9FEA-83CB1AD67CE3.jpeg

Brilliant  setup RD 💪👏👍

I fancy another go at the Sam Adams AG. I did one and bottled it but some of the bottles are over-carbed and when opening it stirs up the yeast and makes it cloudy. Great candidate for kegging.

I’ve missed my window for using lager yeast where I am though - the cellar/garage is 16 degrees at night and a bit more during the day.

Happy birthday to Mrs RD 🎂

Edited by stquinto
Typo
  • Like 4

35 minutes ago, stquinto said:

Brilliant  setup RD 💪👏👍

I fancy another go at the Sam Adams AG. I did one and bottled it but some of the bottles are over-carbed and when opening it stirs up the yeast and makes it cloudy. Great candidate for kegging.

I’ve missed my window for using lager yeast where I am though - the cellar/garage is 16 degrees at night and a bit more during the day.

Happy birthday to Mrs RD 🎂

Yeah cheers @stquinto.

The Sam Adams seemed to go down well with the punters at the party, it’s on my stock standard AG list now, along with the Blue Moon Clone & the Hoegaarden.

Birthday went well, nobody got too drunk, sort of 🥴 

• Haha 5

8 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Hey RD is that a hair of the dog after last night 🙃 looks very nice though, go for it.

Yeah @Classic Brewing Cojust a few quiet ones this arvo, watching the Sharks roll the Tigers in the NRL. 
Then Cooking Salmon fillets, Sweet Potato Mash, Asparagus & Hollandaise Sauce for the bride ( her favourite). 

Edited by Red devil 44
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Red devil 44 said:

Yeah just a few quiet ones this arvo, watching the Sharks roll the Tigers in the NRL. 
Then Cooking Salmon fillets, Sweet Potato Mash, Asparagus & Hollandaise Sauce for the bride ( her favourite). 

Good Man, sounds nice, I love Salmon especially crispy skin as I imagine most would.

• Like 3

Start with a glass of Real IPA. Getting to the end of the keg (I hope). 19l is a bit much for me by myself. I might invest im a few more 10l ones but I’ve got enough for the moment. 
Followed by a Black Sheep ale. Happy with that one. Happy with them both TBH

481FC86B-F881-4500-90BB-C431A96556C1.jpeg

885C6520-3161-415A-99DA-6A531908A03D.jpeg

69CC509B-9D7F-4904-A133-00CFBC818C3E.jpeg

• Like 11

7 hours ago, PintsAtMeLocal said:

Boys and Girls I mixed dark ale and Stout in a pitcher. Naughty 

In Australia or South Australia anyway we call a Beer mixed with a Stout a Black & Tan, I am not sure what you would call yours but you can brew the two together & you have a Toucan, which is very nice.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, stquinto said:

Start with a glass of Real IPA. Getting to the end of the keg (I hope). 19l is a bit much for me by myself. I might invest im a few more 10l ones but I’ve got enough for the moment. 
Followed by a Black Sheep ale. Happy with that one. Happy with them both TBH

Fine looking drinks Stquinta, judging by the photos of beers you post I wouldn't have thought 19l would be too much for you 🤣

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

This is just the Morgans Kit clone brew.  See the full recipe via the red highlighted link in my post.  The kit included a dry hop of Galaxy and Cascade.  Interestingly, most of the all grain clones on Brewfather only include Galaxy.  This looks like how you do it.  Not sure why the Morgans recipe includes Cascade.

I would have normally done an all grain version, but I heard that the Morgans kit got pretty close.

I'd been doing the Morgan's recipe using the Pacific ale kit with Coopers wheat Malt extract and also using Galaxy/Cascade at 2:1 ratio and ended up dropping the Cascade....after dropping the Cascade it tasted way better for my liking.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, interceptor said:

@Aussiekraut you used Philly Sour???? How did that go?

Awesome 🙂 

I really like what it does, because I don't have to infect my beer with nasties to make it sour. 

Nice sour flavour in the finished product. I've made 4 batches so far and as hard as it is to admit, I love them all. In fact, 2 of the 4 kegs in the kegerator are sours atm.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, Aussiekraut said:

2 of the 4 kegs in the kegerator are sours atm.

OMG, you went from trying the sour's to Loving it in a very short time.

Still not for me but that could just mean I've not tried a Good one.🍻

• Like 1

I bottled my last k & k beer yesterday, Coopers Pale Ale & I have been trying to age a few batches of different beers, English Bitter, Dark Ale etc but I keep sneaking a bottle into the fridge each week. This is a Dark Ale which is getting better day by day.

Head retention is quite good but these Butcher glasses have been in the Bar Fridge, when they come to room temp it is a lot foamier.

Oh did I say it taste's nice too.

690368087_DARKALE.thumb.jpg.dc40109e37710ff16835e8269cd3f462.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 1