Coopers Community

What Are You Drinking in 2022?

Pezzza

1 minute ago, Stickers said:

what's your secondary/bottle carb method @Brauhaus Fritz? it seems quite a successful one based on the beers you post

I use 2 carbonation drops for longnecks and 1 drop for 330ml bottles. after some exploding bottles I am experimenting with  1 Drop or one measuring spoon for 500ml and 640 ml bottles. Saying this, yesterday I had for the first time one long neck of the Wai-iti Ale exploding. Why? no idea yet

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

23 minutes ago, PintsAtMeLocal said:

Can I ask for the recipe mate? Gonna do one next. 

Easy: K&K LDM, 200g Brewing Sugar (It was what the shop had on the day).

Jar of slurry from the last batch of Pale.

Tin Yeast.

It don't get much simpler (I did forget to dry hop)

Smooth Easy Drinking..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just tried a long neck of my Smoty Ale,  ABV 5.1%. It is so dark. Tried to take a shot to show a bit more clarity and transparency, but even holding the glass against the light it is really this deep dark. Nice and bitter, not too flowery and sweet. Great head. I am happy with it. Will try a stubby later on, as I find (maybe it's just in my head) different sizes of bottles taste different. Would I do it again? Yes..

smoty Ale.jpeg

Edited by Brauhaus Fritz
  • Like 4

43 minutes ago, Brauhaus Fritz said:

Just tried a long neck of my Smoty Ale,  ABV 5.1%. It is so dark. Tried to take a shot to show a bit more clarity and transparency, but even holding the glass against the light it is really this deep dark. Nice and bitter, not too flowery and sweet. Great head. I am happy with it. Will try a stubby later on, as I find (maybe it's just in my head) different sizes of bottles taste different. Would I do it again? Yes..

It certainly is well carbed, looks nice. 👍

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

BAVARIAN WHEAT BEER

This is aging nicely but I am running out of it, I used liquid Wheat Malt & WB-06 in this - worked a treat, about 6 weeks in the bottle now & still a hint of the Tettnanger Hops.

WHEAT BEER BAVARIAN .jpg

Don't leave it for 6 weeks. A proper Bavarian Hefeweizen is best consumed fresh, no point ageing it. And please swirl up the yeast in the bottle and pour it into the glass. That's what every self respecting Bavarian does. It's part of the beer 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Aussiekraut said:

Don't leave it for 6 weeks. A proper Bavarian Hefeweizen is best consumed fresh, no point ageing it. And please swirl up the yeast in the bottle and pour it into the glass. That's what every self respecting Bavarian does. It's part of the beer 🙂 

I agree, it won't have time to age & I have been leaning on this brew a bit as not much stock apart from the 6 brews I have done since the move, I do as you say the tiny amount of sediment hardly clouds the beer, it is a very nice drop.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

This is aging nicely but I am running out of it, I used liquid Wheat Malt & WB-06 in this - worked a treat, about 6 weeks in the bottle now & still a hint of the Tettnanger Hops.

If you liked that, the Lallemand Munich Classic Wheat Yeast will blow your mind.

• Like 5

A quick break from the Wagon...  good mates not seen for many years now turning up for a visitation in a few days I decided best I check to see if the beer is going to be ok... tried the Amber Mozzie which is a tearer of balls... 

image.thumb.png.177bd7ea50788803a83b2248e685b8a1.png

The freshly milled Malts included Gladdy Pale, Voyager Vienna, Gladdy Wheat, and a tad of Voyager Rye...  

1011 FG and 5.9% ABV it has some classic IP Mountain Brewing good body and nice creamy texture ; )

... as well as the Magnificent Mozzie 🥳

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

A quick break from the Wagon...  good mates not seen for many years now turning up for a visitation in a few days I decided best I check to see if the beer is going to be ok... tried the Amber Mozzie which is a tearer of balls... 

Awesome IP, looks like a lovely drop, well earned too so Cheers Mate 🍻

• Like 3

First tasting of a Black Sheep AG, kegged in January. Much happier with the hop profile, it’s from the Graham Wheeler book and I used the amount for the 25l recipe even though this one is only 19l. Good move….

C94BBED3-49CE-4D14-BEE4-C6DEB68B5957.jpeg

9DAAE783-6078-41EC-8B33-3DE0D72BE6DE.jpeg

• Like 4