Coopers Community

What Are You Drinking in 2022?

Pezzza

you get what you get and you don't get upset

IMG_9443.thumb.jpg.8334b18e8307f73a13a7414c06483aaa.jpg

i really like this one though. it's really similar to my last one, canadian can and BE3 with a partial of 100g amber malt, 200g red x, 700g or maris otter and i've only used centennial hops and 2 packs of cooper's R007 yeast.

• Like 11
  • Haha 2

Got the recent ESB on the pour. Not tasting too bad….I was a little unimpressed with this once ferment settled down. I’m not sure if my recipe isn’t great or these beers are just a little lack lustre to my palette. That considered, I lightly dry hopped it with Amarillo and mandarina Bavaria. Got a nice biscuity marmalade finish too it now which fits in well imo.

8F6203EC-56E3-441A-AB92-593E50E0B87F.jpeg

• Like 12
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Stickers said:

you get what you get and you don't get upset

IMG_9443.thumb.jpg.8334b18e8307f73a13a7414c06483aaa.jpg

i really like this one though. it's really similar to my last one, canadian can and BE3 with a partial of 100g amber malt, 200g red x, 700g or maris otter and i've only used centennial hops and 2 packs of cooper's R007 yeast.

I love a photo from the Stickers dungeon. 
If only those walls could talk!

• Haha 3

24 minutes ago, Tone boy said:

I love a photo from the Stickers dungeon. 
If only those walls could talk!

Yeah, Toner, I was thinking the same thing - very moody lighting as well. I think he's channeling Stanley Kubrick and "The Shining"

• Haha 2

A nice Hefeweizen. Hallertauer and Mandarina Bavaria hops. It didn’t ferment out and finished at 1.022 but it is still a nice beer. A little sweeter and at approx. 3.8 abv a little lighter than intended but nice to drink.Yes I know, I need to work on the serving pressure. Since I replaced the 1.8m beer lines with 3m ones my set and forget is out the window and I have never tapped a HW before.

FB2EDB3F-A307-4F9C-9A4C-707C5ABE6BAC.thumb.jpeg.5720f012c96da47187b0a952056bff18.jpeg

• Like 11

30 minutes ago, Aussiekraut said:

A nice Hefeweizen. Hallertauer and Mandarina Bavaria hops. It didn’t ferment out and finished at 1.022 but it is still a nice beer. A little sweeter and at approx. 3.8 abv a little lighter than intended but nice to drink.Yes I know, I need to work on the serving pressure. Since I replaced the 1.8m beer lines with 3m ones my set and forget is out the window and I have never tapped a HW before.

Looks good AK, love the glass too !! I am just coming into the kegging thing so it is going to be trial & error. I did get expert help with the set-up with an actual brewer so I feel I am in good hands. Cheers.

• Like 2

Sneak preview of the rice lager. It’s only a week in the keg and needs to clear up a bit more. The colour is what I had envisioned, it’s not overly bitter and has a nice malty taste for now. When I get back, it should be a very nice beer.

F74DECB4-C282-448E-9E56-DE0E4665B313.thumb.jpeg.79ef2a7ef39fe045ad649ebf46595d70.jpeg

• Like 15

1 hour ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

The AG APA is slowly developing more pronounced flavours as the stocks are dwindling 😬 I need to fire up the BrewZilla ASAP to coincide with additional kegs as they are added.  How the hell do we keep up 🤔

20220510_172148.thumb.jpg.8a591aae15579a1de6975758d10d7bde.jpg

With dedication and steely resolve. I know that you are to the task @Classic Brewing Co!

Edited by kmar92
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

The AG APA is slowly developing more pronounced flavours as the stocks are dwindling 😬 I need to fire up the BrewZilla ASAP to coincide with additional kegs as they are added.  How the hell do we keep up 🤔

We don't. It's an endless catch up game. Every time you think you are getting somewhere, something happens. It is a vicious circle 🙂

I am so glad you saw the light 🙂 I've been saying as well that I don't need AG because what I make is really good and all...until I went AG. It is a different world and while you can still make bad beers doing AG, and I made a few of them, most of them are simply better. They're fresher and you have (almost) full control over your beers. Almost because we do not malt our own grains or grow our own yeast 🙂 I am not dissing K'n'K or extract brewing because you can make some awesome beers but AG is just a different beast.

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, Aussiekraut said:

We don't. It's an endless catch up game. Every time you think you are getting somewhere, something happens. It is a vicious circle 🙂

I am so glad you saw the light 🙂 I've been saying as well that I don't need AG because what I make is really good and all...until I went AG. It is a different world and while you can still make bad beers doing AG, and I made a few of them, most of them are simply better. They're fresher and you have (almost) full control over your beers. Almost because we do not malt our own grains or grow our own yeast 🙂 I am not dissing K'n'K or extract brewing because you can make some awesome beers but AG is just a different beast.

Yeah Cheers, I have to totally agree, it all makes sense now, it seems overwhelmingly hard at first but if you break it up into stages, it's not so bad. There is a monetary factor & of course equipment increase but what the hell !! I am single, retired & I have plenty of room.

The money thing is forgotten once you start building your brewery, all you want is more lovely shiny stuff, OK I am new to it but after huge, much appreciated support on this great forum I am confident mow I can just move forward with it.

The fact that I have just started kegging really shouldn't hinder my progress with AG, it should enhance it. When all you dream about every night is all about brewing I guess that is a good thing as I feel enthused to get some great beers going.

Putting a k & k together now is like making a cup of coffee.

Cheers AK, have a good trip to Europe. 🍻

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Stickers said:

IMG_9467.thumb.jpg.4075ee6f77895467c7da3ce2b4353cad.jpg

the closest i get to clear beer.. this kegs about to blow

really enjoyed the centennial hops i used, going to make this one again

Looks bloody tasty Stickers 👍

I’ve never used centennial, must give it a whirl. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Mate, I'm a bit jealous of your drip-tray. I got two half-size ones but they need brackets to put them up. Also my fridge door is slightly curved. I just use a bucket on the floor, very "masculine" looking like it might be full of something else 😆

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, stquinto said:

Mate, I'm a bit jealous of your drip-tray. I got two half-size ones but they need brackets to put them up. Also my fridge door is slightly curved. I just use a bucket on the floor, very "masculine" looking like it might be full of something else 😆

Mate this are 40cm long, great, strong too. 

But don't worry your drip 'bucket' could double as a spittoon, as well as rest bucket 🤣

Door Mounted Drip Trays (40cm)

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

A naked Kegland FWK - Fresh3 Cube Lager.

Day 3 in the keg. Tastes remarkably balanced. But extremely bland. Needs a lift - not outta here but maybe a late hop addition.

No info on ingredients used in this kit. Not sure what's been used as the bittering hop but I assume something like POR.

280129180_7262897023780764_5280571244777553503_n.jpg

• Like 12