Coopers Community

What Are You Drinking in 2022?

Pezzza

My own Black Sheep Ale (left) v the real McCoy. Colour’s a bit off, but I’m happy with the rest. Mine’s kegged which really improves this style - English-style bitters aren’t at their best from a bottle. For that reason I prefer my own version (at the risk of humblebragging, or maybe just old fashioned bragging…), but certainly cheaper anyway!

5C8C7495-1663-463D-BB85-8B5C851CB3F5.jpeg

C01D9B69-77D2-4171-BC9C-4A2104AE5685.jpeg

57B1E1AB-0B68-44E4-9CB2-87F142A2B190.jpeg

• Like 12

10 hours ago, iBooz2 said:

So no longer and AG virgin huh? 

Well done Phil, look forward to reports and tasting notes on this one and others down the track - cheers.

Cheers AL things seem to working as they should, day 3 & the old slow US-05 has fired up & the airlock working overtime, so it must be beer that I have made.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Greenyinthewestofsydney said:

Nah mate. Just the primary yeast. I cold crash these but don't fine.

Good stuff mate 😉

So that ice cream top is more from the yeast than the carbonation in the bottle ? Interesting... 

I have a keg of the clone I accidentally froze that will be ready in a cuppla days. I might leave it until after Easter.

I will get another brew on to bottle. I opened a pack of the F2 yeast to get 2g out for the keg-conditioning. It's been kept in the fridge. I would like to use more from the pack (18g left), even though you're supposed to use it within a week. Reckon I'll chance it...

• Like 1

Just trying a Coopers Dark Ale just on 2 weeks old, it needs a bit more time but shows promise, it's just good to have something different in the fridge. I haven't got any fenceposts set in a rural paradise like our good friend @Itinerant Peasant but you have to make do in the big smoke.  After a few mouthfuls it starts to grow on you. Happy Saturday - Go the Crows 🥳

20220402_141522.thumb.jpg.892eb0ff805fa828d175a3fcd6a6a1db.jpg20220402_141948.thumb.jpg.a58ef30041c4779a49f5cc234e024f5e.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

Now a Coopers English Bitter.

This is surprisingly good for just over 2 weeks, really nicely carbonated, nice fresh hop bite & the bitterness is pleasant, I am happy with this. It is going to be interesting to see how my AG beers compare with the k & k's  I have been doing for years.

1706290877_CoopersEnglishBitter2422.thumb.jpg.49b4c5a9c95e6baa1abd73994f54a0db.jpg

Edited by Classic Brewing Co
  • Like 7

3 hours ago, Brauhaus Fritz said:

After organising my Beer dungeon I found two more bottles of this quiet pleasant brew.

“Woodforde’s Tinsel Toe Roasted Malt Fusion”

A Ruby Ale with an ABV 4.5% and after 6.5 month in the bottle it’s still going down nicely.

That won't open for me old chap. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Brauhaus Fritz said:

It worked on my phone, but here on the Pc not, strange. 

If you are posting from an iPhone, it makes perfect sense. By default iPhones use the high efficiency settings, meaning the photos are in HEIF (high efficiency image format) and the videos in HEVC (high efficiency video coding) formats, both of which Windows 10/11 won't understand unless you install an appropriate codec. Macs have no problem, as long as the website the video comes from supports the container/format. To top it off, videos on iPhones are usually in a .mov container, which most PCs can't use because Apple pulled Quicktime for Windows years ago due to security concerns. If you still have it installed, it should all work fine.

You need to change the format settings for the camera app to "most compatible" (settings/camera/formats) and at least the photos will work. Not sure about the vids as they still use .mov as the container, instead of .mp4 or .m4v.

Hth

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Aussiekraut said:

If you are posting from an iPhone, it makes perfect sense. By default iPhones use the high efficiency settings, meaning the photos are in HEIF (high efficiency image format) and the videos in HEVC (high efficiency video coding) formats, both of which Windows 10/11 won't understand unless you install an appropriate codec. Macs have no problem, as long as the website the video comes from supports the container/format. To top it off, videos on iPhones are usually in a .mov container, which most PCs can't use because Apple pulled Quicktime for Windows years ago due to security concerns. If you still have it installed, it should all work fine.

You need to change the format settings for the camera app to "most compatible" (settings/camera/formats) and at least the photos will work. Not sure about the vids as they still use .mov as the container, instead of .mp4 or .m4v.

Hth

Thanks Aussiekraut, yeah I am using an IPhone. The photos work so. Makes sense

• Like 2

my sierra nevada clone  2nd pour from the tap after 5 days on gas

its yummy as , but 1 thing i would do if i brew it again is dry hop with Cryo  hops  , dont get me wrong  i just dont think it needs it1061249643_SIERRANEVADA.thumb.jpg.ed2f64c2eed3a59628bb95dabd3bdf65.jpg

• Like 7

Yeah, found the right thread🤣

I don't know how Belgian Style Ale is supposed to taste (never had one), but by now I really enjoy my brew. in the beginning it had a weird aftertaste but today after exactly 6 month it's a really enjoyable drop. I used the Muntons Belgian Style Ale Kit. Made with Saison yeast you syphon the wort after about 5 days into a new fermenter, add some light dry malt and a cup of the lees and keep it fermenting, in my case another 16 days. With an ABV of 5.8 % it's not easy drinking but highly enjoyable. I might even do it again.

1269951012_BelgianStyleAle.thumb.jpeg.a5e7dc261ebdec06ae23f8d2251f8d09.jpeg

Edited by Brauhaus Fritz
  • Like 9
  • Haha 1

My Black Sheep ale, kegged. Much, much happier with the hops. I used the amount  for a 25l recipe even though it’s only 19l.

Good move 👍

Spring is starting here: had a false alarm last week - I went out in shorts - then next day it snowed 🥶

5CFDAB64-0C79-457C-AF5A-125293BD5F89.jpeg

63416966-8646-4E97-95A0-148DA8C3DF04.jpeg

• Like 8

On 4/2/2022 at 9:47 AM, ozdevil said:

my sierra nevada clone  2nd pour from the tap after 5 days on gas

its yummy as , but 1 thing i would do if i brew it again is dry hop with Cryo  hops  , dont get me wrong  i just dont think it needs it1061249643_SIERRANEVADA.thumb.jpg.ed2f64c2eed3a59628bb95dabd3bdf65.jpg

Looks bloody good Oz mate, I like Sierra Nevada. You would dry hop or not next time?

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, stquinto said:

Looks bloody good Oz mate, I like Sierra Nevada. You would dry hop or not next time?

well  i wont use cryo cascade  to do it may just use normal cascade   or just try with out the dry hop

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The last of the Coopers Bootmaker Pale Ale 😂

This is magnificent absolutely at it's peak, 5 months in the bottle & I have one left in the fridge, I will be drinking it tomorrow, no sharing.  🤣

I want to try & make something similar with my new AG venture as Coopers have made it too easy to make a great brew with cans of extract so I will have to study up on the recipe.

20220405_165144.jpg

• Like 10