Coopers Community

What are you listening to right now????

ben 10

Not sure if there's many Split Enz fans here but I've just setup a Youtube channel for ForENZics - a new venture comprising Tim Finn, Eddie Rayner, Noel Crombie and Phil Manzenara (Roxy Music).    I've recently uploaded their first video release "Walking"  (below).  I started a demo video edit for a second track from the yet-to-be released album but lockdown has kinda put a damper on that idea.  Anyway... "Walking", is both a homage and a brand new artefact,  an aural palimpsest created by superimposing a new song over an old...

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Journeyman said:

Will history repeat? 😄 😄 

😄 He looked like he couldn't remember the words for 60 secs. Age gets to us all? 

Yeah... long intros.  You wouldn't hear one much longer than 10 seconds on today's "don't bore us, get to the chorus" music!

• Haha 1

Just now, BlackSands said:

Yeah... long intros.  You wouldn't hear one much longer than 10 seconds on today's "don't bore us, get to the chorus" music!

Tru dat! Wasn't the intro though, or not at least until he spent 10 seconds looking at the floor that I thought, "He's forgotten the lyrics!" 😄 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, James of Bayswater said:

Thanks Black Sands.  I really enjoyed Walking and I hope we hear a lot more from this line up.  

Their debut album is recorded and mixed.  If you liked this one then I'm sure you'll enjoy the other tracks too.   As a band they're not currently signed to any label so it may end up being an informal release... remains to be seen.  If we ever get out of lockdown here I'll ask Ed when we're finally allowed to catch up for coffee again!  

21 hours ago, MUZZY said:

With a voice smoother than a chocolate stout.

You obviously haven't had my Chocolate Stout on Nitro Beergas Mix then Muzzy ha ha ; )

That takes nothing away from how smooth Sade's voice is ha ha 😜

They both had daughters who became sons.   

Chastity, Cher's and Sonny Bono's daughter transitioned to male and so did Sade's daughter Mikailia Adu did the same.  S/he is now known as Izaak.

sade.jpg   cher.jpg

And for interest sake Sade is 60 in the photo and Cher was 71 when that photo was taken. 

• Like 1

@Bearded Burbler  

Most root vegetables will split if subject to inconsistent watering or heavy rain. I grow mine in wicking beds where the moisture is always consistent and have never had the problem but I have had split carrots after infrequent then heavy rain, and I would figure the same applies to many roots.  

And speaking of roots...

"Girls will be boys and boys will be girls
It's a mixed up, muddled up, shook up world,
Except for Lola. 
La la la Lola"

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, Ocean's of Ale- said:

"Radishes splitting" ? never heard of 'em, ive heard of smashing pumpkins though, never heard of "soil drying" either but ive heard of muddy waters.

By the ways being listing to lots of raggae music the wailers of coarse & Peter tosh- 

Luvyerwork OoA

Edited by Bearded Burbler
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Red devil 44 said:

Maiden tragic since the 80

Me too.  Saw them in 82/83.  Beast on the Road Tour.  First ever big concert.  16 years old.  Front row.  Palais Theatre in Melbourne.  I could just about touch Adrian Smith's shoes.  Gold.  

I have only missed them twice on the road since.

I have got three tickets for last weeks show (for best mate and brother in law) now sitting in my drawer as collector's items.

Edited by Shamus O'Sean
  • Haha 1