Coopers Community

RDWHAHB - WHAT ARE YOU DRINKING IN 2019?

Titan

Cracked one of my mutated yeast belgian dark strong bottles tonight. Almost 3 months in the bottle. Sweetness hasn't gone but its really mellowed. Great carbonation and the classic belgian lace. Im gonna put the rest in the light and easy esky and put them on the shelf for a few more months and see what happens. Tastes more like Gulden Draak every time i try one.

1551863084483-347113096.jpg

• Like 9

11 hours ago, Greeny1525229549 said:

...belgian dark strong bottles...Im gonna put the rest in the light and easy esky and put them on the shelf for a few more months and see what happens.

I like your thought process, but I don't think the calorie count of the beer will be any lower in a few more months time. 😋

😁

Cheers,

Lusty.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Tried this Black Ale out of curiosity. Walked into the bottle o here and was blown away by the selection of WA craft beers. Price range from $5 to $40 a beer. Nice beer to have by itself definatly not a session beer as the flavors are quite strong. Nice beer overall.

20190308_150916.jpg

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Beer Baron said:

Sampling my centennial and simcoe pale ale. It has only been on the gas for 5 days but worryingly doesn’t have any head..

22F47856-E938-4A9C-A44E-1761ED98AE22.jpeg

What was the recipe on this one?

My American IPA. 10l mini keg tapped saturday. Its not American, just dont think enough hop hit. This will go in my club ipa comp but i will enter the same beer in multiple ipa categories.

20190313_180915.jpg

• Like 2

I've had a head retention issue with some of my beers lately. I'm still not sure if it's the beers or the glass but I've had a few cans of kaiju krush which has maintained its head and laced down the glass as well. They're still washed in the dishwasher the same as always so I dunno. 

1 hour ago, Otto Von Blotto said:

I've had a head retention issue with some of my beers lately. I'm still not sure if it's the beers or the glass but I've had a few cans of kaiju krush which has maintained its head and laced down the glass as well. They're still washed in the dishwasher the same as always so I dunno. 

Just an observation from posts you've made here, but you seem to be getting through your kegs a bit faster over the last few months & even running dry for periods, that for most of the rest of the year you simply don't with your good rotation & timing of brews.

Your beers are possibly not as well aged as you are used to, purely as a guess.

Cheers,

Lusty.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Otto Von Blotto said:

I usually attach gas and put 300kpa for 24-36 hours then set to serving pressure which is around 75kpa but this time I just set to 75kpa because I went away for a few days so hopefully it will improve over the next 3-4 days

Overcarbed XPA. Not the flavours I was hoping for, but drinkable. Overpowering flavour in my last 2 beers, not sure if it's too bitter (although this was only approx. 32 ibu's) or if it's because leaving my hops in too long (may have forgotten to remove after day 7). Might try this again with a few changes! 

IMG20190313193218.thumb.jpg.68ba6fa4c0c528bff128f62ead877482.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Beerlust said:

Just an observation from posts you've made here, but you seem to be getting through your kegs a bit faster over the last few months & even running dry for periods, that for most of the rest of the year you simply don't with your good rotation & timing of brews.

Your beers are possibly not as well aged as you are used to, purely as a guess.

Cheers,

Lusty.

That could be part of it. I kegged a pale ale on the weekend that will sit for a few weeks while this lager ferments, so it'll be interesting to see what happens with it once it's on tap. 

I think next weekend I'll have to try to get this second fridge. I want two fermenters going partly to prevent running out but also to allow better conditioning of the kegs. 

IMG20190314200008.thumb.jpg.dc7b7925ce67dacdcfb02d91a787eeed.jpg

I decided to pour the dregs of my last cube into a bottle and cap it with a carb cap just to see how it turned out. You can see the dense layer of crap in the bottom. I put a little bit of yeast into the bottle and just left it on the kitchen bench. The rest of the batch is currently crash chilling.

It's surprisingly good all things considered - though only very lightly carbonated.IMG20190314200220.thumb.jpg.34c7d6e07cf9e1894f9fb1c422c3d146.jpg

• Like 1

I had a Juice Train from Deeds Brewery at the Goods Shed in Wodonga. It was nice,a little strong for me at 6.5% but it was free as Deeds Brewery was sharing their beers! It was juicy with I think 20g a liter double dry hop with London Ale Yeast. It might have been 10g a liter. It had a distinct pineapple aroma that I could pick up and a slight bitterness that reminded you it was a beer and not juice. Very nice.

I then tried their DDH Pale Ale, double dry hop, pretty much seemed like the same recipe but at 4.6%ABV and a slight hop change, it had more dank and pine notes coming through, but they were slight. They said this one was 8g a liter dry hop, but I could definitely be off on that.  To me this one was perfect. I would put it in my top 5 for sure.

Cheers

Edited by Norris!
  • Like 1

Coopers European Lager bottled late June 2018 ... this was made without temp control during a cold spell last winter ... while it is pretty damn good it is obvious to me now that it quite shite compared to temp controlled lagers ... the flavour profile is muddled, not crisp and clean like the beers I have done since getting my temp control together in January and they have still to be lagered ... really looking forward to drinking those in a couple of months or so ...    

20190317_150639.jpg

Edited by MartyG1525230263
  • Like 2