Coopers Community

What Are You Drinking in 2022?

Pezzza

29 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I put 3 Grolsch in the Bar Fridge this morning & I have got 2 left, have a guess what I am going to do.

Take the rest of the day off 🍻

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

FIRST AG BREW - AMERICAN PALE ALE 🥳 🎉👍

Well everyone, here it is my first ever AG brew, I was worried it was going to be a fail as I had issues on brew day. Here's me thinking it was going to taste like swamp water with little or no head. It is over carbed as I always do the same sugar measure in the Grolsch as Coopers largies.

I am a happy camper, it poured well ( a bit lively ) doesn't look to bad & it taste's bloody good !! I need to thank those of you that helped me through this transition as I was shooting in the dark a bit. I think now I will get it under control & to top it off I am just about to get into kegging.

Happy Days.

Cheers

Phil576465135_FIRSTAGAMERICANPALEALE1052022.thumb.jpg.f3a6db2987d404b03a89e94afd6c5e57.jpg634189999_FIRSTAGAMERICANPALEALE1052022.jpg2.thumb.jpg.3a720b5db0085c9501ef454962170a9a.jpg

Well done @Classic Brewing Co

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Well everyone, here it is my first ever AG brew, I was worried it was going to be a fail as I had issues on brew day. Here's me thinking it was going to taste like swamp water with little or no head. It is over carbed as I always do the same sugar measure in the Grolsch as Coopers largies.

I am a happy camper, it poured well ( a bit lively ) doesn't look to bad & it taste's bloody good !! I need to thank those of you that helped me through this transition as I was shooting in the dark a bit. I think now I will get it under control & to top it off I am just about to get into kegging.

Happy Days.

Cheers

Phil576465135_FIRSTAGAMERICANPALEALE1052022.thumb.jpg.f3a6db2987d404b03a89e94afd6c5e57.jpg634189999_FIRSTAGAMERICANPALEALE1052022.jpg2.thumb.jpg.3a720b5db0085c9501ef454962170a9a.jpg

Looks good @Classic Brewing Co, congratulations on your 1st AG and hoping to see many more good brews!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Happy Days.

Cheers

i love the colour of  the brew   , it looks great to drink

1st a.g   you didnt buuger it up becuase your drinking it

mate  your going to make mistakes weher they are small or big mistakes  you learn from it

but did you compare this with an extract beer

it looks great

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ozdevil said:

i love the colour of  the brew   , it looks great to drink

1st a.g   you didnt buuger it up becuase your drinking it

mate  your going to make mistakes weher they are small or big mistakes  you learn from it

but did you compare this with an extract beer

it looks great

Cheers for the comments, I was worried at first but I remember 2 weeks ago when I bottled it, I was happy with the look, smell of the brew so I had to wait until today (14 days) just to try one. Comparing with an extract brew is easy - it is simply better, it has more gut's.

The overall body of the beer including the head retention is enough evidence to know I have done the right thing. Cheers.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

The overall body of the beer including the head retention is enough evidence to know I have done the right thing. Cheers.

Well Done Phil.

Huge step up and I'm sure you are pleased now you are drinking the results of all that work/learning curve.

🍻

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Well Done Phil.

Huge step up and I'm sure you are pleased now you are drinking the results of all that work/learning curve.

🍻

Cheers David, Yep after all of these years mixing a can of stuff & adding water/yeast to it, I found it was time to move on, I am glad I did as now I cannot wait until the next brew. With the addition of kegging the beer takes it to the next level so here we go. Cheers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Cheers for the comments, I was worried at first but I remember 2 weeks ago when I bottled it, I was happy with the look, smell of the brew so I had to wait until today (14 days) just to try one. Comparing with an extract brew is easy - it is simply better, it has more gut's.

the big thing is you have made beer from scratch , the only thing you didnt do was mill it

i'm glad you see this the right thing. the worlds ya oyster now 

well done  Classic machine you mage beer 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Tone boy said:

First taste of a Coopers Canadian Light. Brewed with BE3, carapils and sucrose, Pride of Ringwood hops and lager yeast. 
Was aiming for a pub swill type thing. Pretty nice. Turned out clear too.,.68DBDE9B-BAC5-4562-BC9D-467BFDB00AF8.thumb.jpeg.61f5d42f1a7257eaa1b92e76e2678012.jpeg

Quite the looker mate 👍💪

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/1/2022 at 3:27 PM, Classic Brewing Co said:

Happy Days.

Cheers

Really well done Phil, we felt all the bumps with you mate, but the guys here are just so supportive and helped get you there. Same with my kegging journey. Very special place this. Thanks Coopers! The beer looks blaaaaarrrrdy marvelous mate great effort.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, DavidM said:

My last for this batch, will put another on this week.

Coopers Real Ale (Saphir Hops, won't be using them again, in an Ale)

20220502_161556.thumb.jpg.3bfe12d2b07a3a70778cb538343bedae.jpg 

20220502_163619.thumb.jpg.9a0bdd4f9f1733fd4d71716be08c602e.jpg

K&K Head to the End

Hey DavidM, great looking beer. Have I noticed just a slight step up in the photographic department mate - give IP @Itinerant Peasant and BS @BlackSands a run for their money. Take the rest of the day off. 😂

• Haha 5

On 5/1/2022 at 3:28 PM, Tone boy said:

First taste of a Coopers Canadian Light. Brewed with BE3, carapils and sucrose, Pride of Ringwood hops and lager yeast. 
Was aiming for a pub swill type thing. Pretty nice. Turned out clear too.,.68DBDE9B-BAC5-4562-BC9D-467BFDB00AF8.thumb.jpeg.61f5d42f1a7257eaa1b92e76e2678012.jpeg

Looks great Toner. What lager yeast did you use mate?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mickep said:

Really well done Phil, we felt all the bumps with you mate, but the guys here are just so supportive and helped get you there. Same with my kegging journey. Very special place this. Thanks Coopers! The beer looks blaaaaarrrrdy marvelous mate great effort.

Thank Mick I appreciate that, yes I agree without the support from this forum it would not have been possible, also a special thank you to @Itinerant Peasantfor phone & SMS help on brew day, a real helping hand when I needed it most, Thanks Mate.

That one is a bit heady but the couple of I have had since them have poured a little better, I cannot wait to get another batch going in the BrewZilla. Then of course this week I start the kegging journey.

I tasted Hops as I had never tasted them before & of course the head retention is great.

Cheers.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Mickep said:

Hey DavidM, great looking beer. Have I noticed just a slight step up in the photographic department mate - give IP @Itinerant Peasant and BS @BlackSands a run for their money. Take the rest of the day off. 😂

Ha, no step up in photographic world, just got lucky with this shot.

It's a good view overlooking the Wheelie Bins...😀🍻

• Haha 3