Coopers Community

What Are You Drinking in 2022?

Pezzza

4 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I deliberately saved a couple of Grolsch bottles just to see the difference, it really was incredible. I also knock mine off to early.

😂, I'm the same even with the Lager's. I must try a little self control and get some of these brews past the first couple of months. I was thinking now that I'm kegging I could hopefully "park" a few and let them mature - but who am I kidding. 🤣🍻

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Mickep said:

😂, I'm the same even with the Lager's. I must try a little self control and get some of these brews past the first couple of months. I was thinking now that I'm kegging I could hopefully "park" a few and let them mature - but who am I kidding. 🤣🍻

Yeah I know it was hard opening the Bar fridge everyday seeing those 2 bad boys in there but I have one for tonight 👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Look everybody a VB 😬 glass, I found it at the back of a row of schooner glasses on a shelf, I thought I would have a English Bitter in it, then I will throw the glass out 🤣

20220406_144343.thumb.jpg.c3079065da4704c406c4c8321cb13a24.jpg

I paid for a vb at the pub the other day

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 3

On 4/6/2022 at 6:01 AM, Mickep said:

I'll have to have a rethink on my timeline for this Classic - I was polishing the Bootmaker off in under a month. 😂

I will never forget about 18 months ago at the old house I found a box of Pale Ale that must have got other stuff put on top of it & it was forgotten about, when I discovered it it was 8 months old ( I label all boxes )  it was one of the best home brews I have had.

But I know what you mean it is very hard to try & store it for longer, squirrels seem to manage though - nut's for may ! 

• Haha 3

Just now, Red devil 44 said:

You are forgiven mate, gearing up for my wife’s 50th Birthday sat night, sorting glasses and came upon a xxxx one 🤮🤮

Yeah that's another one on my most hated list, it's a beer but just a beer, nothing to write home to Mama about. The problem is I find it hard to throw any beer glasses out with beer emblems no matter how horrid they must be, I am the Glass Man !!

My neighbors wife said to me the other night having a drink in the bar room "what are you going to do with all of these beer glasses"

WTF how do you answer that, I collect the bloody things.

• Haha 4

What the guys & gals will be drinking Saturday night for my wife’s 50th.

‘In the Kegerator outside is 

Passionfruit & Peach Cider (popular request from last years party from the ladies, polished a keg off in a night they did, pi$$ pots 😂😂)

And my second go at the AG Samuel Adam’s Boston Lager for the lads.

‘In the brew cave in the keezer is an 

AG Blue Moon Clone, AG Session Ale, MJ,s Juicy Session IPA and a K&K Hefeweizen. 

Drink up lads 🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻

CE6B978D-A3BD-47C8-9FEA-83CB1AD67CE3.jpeg

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, Red devil 44 said:

Passionfruit & Peach Cider (popular request from last years party from the ladies, polished a keg off in a night they did, pi$$ pots 😂😂)

AG Blue Moon Clone, AG Session Ale, MJ,s Juicy Session IPA and a K&K Hefeweizen. 

Drink up lads 🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻

Looking good RD I am sure you will have a good night, nothing funnier than a group of Pi$$'d ladies, they sure do get noisy & stuff. 🍻

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Looking good RD I am sure you will have a good night, nothing funnier than a group of Pi$$'d ladies, they sure do get noisy & stuff. 🍻

Sure do mate, will be tunes cranking too.

Wife bought me a massive Bluetooth speaker for Xmas, time to give it a decent run. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Very happy with this marriage or Japanese hops and American lager grist I call, "Pearl Harbour" Lager.  Lovely hop characteristic with a tad of sweetness from the higher mash temp.  Great hop character from the Sorachi Ace.  This is a good beer. 

ABV: 3.9%

IBU ~23

BU:GU 0.54

OG: 1042

FG: 1012

EBC: 6.2

65% Weyermanns Pilsner

29% Flaked Corn

3% Acidulated

3% Carpils

Mash 60 minutes at 67c

Mashout @ 75c 10 minutes

Boil 60 Minutes

16 IBU Sorachi Ace FWH

7 IBU Sorachi Ace @ 10 minutes

Ferment:

Pressure @ 15psi 

Temp 22c

Yeast: 

1 litre starter of M54 Californian lager

sasaaasaasasaasaasasas.jpg

• Like 13

On 4/7/2022 at 4:04 PM, Red devil 44 said:

Drink up lads 🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻

CE6B978D-A3BD-47C8-9FEA-83CB1AD67CE3.jpeg

Love your wall RD, outstanding. Looks like a place you could settle right in to - and possibly knock down a few. 😉

• Haha 2

Side be side taste test: Commercial Stone & Wood Pacific Ale versus the Morgans clone

IMG_2911.JPG.f6bffaa8bdc464e1ea5c3885164dd0d1.JPG

Mine on the left.

Aroma

• Theirs: Sweet honey-like aroma plus a barely noticeable citrus dry hop aroma
  • Mine: Similar sweetness, but less so.  Good level of melon and citrus.

Flavour

• Theirs: Light tropical with a subtle bitterness
  • Mine: Pear dominated tropical flavour

Summary:  Mine was better, to my tastes.  The commercial version was sweeter tasting.  In their defence, theirs was canned on 18 July 2021 whereas mine was kegged on 31 March 2022. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

Side be side taste test: Commercial Stone & Wood Pacific Ale versus the Morgans clone

IMG_2911.JPG.f6bffaa8bdc464e1ea5c3885164dd0d1.JPG

Mine on the left.

Aroma

• Theirs: Sweet honey-like aroma plus a barely noticeable citrus dry hop aroma
  • Mine: Similar sweetness, but less so.  Good level of melon and citrus.

Flavour

• Theirs: Light tropical with a subtle bitterness
  • Mine: Pear dominated tropical flavour

Summary:  Mine was better, to my tastes.  The commercial version was sweeter tasting.  In their defence, theirs was canned on 18 July 2021 whereas mine was kegged on 31 March 2022. 

Is your recipe around for that?   I have done an S&W inspired brew a few times.  Pretty easy recipe really and ends up tasing great.  My recipe is 66% American 2 row and 34% Wheat malt.  A 30 minute boil with a 15 minute addition for 14IBU. A 5 minute for 7 IBU. Then another addition at flame out. Then whirlpooled for 20minutes at under 80c. If you want a 50g dry hop can be done.  All additions are galaxy. I made the schedule so the hot side additions were the same size @ 20g.  

I have done both a dry hoped and non dry hop version and both great. I prefer the non dry hopped as it is more taste and aroma stable for my drinking habits. 

• Like 1