Coopers Community

What are you listening to right now????

ben 10

On 6/16/2020 at 8:28 PM, Bearded Burbler said:

Just been down a blast-from the past blast-hole and stumbled across this more recent version...

Icehouse still get regular gigs. I know they've played here at 'Day On The Green' & some other festivals in recent years.

I purchased their "Man Of Colours" album on cassette back in the day, that's how old I am. 😂

Not sure when this was recorded, but Iva Davies has lost nothing vocal-wise. At 64, that's pretty awesome. His hair however, was not so lucky. 😉

Cheers,

Lusty.

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...

A best friend of mine & I both love(d) this song, & agreed we would want it played at our own funeral & that whoever outlived the other would make sure it was played for the other.

Sadly I will hear this in the company of his family & friends this coming Tuesday. 😢

I didn't think I'd be playing it for him when he was only 47. RIP mate.

Lusty.

Edited by Beerlust
  • Like 3
  • Sad 8

4 minutes ago, Beerlust said:

Sad to hear it Lusty - but pretty spesh to share a great song with a good mate like that.

Lost a few in recent years... way to early.

Years ago I saw David Gilmour play guest lead for Sam Brown at the Town & Country Club, North London... was Gold... think Dave Gilmour was mates with her Dad muso Jo Brown.

Very sad mate and I guess all we can do in times like these is focus on the great times we had together as mates and that we were so lucky to have that

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bearded Burbler said:

Years ago I saw David Gilmour play guest lead for Sam Brown at the Town & Country Club, North London... was Gold... think Dave Gilmour was mates with her Dad muso Jo Brown.

Sad thing is @Beerlust Lusty tho that gig was a long time ago, I am pretty sure a really good mate of mine who died a few years ago from blllllooody mesothelioma was there that night for Sam Brown at the TnC in Kentish Town... sorta makes it all more poignant when I am listening to the song.... ah yeah... but we gotta focus on the positives of the good times that we had

• Like 2

SSD-TY1.PNGSSD-TY2.PNG

I just wanted to acknowledge those that took the time to read this particular post of mine & be nice enough to show something that cared. It meant more than any of you will ever know at a hard time when I just needed it.

Thank you. SSD-TY3.PNG

Lusty.

Edited by Beerlust
  • Like 5

Agree with Shamus and others, do feel for you Lusty.  

I have lost nearly all my high school mates and also mates made along life's journey.  Not many left.  As I often say when the remaining few of us are together at one of these things, whoever made up the word funeral should have left the FUN part out.  Its a tough gig, especially the first close one, seems to get easier at each passing, but does it?  

- AL

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Whilst upsetting when one you admire passes I have always enjoyed the remembering of them with others (reflection I suppose it's called). The joy I experienced by having known them & participated in life together. Music is a strong device to extract those good memories.

"You gotta die of something at sometime... try to make it a good time"

• Like 5

On 7/2/2020 at 5:48 PM, Beerlust said:

Sadly I will hear this in the company of his family & friends this coming Tuesday. 😢

Lusty.

Peace be with you, Lusty. I hope your mate had a fitting send off.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 7/2/2020 at 6:18 PM, Beerlust said:

Sadly I will hear this in the company of his family & friends this coming Tuesday.

Yeah as Muzz kindly says above... second that.... and @Beerlust Lusty mate I hope the Song went as well as it could have in the circumstances mate... and let's focus on those positive memories.  Bests Lusty. Cheers. BB

• Thanks 1

I lost two mates 4-6 weeks ago, one tragically in a fishing accident the other prehaps even more sadly to suicide,  what hurt the most due to covid there was only 10 people allowed to attend the funeral services. Shocking year this 2020, all you can do really is raise a glass.

Cheers mates-

• Sad 6

• 3 weeks later...

Sharing some love for this young man from Adelaide, Stefan Hauk. Great blues guitarist who's featured on a few tracks with Hindley Street Country Club, who's success has really taken off recently. Unfortunately a few guest spots with HSCC won't pay his bills.
Stefan is soon to release a single, Truth, accompanied by Lachey Doley and Deep Purple drummer Ian Paice. If you like what you hear here please subscribe to his Youtube and other socials. I've known this guy since he was about 8. Very talented, hard working and passionate musician. He deserves some success. I hope you enjoy.

• Like 1

On 7/31/2020 at 4:58 PM, NewBrews said:

Just found this interview so I’m going to have to have a listen but thought I’d post it for our kiwi brother @BlackSands.

Score us a signed vinyl cuz?

Actually... that's a good point....  I had my usual coffee catch-up with Eddie today and didn't even think to ask about the new vinyl release!

• Sad 1