Coopers Community

RDWHAHB - WHAT ARE YOU DRINKING IN 2019?

Titan

Just kegged the Smokey Baltic Porter. Had to pour a little taste. Smoke very subtle. Colour spot on. This is going to be a ripper. Bottled twelve 750ml, rest went into my 10l keg.

20190210_151124.jpg

Edited by Titan
Spell
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, Titan said:

Just kegged the Smokey Baltic Porter. Had to pour a little taste. Smoke very subtle. Colour spot on. This is going to be a ripper. Bottled twelve 750ml, rest went into my 10l keg.

20190210_151124.jpg

Nice colour!! 

What percentage of smoked malt did you use?? 

Beer Baron

Trying 2 new ones today. Kitchen bench photo is the best I can be bothered to do 🙂

Coopers Draught kit. Nothing special. As can be seen from the photo!

And a Coopers Pale Ale, with citra dry hop. Much nicer. Both are 5 weeks in the bottle. 

Still waiting on my Pale Ale + Hop boil to age in bottles. 

20190210_141941.jpg

20190210_151646.jpg

• Like 6

My first attempt with a Coopers OS Real Ale kit.

Cheap and cheerful just used 1 kg raw sugar and 1 & a half kit yeast made to 21 litres. Brewed at 18°C 

34 days in the bottle. Really happy with it and liking it much more than the is draught and lager kits. In fact my recent delivery from BeerBelly included another real ale kit and some cascade hops to try with it for my next attempt. Using LDM though.

Cheers, Lee

Screenshot_20190210-174347.thumb.png.9d975789663dddd2699b6ab0fb2c1d74.png

Edited by #granted+brew
  • Like 5

Having a bottled version of my MAC daddy pale. Still a nice beer but side by side the kegged beer kills it compared to the bottled version. 

Still got the wonderful aroma and flavour it’s just a little thinner and the keg bubbles are smoother. 

Should have started kegging ages ago. Some of the beers I’ve been slightly disappointed with, will now have to be brewed again to see if they still disappoint me.

Cheers to starting again!

Captain

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Curious about the hype of kombucha. Yeah its tea and it's health benefits are debatable especially for the cost of the commercial stuff. It reminds me of those inner health plus adds as it similarly does the same to your gut health. Which ive never met a doctor recommend even after doing a course of anti biotics. Guess it uses those hype words that gets the anti vaxers and vegans all sweaty.

On 2/6/2019 at 7:12 PM, Rowbrew said:

Any ideas why it looks so bad?

20190206_190831.jpg

So, i think i know why it looks so bad now. I went into the shed this morning to find one of my plastic containers where i store bottled beer, to have a beer bottle poking through the lid. Turns out it was one of my Steam Ales. Two had exploded and left quite a mess. I decided to tip the rest of the bottles down the sink. The first couple were pretty tame, a little foaming but thats about it, the third bottle i opened however exploded in my hands, not the glass, but as soon as touched bottle opener to cap it shot off like a gun! After that i put on some goggles and gloves and tipped the rest. All the other bottles were pretty good with only a couple of ones popping loudly and foaming everywhere. I decided to just chuck all the bottles away and i will get rid of the Coopers Commercial yeast i saved in the fridge. I am pretty certain the yeast got infected along the way at some point. Well sorry for the long post, just thought i would share my heartache with you fellow brewers. 

Cheers!

• Confused 2
  • Sad 4